Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gasper62

Re: Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:14 pm

FYI.......Enchanter posted some particularly disgusting messages during the wee hours this morning. I responded by saying that he'd finally revealed himself to not be the helpless/clueless, lost boy that he'd presented himself as. I further suggested that he should leave the forum as his "boy who cried wolf" routine wasn't being bought here anymore and that perhaps his exiting might prompt the return of RobySue to these pages. (A huge asset, IMO) Then.......... someone went and used the revisionist historian button and deleted every trace of those posts. I can't/won't speculate as to whom it might have been, there's a long, long list of potential "usual suspects". I just wanted to relate to members what was removed from their view while they were (hopefully) in blissful, relaxing sleep. I think that the "Report Spam" button should have limitations so that some immature sneak can't just arbitrarily delete another's post simply because they want to be childish or disagree with the message it contains. Sorta' contradicts the wild, wild west credo laid out by the host's statement, in my opinion. Yes ?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Gasper62 wrote:FYI.......Enchanter posted some particularly disgusting messages during the wee hours this morning. ... Then.......... someone went and used the revisionist historian button and deleted every trace of those posts. I can't/won't speculate as to whom it might have been, there's a long, long list of potential "usual suspects".
maybe a variety of people have decided that the forum needs a bit of janitorial work...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Perhaps but.....why did they hafta' do it right when the pitiful, little wizard character behind the curtain finally revealed his sorry self ?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Gasper62 wrote:Perhaps but.....why did they hafta' do it right when the pitiful, little wizard character behind the curtain finally revealed his sorry self ?
well, really, we're best without what he said, (looking at the topic review in the quote, I see what you're referring too... fortunately, even that is being pushed off the scroll... we're better off without it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:58 pm

palerider wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:FYI.......Enchanter posted some particularly disgusting messages during the wee hours this morning. ... Then.......... someone went and used the revisionist historian button and deleted every trace of those posts. I can't/won't speculate as to whom it might have been, there's a long, long list of potential "usual suspects".
maybe a variety of people have decided that the forum needs a bit of janitorial work...
Yeah but that just makes extra work for Caroline when she has to restore them.
Morbius, are you bored?

archangle

Post by archangle » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Gasper62 wrote:FYI.......[xxx] posted some particularly disgusting messages during the wee hours this morning. I responded by saying that he'd finally revealed himself to not be the helpless/clueless, lost boy that he'd presented himself as. I further suggested that he should leave the forum as his "boy who cried wolf" routine wasn't being bought here anymore and that perhaps his exiting might prompt the return of RobySue to these pages. (A huge asset, IMO) Then.......... someone went and used the revisionist historian button and deleted every trace of those posts. I can't/won't speculate as to whom it might have been, there's a long, long list of potential "usual suspects". I just wanted to relate to members what was removed from their view while they were (hopefully) in blissful, relaxing sleep. I think that the "Report Spam" button should have limitations so that some immature sneak can't just arbitrarily delete another's post simply because they want to be childish or disagree with the message it contains. Sorta' contradicts the wild, wild west credo laid out by the host's statement, in my opinion. Yes ?
It's possible [xxx] deleted his own posts. People sometimes think differently once they cool down or sober up.

If someone maliciously deletes your posts, contact the mods, especially if there's a pattern. The mods have taken action against such things in the past.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Gasper62 wrote:Perhaps but.....why did they hafta' do it right when the pitiful, little wizard character behind the curtain finally revealed his sorry self ?
The only reason he was behind the curtain is the "Do Gooders",provided him with it. If people were more aware of how things are in the real world, they would have figured him out on page one, not page 5. We have a , overabdunce of political correct liberals here, just like society. It's becoming the downfall of the U.S. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Brattygirl65 wrote:I thought this site was going to be helpful. All the name calling , swearing ,references to female anatomy,make this not a good place to find answers to sleep apnea issues. There are lots of other sites!
Yes mam,
has neighborhood has gone downhill in recent times although i believe there are a few good ones left here with invaluable info.
we're all in the same boat, just need to kill a few rats(figuratively speaking) of course
tim

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:33 am

palerider wrote:
well, really, we're best without what he said, (looking at the topic review in the quote, I see what you're referring too... fortunately, even that is being pushed off the scroll... we're better off without it.
Oh no! I missed it! I just saw the one where G62 called E. a troll, and E. told G62 GFY (so that would actually make it E. 1, G62 0).

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:41 am

palerider wrote:...looking at the topic review in the quote, I see what you're referring too... fortunately, even that is being pushed off the scroll...
Oops.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:12 am

Morbius wrote: Oops.
Poop
Morbius, are you bored?

Heart Jumping

Post by Heart Jumping » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:55 pm

johnnygoodman wrote: Howdy,

I don't think you really want me to do what you ask. It assumes I can use a heavy hand to "fix it". I can't. It'll be more broken and less free.

The only way to win here is to be vigilant and have better ideas.

I think CPAPtalk waxes and wanes. I've watched with great displeasure at some comments, but I've also seem strong rebuttals. Good has always won in the past and it'll win here in time.

My job is to keep it free. Your job is to make sure good triumphs in message and spirit.

In conclusion and respectfully, no, I won't change the shape of CPAPtalk just because we're having a bad month. They don't get to have that impact on us.

We are the community we build and choose. Nothing more or less. If there's a hero to ride in and make things better, it is you.

Johnny
This is an old thread but respectfully Johnny, that's not the case. I've been involved in and helped moderate some forums over the years including one of the largest ones on the Internet. And if there's one thing that is as certain as death and taxes, it's that without moderation, forums go downhill. Sure, the community can continue to be useful, but countless good people get driven away, and a few bad apples will derail countless threads. If it's a forum about computers, it may not be a big deal. But when it's a forum where people need support that could be LIFE SAVING, it's a huge deal.

The statement that some moderating will make it become broken and less free is just not the case. Just the opposite, I've seen forums dominated by in fighting and flaming transformed by good moderating within a matter of days into polite communities where everyone tries to help each other. The moderator is very much like the head of a company - YOU create the culture - EVERYTHING starts at the top. Good does not win, without YOU. If YOU make it clear you don't want people mistreated, by and large that's the way it will be.

No one wants hyper moderation. In fact once you set the tone for what's allowed, it's rarely ever necessary. But how about at least doing something about members who serve 0 purpose in this forum other than crapping all over and derailing every other thread they post in and driving away people that need help? viewtopic/t109957/What-careersjobs-best ... eople.html And yes, for once, almost everyone to a person spoke up there. But that won't stop it from happening again tomorrow and the next day and the next - only you can do that.

Last edited by Heart Jumping on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Heart Jumping wrote:without moderation, forums go downhill
Oh bull crap.

If you have your therapy under control, you can just go away and no longer be irritated by whatever is irritating you.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:18 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Oh bull crap.

If you have your therapy under control, you can just go away and no longer be irritated by whatever is irritating you.
+1000

Heart Jumping

Post by Heart Jumping » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:19 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Oh bull crap.

I'm irritated by seeing people who come here for help, who don't say an unkind word to anyone else, many of whom are clearly desperate and depressed, be mistreated by a couple of members. People who are desperate and depressed are the most likely to be affected by that. And I'm voicing my opinion about it, and if that irritates you....actually NO, I wouldn't tell you to leave. You help a lot of people and are by and large supportive.