Newbie - Assistance Required

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
test (will delete shortly!)

Re: Newbie - Assistance Required

Post by test (will delete shortly!) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:11 pm

RESMED makes CPAP machines (test post, will be deleted shortly!)

Bill44133

Post by Bill44133 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:21 pm

If you are having leak problems a lot of people find that liners and a big help. You can look at something like
the REMzz's liners or go to padacheeck.com.

With the liners leaks are now a non-issue for me.

I wish you well..

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Let me start by saying I am not a graph expert by any means, people that are will show up later.
My impressions are that a starting pressure of 4 seems too low and as Pugsy said this could effect your mask fit with the increase in pressure. You are indeed getting major leaks and when correct yes you should get better AHI numbers. Your in the right place, hang out for the pros to show up
Sleeping MUCH better now

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Kurtz wrote: am hoping this is able to be viewed, someone please let me know
you can always hit 'preview' to see how your post will look... that one looked ok!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Just a tip = when big leaks are untreated and pressure is raised (to hopefully see a better AHI) things can get worse as added pressure increases the leaks and mouth opening... something to keep in mind.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:50 pm

At what pressure are you doing the mask fitting at the beginning of the night?
The night with the lower AHI the leaks were so bad that probably the machine just missed some events. Can't be sure but it's very possible.

When are you schedule for a review of your data with your doctor? The minimum of 4 cm isn't getting the job done for preventing the OAs.
The CAs/centrals might be arousal centrals due to mask leaks if they are waking you up some.

The leaks need to be stabilized better so that you can get a better idea as to how the AHI might be....I think probably more minimum pressures is needed (probably up around 10 cm) but the big leaks make evaluation difficult.
The big leaks are happening even at the lower end of the pressures...the machine isn't raising the pressure trying to fix the leaks.

I would maybe look at trying a different mask...make use of any mask swapping policy your DME has while you can.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kurtz

Post by Kurtz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:59 am

Last night I noticed the mask started leaking, well woke me at around 3am and well the pressure was high actually pushing out the mask making some noise.

No matter how much I tightened it didn't make a diff - I had the machine set on the smart on/off mode so when I took it out to check what was the pressure the machine stopped so the pressure went back to 4.

My question is in future when I get a leak should I just restart the machine ? to keep the pressure lower - Btw the morning it showed that I didn't have mask problems ( With the smilie face by the mask)

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Kurtz wrote:Last night I noticed the mask started leaking, well woke me at around 3am and well the pressure was high actually pushing out the mask making some noise.

No matter how much I tightened it didn't make a diff - I had the machine set on the smart on/off mode so when I took it out to check what was the pressure the machine stopped so the pressure went back to 4.

My question is in future when I get a leak should I just restart the machine ? to keep the pressure lower - Btw the morning it showed that I didn't have mask problems ( With the smilie face by the mask)
Making the mask too tight will only make leaks worse (and cause marks on your face), one thing to try is practice with the machine during the day (with ramp off if you use it) and start with mask fairly loose that it leaks from being too loose (possibly as loose as it can go if if stay on your head) and gradually tighten it evenly till the leaks stop. Leave that mask set to that point, because the F10 inflates then you put it on before the pressure starts it will feel kinda loose but when the pressure starts it will fit right. Worst case if you got it from a local DME, call them and see if they can help you refit the mask. Also from what I have read people are more sensitive leaks than the machine is (the machine could just think that is in the range of normal venting, even though it is coming out the wrong place ).