Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BleepingBeauty

Re: Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

Post by BleepingBeauty » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:51 pm

Gasper62 wrote:Cardsfan might just need a Snickers ...........and a nap.
What? A bunch of sleep deprived people clumping together on a forum and someone should vent?
Sleeping MUCH better now

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:53 pm

PoolQ wrote:
postitnote wrote:
PoolQ wrote:What the OP is actually saying is that the forum owners are not paying attention to the forum and that the moderators are not competent. Why thank you for pointing that out to them, I am sure it went over well. "Forum Administrators- Do your JOB" truly this is your job to point out and decide what should and should not be done in THEIR FORUM. Priceless!
I get what you are saying but this forum has clearly stated rules under the user agreement. Why have them if they aren't enforced? Not saying they should state this is a free-for-all but why not state this forum is NOT moderated which is clearly the case.

Something like "we will not babysit the folks who visit here but ask that you try to show the same respect that you would like from others" and "feel free to leave if things get too intense for you". Honestly it's pretty obvious what this place is like from the first few times a person posts. It's the same few that swoop down every time.

Your post just now is no better than any of those that start shit on all the threads or mine recently for that matter. It's a stand still in toxic waters I decided to build a raft which means I will be like many others here and take out all my frustrations on this list! Next time I get pissed at one of my kids I'll just come here and pick on someone instead. Sounds fair doesn't it?
Rules are rules like we all completely stop at stop signs, yield to people in crosswalks, never speed, move into a slower lane when others want to go faster no matter if we are going the speed limit, use our turn signals and on and on and on.

The point is calling out the admins and forum owner in public is telling them that you don't think they are doing their job as it clearly states in the subject. It IS their job, it IS their forum, it IS their rules and they get to do whatever they want to. period. We are not in 6th grade, people are not perfect, we don't get to control what's not ours, we don't get to run the company if it's not our company, we all know the world is not fair and no one person gets to say what is fair.
Good explanation. Not that it matters but since you are new here (I'm not looking for a friend since the enemy thing is more fun) I only started being mean in response to my simply asking people to be nice on a thread I started saying Enchanter got the machine and mask I sent him. I simply wanted the kid (he's under 40) to be able to get help from people who knew more about the ins and outs of cpap machines. Asking people to be nice caused palerider and a few others to start attacking me since attacking Enchanter wasn't enough anymore. palerider went so far as to imply E was retarded or had aspergers. After someone called him out for saying that he said the same thing about a former "roomie" of his. The common denominator here is palerider and his band of a-holes who like to start shit all the time. How many threads wind up with him saying the OP never posted again? Possibly because he ran them off? When things calmed down for a week while E didn't post palerider and a few others had to start talking about shit again and stirred it all up again. I can play that game. He can pretend he ignores me but I know that guest thing that keeps posting is him from his phone. He is so predictable. Fuck it. Whatever!
Morbius, are you bored?

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 pm

PoolQ wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:Cardsfan might just need a Snickers ...........and a nap.
What? A bunch of sleep deprived people clumping together on a forum and someone should vent?

I usually don't cotton to divas or morality police very much.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:57 pm

palerider wrote:so, *looks around* what's new, I had to go get more popcorn!
Don't forget your lipstick.
Morbius, are you bored?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:58 pm

I think I have been fired. or forced into early retirement.

I am going to go make some more homemade Irish Creme to go with the popcorn...want some?
Looks like we are in for an "entertaining" weekend....better stock up on the essentials.

Hey Robin...I see you just posted...want some homemade Irish Creme?
I may need to make a liquor store run from the looks of things...don't think I have enough of the good stuff.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

cancun

Post by cancun » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:01 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:Image
[/ color]

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:05 pm

I see this thread is now on the fifth page of vitriol.
To quote Gandhi: "Be the difference you wish to see."
Such a waste of what so recently were compassionate, caring minds.
It's not too late! Jump off the thread; let it die a lonely death, please.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:10 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I see this thread is now on the fifth page of vitriol.
To quote Gandhi: "Be the difference you wish to see."
Such a waste of what so recently were compassionate, caring minds.
It's not too late! Jump off the thread; let it die a lonely death, please.
+1

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Pugsy wrote:...want some homemade Irish Creme?
Yes, please and thank you!
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:23 pm

grayghost4 wrote:Sleeprider : How long did it take you to make up that list ?
You were expecting original work in this thread?

That one was a steal with minor changes to remove the irrelevant. FWIW, it hasn't been deleted or edited yet.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:26 pm

Pugsy wrote:
I think I have been fired. or forced into early retirement.

I am going to go make some more homemade Irish Creme to go with the popcorn...want some?
Looks like we are in for an "entertaining" weekend....better stock up on the essentials.

Hey Robin...I see you just posted...want some homemade Irish Creme?
I may need to make a liquor store run from the looks of things...don't think I have enough of the good stuff.
I'd LOVE some, thank you very much, my friend.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:33 pm

Would you consider posting the recipe for the Irish Cream, Pugsy ? I'd love to try it.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:37 pm

I have participated in discussions here and have learnt a bunch from some wiser members here.

But lately, the signal to noise ratio on this forum has gone to worse.

I know that the owners don't care because:
1) moderating a forum means payroll. That takes the cost from $x00 to $x000.
2) more original content on the forum means better google ranking. So they don't want to be banning people even if they are crazies/trolls or anyone. Hey they even let people post as guests.

Why do you think they want you to enter your machine and mask and humidifier in your profile. All these link back to cpap DOT com.

There is no business case for moderating this forum. It will cost real money and The owners get nothing more by raising the quality of discussion on this forum OR raising the civility.

I don't understand why people don't deregister on this forum and participate anonymously if they can't have their feelings hurt.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 pm

Gasper62 wrote:Would you consider posting the recipe for the Irish Cream, Pugsy ? I'd love to try it.
Sure but how about I do it not in this thread?
How about I start an OT thread for recipes and that way maybe others have something else that sounds good and we can go to it instead of digging around in this one?
Might be more fun than than what is going on here.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.