One Request to Johnny, Carolyn, all forum members

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: One Request to Johnny, Carolyn, all forum members

Post by Julie » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:54 pm

+++ 1000% !

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:58 pm

PoolQ wrote:This is something that I just don't get. Not everyone has a sunny personality all the time, sometimes they grump and grouse, so why can't they have at least one forum where they don't have to fake it all the time? Honestly they are people too and sometimes need assistance and sometimes they don't play nice-nice. Trolls are another story and that's different. Just my 1.5 cents, not sure it's worth the full 2.
Good point. I have no problem with seasoned members OCCASIONALLY going at each other, if they keep it to those threads that have clearly devolved into pissing contests (BTW, I've jumped down a few throats from time to time). What rankles me is when fairly new members get flak for asking what we quaintly refer to as dumb questions (typical advice: search for it, stupid). IMO. common decency demands that those folks who are suffering typical CPAP woes get gentle handling. Who's a lurking troll and who's a suffering newbie? That's the gnarly question and I don't have a pat answer, nor does anybody else. We do the best we can.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:26 pm

A fistfull of oxycontin also tends to brighten the day up significantly.

ems

Post by ems » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote: What rankles me is when fairly new members get flak for asking what we quaintly refer to as dumb questions (typical advice: search for it, stupid). IMO. common decency demands that those folks who are suffering typical CPAP woes get gentle handling. Who's a lurking troll and who's a suffering newbie? That's the gnarly question and I don't have a pat answer, nor does anybody else. We do the best we can.

I agree with you! I was fortunate and didn't get one of "those" replies, and thank the people who helped me see the forest thru the trees. At the time, I really needed to be handled delicately, having no idea what SA even was. Machines and I don't mix well and I thought that any minute it was going to explode on my nightstand. Now when I look back I think that's funny... but I sure didn't then.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

ems

Post by ems » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Morbius wrote:A fistfull of oxycontin also tends to brighten the day up significantly.

Morbius... WHY do you post things like that?? I know it's meant to be funny - but it isn't!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:40 pm

ems wrote:
Morbius wrote:A fistfull of oxycontin also tends to brighten the day up significantly.

Morbius... WHY do you post things like that?? I know it's meant to be funny - but it isn't!
Please do not try to generate arguements when there is absoutely no cause to do so.
Last edited by Morbius on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:44 pm

And truly, I am so sorry that you spent what is essentially your entire life being miserable, and at this point, have little or no opportunity to change anything.

I think this should serve as a reminder to all of us to change now, before it's too late.

ems

Post by ems » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Morbius wrote:I posted that that so you could show how much you demonstrate the 7 characteristics of an unhappy person.

There you go Sonnyboy... that's what I was talking about. Was his response really necessary or warranted? It should be apparent who started the "bullying".

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:49 pm

ems wrote:
Morbius wrote:I posted that that so you could show how much you demonstrate the 7 characteristics of an unhappy person.

There you go Sonnyboy... that's what I was talking about. Was his response really necessary or warranted? It should be apparent who started the "bullying".
No, no. no, there was no reason for you to try to read something into a harmless comment to create a problem, and I won't allow it.

I am so sorry you are angry all the time.

cancun

Post by cancun » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:59 pm

A fistful is a bit too much for me but a couple at a time make me a happier person.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:59 pm

ems wrote:Was his response really necessary or warranted? It should be apparent who started the "bullying".
Really, who cares?

You are bullying yourself by not being able to just stop responding. It really is that simple.

If you don't like what he or someone else is saying... ignore it. Really hard for some people to do, but just plain ignore it. Read something else, go for a hike, visit the kids, play with the dog.. lots of things in life to do.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
PoolQ wrote:This is something that I just don't get. Not everyone has a sunny personality all the time, sometimes they grump and grouse, so why can't they have at least one forum where they don't have to fake it all the time? Honestly they are people too and sometimes need assistance and sometimes they don't play nice-nice. Trolls are another story and that's different. Just my 1.5 cents, not sure it's worth the full 2.
Good point. I have no problem with seasoned members OCCASIONALLY going at each other, if they keep it to those threads that have clearly devolved into pissing contests (BTW, I've jumped down a few throats from time to time). What rankles me is when fairly new members get flak for asking what we quaintly refer to as dumb questions (typical advice: search for it, stupid). IMO. common decency demands that those folks who are suffering typical CPAP woes get gentle handling. Who's a lurking troll and who's a suffering newbie? That's the gnarly question and I don't have a pat answer, nor does anybody else. We do the best we can.
If you are new here and want answers, first learn to read, second learn to search, third if you can't do either, pull up your pants and ask. But before think, how stupid is the question, and whether it's answer has any vaule to you are others.

Many posts are just for the ECHO of hearing their own typing (The need for Social Interaction, both good or bad). That's not the function of this forum.
Many avatars that are used here say a lot about the personality of the poster, sometimes that's good, sometimes not so good, but still it is a clue to their mindset or unmindset. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:04 pm

cancun wrote:
A fistful is a bit too much for me but a couple at a time make me a happier person.
Usually with 4 I can talk to God.

With 6, God talks back.

8, and I AM God....

ems

Post by ems » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Krelvin wrote:
ems wrote:Was his response really necessary or warranted? It should be apparent who started the "bullying".
Really, who cares?

You are bullying yourself by not being able to just stop responding. It really is that simple.
You're quite right! I just deleted my response to "Morbius".

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Morbius wrote:
ems wrote:

No, no. no, there was no reason for you to try to read something into a harmless comment to create a problem, and I won't allow it.

I am so sorry you are angry all the time.
Love it.

ems, maybe you should consider changing your sig line. I find it really ironic that you're calling out *others* for not being sweet, obliging and innocent. Own a mirror?
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.