Wisp nasal mask user,sore in nostril

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MaryEllen

Wisp nasal mask user,sore in nostril

Post by MaryEllen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:39 am

Hello, I been using a bipap since May. I use a wisp nasal mask my humidity is set at 6. For the past few weeks I have had a sore inside my nose. It's right inside the tip hurts to touch that side of my nose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by MaryEllen on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grayghost4

Re: New here, not sure where to post this

Post by grayghost4 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:48 am

There is only one place to post here .... so you must me in the right place
But it would be best if you edit your title to reflect the question better.

When I have that problem it is from an ingrown hair in the nose, and it is very hard to get it out. It is probably not from the cpap mask. You may have to see an ENT to get it corrected.
Last edited by grayghost4 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

ems

Post by ems » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 am

Try using Lanolin cream. Can be found in any pharmacy, Target or Walmart. It's a cream that nursing mom's use when their nipples are sore. Completely safe and really works. Just a small amount and can also be used during the day until the soreness goes away.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

gasp

Post by gasp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Also, see if you have more pressure to that spot from pressing into it with side sleeping, how hard the mask presses against the part of your nose that is sore. It's a balancing act. If the mask presses too hard against your nose you can get sores, if it doesn't press hard enough it can lead to air leaking between the mask and your nose.

MaryEllen

Post by MaryEllen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:12 pm

grayghost4 wrote:There is only one place to post here .... so you must me in the right place
But it would be best if you edit your title to reflect the question better.

When I have that problem it is from an ingrown hair in the nose, and it is very hard to get it out. It is probably not from the cpap mask. You may have to see an ENT to get it corrected.
Thanks for the tip, I changed the title

grayghost4

Re: Wisp nasal mask user,sore in nostril

Post by grayghost4 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:17 pm

and by the way WELCOME TO THE CLUB
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

happysleeper

Re: Wisp nasal mask user,sore in nostril

Post by happysleeper » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi MaryEllen, I find that I get sore spots where my nasal pillows rub up against the skin between my nostrils. I've been experimenting with putting a 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch piece of hydrocolloid dressing over that part of my nose to protect the skin from the pressure of the pillows. I found that the Convatec Duoderm Extra Thin works great. The extra thin is important; the regular thickness creates air leaks. Here's a link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... 5mu8irr9_b I don't know if any doctors would tell you about this, because there may be a potential small risk of the piece of dressing going up your nose? But it is sticky, so it sticks to my skin, I've never had it move. Good luck!