My Airsense 10 Autoset leaked water

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Okie bipap

Re: My Airsense 10 Autoset leaked water

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 pm

My current tank is 14 months old and has never leaked. I fill it every night since I use a lot of humidity. I also wash it about once a month when I think of it.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

JTHorvath1

Post by JTHorvath1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:44 am

i HAVE BEEN USING MY AIRSENSE 10 FOR TWO YEARS NOW. I DO NOT OVERFILL THE CHAMBER AND CLEAN IT ON A REGULAR BASIS WITH WARM WATER AND MILD DISHWASHING SOAP. MY FIRST CONTAINER STARTED LEAKING AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTHS WORTH OF USE. MY PROVIDER PROVIDED ME ANOTHER CONTAINER UNDER WARRANTY. THAT LASTED TWO MOTHS BEFORE IT STARTED LEAKING. THIS TIME i TOOK THETIME TO METICULOUSLY FIX THE LEAK WITH WATER PROOF CAULK.
two days later i wanted to try it out again.......... nope....... the water and heat of the chamber broke down the my repaired seals. Piece of junk!
I purchased a third chamber form the manufacturer and this chamber lasted a bout 3 months before it started leaking............. i attempted to fix this chamber with a hard waterproof glue......... this lasted for about a week before it started leaking again. I have now purchased 6 additional new containers and every single one leaks after a couple months of use.
This is the way that AIR sense makes money and keeps people coming back for "disposable supplies"........water chambers should not be dispsosable............... really???.......... this is a horrible manufacturing flaw that should be addressed.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:05 pm

JTHorvath1 wrote:i HAVE BEEN USING MY AIRSENSE 10 FOR TWO YEARS NOW. I DO NOT OVERFILL THE CHAMBER AND CLEAN IT ON A REGULAR BASIS WITH WARM WATER AND MILD DISHWASHING SOAP. MY FIRST CONTAINER STARTED LEAKING AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTHS WORTH OF USE. MY PROVIDER PROVIDED ME ANOTHER CONTAINER UNDER WARRANTY. THAT LASTED TWO MOTHS BEFORE IT STARTED LEAKING. THIS TIME i TOOK THETIME TO METICULOUSLY FIX THE LEAK WITH WATER PROOF CAULK.
two days later i wanted to try it out again.......... nope....... the water and heat of the chamber broke down the my repaired seals. Piece of junk!
I purchased a third chamber form the manufacturer and this chamber lasted a bout 3 months before it started leaking............. i attempted to fix this chamber with a hard waterproof glue......... this lasted for about a week before it started leaking again. I have now purchased 6 additional new containers and every single one leaks after a couple months of use.
This is the way that AIR sense makes money and keeps people coming back for "disposable supplies"........water chambers should not be dispsosable............... really???.......... this is a horrible manufacturing flaw that should be addressed.
idiots posting crap... *sigh*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Leaking water chambers have been reported by several people.
just because it has not happened to you does not mean it has not happened to others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNSaqvZyFA

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... nk-Leaking

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:14 pm

jtravel wrote:Leaking water chambers have been reported by several people.
just because it has not happened to you does not mean it has not happened to others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNSaqvZyFA

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... nk-Leaking
yes, it happens, but it's sure as shit not "a horrible manufacturing flaw".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

haneypearson@gmail.com

Post by haneypearson@gmail.com » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:10 pm

We have 2 AirSense 10 CPAP machines. One has had 3 water tanks while the other has never had a problem. My wife and I have checked all of our settings and the only difference seems to be the hose temperature setting. The machine with the higher hose setting and higher humidity is the one with the problems. Plastic and metal expand at different rates and the junction is rife for leakage.

distributorguy

Post by distributorguy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 pm

A friend and I both have the same machines - purchased about 3 months apart, roughly a year ago. My 3rd tank just started leaking and my friend is on her 3rd tank as well. Its a known flaw, and rumor has it that there may be a recall either happening or in the works. ResMed knows there is a problem. The parting line cannot withstand any heat. Personally, I'm tired of dealing with it and just spent an hour applying multiple layers of superglue, pushing it into the split with compressed air. Its is a ridiculous design to have a parting line below the water level. How about a parting line at the top??? It wouldn't take a genius engineer to figure that one out.

dave940

Post by dave940 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:19 pm

At the risk of attracting haters, I have to add my experience. I've owned the Airsense 10 for about 2 years, it has the heated air line. Every tank I received has leaked (or appeared to leak) to some degree. I say this because I suppose it is possible that either the water tank gasket, or the two gaskets inside the machine that the tank seats against, could have been the culprit. The leaks eventually ruined a nightstand, so now I have a shallow plastic lid from a tote to catch anything that leaks out. For a couple of months now, I have noticed a dark, resinous material that has been slowly leaking out of the base. This morning, I took it to my Cpap supplier for inspection. He is sending it back to ResMed, and gave me a new one (benefit of a good insurance policy). So now, I am starting again with a brand new water tank and machine. I will watch more closely this time for the first sign of problems, but I can't imagine what I could do differently that might change the outcome. Hopefully, I was getting water tanks every six months from a bad batch, and this one is different. Some have commented that the design is poor. I agree, I can't see why the shallow metal pan of the water tank couldn't have been extended above the water line. This would have eliminated the need for the airspace and vent hole between the metal pan and plastic base.

sleepswith4cats

Post by sleepswith4cats » Mon May 29, 2017 3:59 am

My Airsense 10 Autoset is barely 1 month old. I woke up this morning to find water all over the nightstand, ruining it. A pool of water on the wood floor, too. Barely missed dripping into the electrical power strip. Maybe I'll have to set it on a rimmed baking pan to use. Poor design engineering with that reservoir pan!

OhItsThatGuy

Post by OhItsThatGuy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:25 am

My wife had an Airsense 10 and had four reservoirs leak in the first year. Her doctor allowed her to trade it for a Dreamstation, which she's had no problems with.

Shortly after she moved to the Dreamstation, I was eligible for a new machine. I chose the Airsense 10, against her recommendation. I've had it now for over a year, and I've had no leaking reservoirs.

I think the difference is this: when I wash and dry my reservoir, I separate the top and bottom halves. She would leave them attached to each other and dry the reservoir in an "inverted-V" position, with the hinge at the top. It's my belief that this put stress on the metal-plastic joint on the bottom half and caused the leakage.

I'd be interested in knowing how those on this thread wash and dry their reservoirs and how that correlates to leaks vs no leaks.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:53 am

When I wash our reservoirs, I do as you do. My reservoir is about 18 months old and has never leaked. My wife's machine has only been in use for about three months, but it has never leaked.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:39 am

OhItsThatGuy wrote:My wife had an Airsense 10 and had four reservoirs leak in the first year. ... I chose the Airsense 10, against her recommendation. I've had it now for over a year, and I've had no leaking reservoirs.
maybe your wife just wasn't as careful as you are.

OhItsThatGuy

Post by OhItsThatGuy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:22 am

palerider wrote:
OhItsThatGuy wrote:My wife had an Airsense 10 and had four reservoirs leak in the first year. ... I chose the Airsense 10, against her recommendation. I've had it now for over a year, and I've had no leaking reservoirs.
maybe your wife just wasn't as careful as you are.
I speculated on the reasons for the difference in the remainder of my post. As I said, the only major difference in how we treat(ed) the reservoirs is in washing/drying technique. To dismiss it as a simple lack of care on her part does her a disservice.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:44 am

I have an AirCurve 10 machine...well over 2,000 hours on it.
Not one leak.
I don't wash it or take it apart or anything. I just add distilled water each night as needed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jdc562

Post by jdc562 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:48 pm

My s10 also leaks water and ruined the wood on my bed stand. It is always level. I never exceed the maximum water level. The chamber leaks until it is nearly empty: so the water is not coming out the rubber seal between the bottom and the lid. It has never been mishandled. The chamber is defective, but I can see no cracks; however, there does seem to be water in the seam where the plastic meets the metal bottom. It only leaks when the machine is running.

Lesson for others: to protect your furniture and floor, only run the s10 with something underneath it to catch leaking water. However, elevate the machine above the catchment so the caught water doesn't flood the bottom of the machine.