FFM and pressure

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: FFM and pressure

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:25 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:The at least 95% pressure is 12, the at least 90% pressure is 12, and the 100% pressure is 12.

And Den would be proud.
You forgot minimum and median/average...those would also be 12 unless the ramp was used to really mess up the numbers.

I have yet to see Corky's reports and that's why I have been so wishy washy with all the could/maybe/should (s).
I do know that newbies sometimes panic over "numbers" when their is no real reason to.
I just want to see the real deal graphs to have an idea if there is anything worth worrying over as in leaks or increasing AHI.
People get so fixated on a "number" that they lose sight of the big picture and sometimes cause themselves stress when it isn't necessary.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:As you, Pugsy, have said many times before, when the types of issues involved in this thread are present, it's best to look at the timeline trace of the pressure. The percentile number, regardless of what definition you accept, can be misleading.

My therapy is stable, so I rarely download the card and only look at the summary statistics on the machine display upon arising. If I see a big jump in events, pressure or AHI, I might download the card to look at the night's events. Fortunately this rarely happens to me.

On the other hand, Corky's therapy is not yet optimized and the Sleepyhead reports could help him in this process.

BTW, here is a simple example of "at least 95%" pressure.
12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12
The at least 95% pressure is 12, the at least 90% pressure is 12, and the 100% pressure is 12.

And Den would be proud.
Even when I don't post in a thread I get "teased".

But, I'm glad to know you're thinking of me.......

To the OP.......Corky1121.
In all seriousness, if you want to eliminate some of the "variables", use a straight pressure.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:56 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:And Den would be proud.

well, she did say she thought you were sulking from the teasing... I think she was shooting barbs at me at the time.... I knew you were tougher than that... and you'll note that I had NOTHING to do with this incident

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:59 pm

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:And Den would be proud.

well, she did say she thought you were sulking from the teasing... I think she was shooting barbs at me at the time.... I knew you were tougher than that... and you'll note that I had NOTHING to do with this incident
And, in all honesty, this was the first time I had peeked into this thread.......and I see my name mentioned.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:03 pm

Wulfman... wrote:And, in all honesty, this was the first time I had peeked into this thread.......and I see my name mentioned.
the price one pays for being (in?)famous!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 pm

Pugsy wrote:You forgot minimum and median/average
Well! If you dare to escalate this war of statistics ->

maximum, mode, lower quartile, upper quartile, top 1% (the wealthy), stanines 1 to 9

are all 12. Humph!

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:14 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Pugsy wrote:You forgot minimum and median/average
Well! If you dare to escalate this war of statistics ->

maximum, mode, lower quartile, upper quartile, top 1% (the wealthy), stanines 1 to 9

are all 12. Humph!
pretty sure that the top 1% isn't reported by any cpap machine I've ever heard of

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:22 pm

Wulfman... wrote:And, in all honesty, this was the first time I had peeked into this thread.......and I see my name mentioned.

Den
Awwww. I bet every night before you say your prayers, you check this - https://www.google.com/search?q=Den+Wul ... 8&oe=utf-8