Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
raven1962

Re: Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

Post by raven1962 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:28 am

I have to admit, as one of the newest members (This being massive Post #8), I have yet to see any bullying. My whole 1st thread is about a system not readily available, as well as my intent to modify said device.

I suspect, given the 600+ views, that some are possibly watching to see if I kill myself, while others may be silently cheering for wacko that may have a viable approach for a different C-PAP, given that EMT services and ERs use them...

Given that my entire pending setup is not available through cpap.com, I have not been moderated, or otherwise admonished, other than by those that seem to be satisfied with what they have, and encouraged to purchase something other than what I think may be a better alternative.

Someone DID, however, accuse me of over-thinking... Image

As others have said, there are far worse forums and places where intelligent thought is certainly not the norm. So far, this forum seems to be fairly open-minded and I'm glad I have had the opportunity to openly present my idea, while also being free to ignore the advice that says get a good machine and you'll be fine.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.” - R.A. Heinlein
Last edited by raven1962 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later,
Jeff F.
Cedar Creek, TX

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:40 am

Morbius wrote:
Sclark08 wrote:I thought I would regret leaving this sight!
I was kinda hoping that you had left my sight.

However...

"not".
I don't believe I have ever replied to any of your posts so I have never been IN your sight!!

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:53 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:Bullies Have Higher Self-Esteem, Lower Depression Rates

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/07/28/ ... ion-rates/
Is that supposed to be a good thing? You bully an acquaintance on line and they commit suicide especially high school kids who are so impressionable?
WOW!

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Is it just me, or, has anyone else noticed that E's recent posts seem a LOT more assertive, and combative than previous offerings ? Oh, yeah, "dribble" ?

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Gasper62 wrote:Is it just me, or, has anyone else noticed that E's recent posts seem a LOT more assertive, and combative than previous offerings ? Oh, yeah, "dribble" ?
Another one that keeps proving my point. Don't you guys see what you look like picking on someone you perceive as helpless? How would you treat a person with a disability in the real world? You do know there is a real world outside of the internet don't you?
Morbius, are you bored?

ems

Post by ems » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:36 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:Bullies Have Higher Self-Esteem, Lower Depression Rates

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/07/28/ ... ion-rates/
Yup... and then they go out and shoot first graders and people in church.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:43 pm

postitnote wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:Is it just me, or, has anyone else noticed that E's recent posts seem a LOT more assertive, and combative than previous offerings ? Oh, yeah, "dribble" ?
Another one that keeps proving my point. Don't you guys see what you look like picking on someone you perceive as helpless? How would you treat a person with a disability in the real world? You do know there is a real world outside of the internet don't you?
Asks the person with 5.3 times as many posts as me........... having joined less than a month before I did ?!? That's rich. You funny.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Sclark08 wrote:I thought I would regret leaving this sight! NOT I
and, yet, you never have left, much as we wish you would.

sight
noun:
the faculty or power of seeing.

site
noun:

an area of ground on which a town, building, or monument is constructed.
"the proposed site of a hydroelectric dam"
a place where a particular event or activity is occurring or has occurred.
"the site of the Battle of Antietam"
synonyms: location, place, position, situation, locality, whereabouts; technicallocus
"the site of the battle"
short for building site.
a website.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:55 pm

postitnote wrote:
Explain the "disability". He exercises regularly and recently said he wants to ride a bike 3 hours a day. Is it mental?

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Wow U R REALLY smart !

This is so entertaining! I will leave when and if I am ready. There are some nice people on here I enjoy talking with. And I purchase many of my supplies through this SIGHT!

So why don't you just go find someone to bully

ems

Post by ems » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:09 pm

LSAT wrote:
postitnote wrote:
Explain the "disability". He exercises regularly and recently said he wants to ride a bike 3 hours a day. Is it mental?
Who knows? None of us know him. How would we know something like that? For sure, this isn't a place to discuss what is perceived to be "mental" issues.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:12 pm

If people need protection they should protect themselves. Grow up and stop whining

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:27 pm

That's ridiculous, appalling, and ignorant. Just hope you never need help.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Sight vs site, homonyms. Using one in place of the other REPEATEDLY makes one look foolish, to say the least.
Normally, I reserve spelling corrections to a gentle PM, but this is a SPECIAL CASE!

ems

Post by ems » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:43 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Sight vs site, homonyms. Using one in place of the other REPEATEDLY makes one look foolish, to say the least.
Normally, I reserve spelling corrections to a gentle PM, but this is a SPECIAL CASE!
CF... said gently... why would you suggest spelling corrections in a sleep apnea forum? Does it really matter if someone says "sight" instead of "site" or "cite"? I doubt it will do anything to improve their sleep.