Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:41 pm

nanwilson wrote:What I fail to understand is if Cardsfan and Postitnote dislike this forum so much....why are they still here . No matter how hard they try.... they will NOT change this forum............. Goodbye and good luck to both of you.
maybe they feel that causing strife and conflict is the only contribution they can make? they have no technical knowledge, they have no helpful advice, but they have a burning need to contribute something... your guess is as good as mine, probably better

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Midnight Strangler wrote:Get rid of Pugsy and the problem is solved. lol
DOWN WITH PUGSY
AND THAT SORT OF THING

something like that?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:52 pm

I think I get where they're going with that name... but still, last thing I want while trying to sleep is having a blowout on my cpap setup!!!

also amusing, their big ad on their front page has a higher price than cpap.com for the same thing...

Last edited by palerider on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Sleeprider : How long did it take you to make up that list ?
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:56 pm

PailRider wrote: they have no technical knowledge, they have no helpful advice,
You are starting to sound like Trump.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:04 pm

WindyFanny wrote:
PailRider wrote: they have no technical knowledge, they have no helpful advice,
You are starting to sound like Trump.
but with, (I promise you) MUCH better hair and fewer gaudy hotels.

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:16 pm

Cardsfan wrote:Obviously this forum is a way to promote your business, https://www.cpap.com . Since finding this forum, I have ordered many of my cpap supplies from your business. But my orders will stop until you take action.
I understand you can not read every post on here. But I do expect you to notice when a member has been bullied for MONTHS. You have done nothing to prevent, or discourage the abuse of the forum rules.
If you allow your customers to be mistreated by other forum members, then you do not deserve my business.

It is time for the Forum Administrators to put an end to the bullying and get rid of the people who can not follow the rules of conduct.

Thank you.
I suggest you search on the internet for other CPAP/Apnea forums and post there.

Johnny and Caroline, thanks for this forum.

Personally, I'd like to see the forum moderated more strictly, but that is a lot of work and a headache. I don't begrudge the owners for running it the way it is. I know what this forum is, how it's run, and make my decisions on when and where to participate.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:20 pm

nanwilson wrote:What I fail to understand is if Cardsfan and Postitnote dislike this forum so much....why are they still here . No matter how hard they try.... they will NOT change this forum............. Goodbye and good luck to both of you.
Why are you still here if you have such an issue with people like me? I'm not leaving. Live with it. Foe me. Dont' give two shits.
Morbius, are you bored?

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:34 pm

archangle wrote:Personally, I'd like to see the forum moderated more strictly, but that is a lot of work and a headache. I don't begrudge the owners for running it the way it is.
how much more strictly? would you like to turn it into an apneaboard clone? an apneasupport clone? we know how well THAT worked out for 'em, desolate wasteland with the occasional desperate lost person saying "HELP ME PLEASE", and then gone.

Last edited by palerider on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:17 pm

PR didn't do well on apnea board. Pushing buttons there too. Go look for yourself.

Last edited by postitnote on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morbius, are you bored?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:19 pm

palerider wrote:
maybe they feel that causing strife and conflict is the only contribution they can make? they have no technical knowledge, they have no helpful advice, but they have a burning need to contribute something... your guess is as good as mine, probably better
Too many, idle fingers, and empty minds. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:30 pm

postitnote wrote:
PoolQ wrote:What the OP is actually saying is that the forum owners are not paying attention to the forum and that the moderators are not competent. Why thank you for pointing that out to them, I am sure it went over well. "Forum Administrators- Do your JOB" truly this is your job to point out and decide what should and should not be done in THEIR FORUM. Priceless!
I get what you are saying but this forum has clearly stated rules under the user agreement. Why have them if they aren't enforced? Not saying they should state this is a free-for-all but why not state this forum is NOT moderated which is clearly the case.

Something like "we will not babysit the folks who visit here but ask that you try to show the same respect that you would like from others" and "feel free to leave if things get too intense for you". Honestly it's pretty obvious what this place is like from the first few times a person posts. It's the same few that swoop down every time.

Your post just now is no better than any of those that start shit on all the threads or mine recently for that matter. It's a stand still in toxic waters I decided to build a raft which means I will be like many others here and take out all my frustrations on this list! Next time I get pissed at one of my kids I'll just come here and pick on someone instead. Sounds fair doesn't it?
Rules are rules like we all completely stop at stop signs, yield to people in crosswalks, never speed, move into a slower lane when others want to go faster no matter if we are going the speed limit, use our turn signals and on and on and on.

The point is calling out the admins and forum owner in public is telling them that you don't think they are doing their job as it clearly states in the subject. It IS their job, it IS their forum, it IS their rules and they get to do whatever they want to. period. We are not in 6th grade, people are not perfect, we don't get to control what's not ours, we don't get to run the company if it's not our company, we all know the world is not fair and no one person gets to say what is fair.
Sleeping MUCH better now

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:38 pm

Cardsfan might just need a Snickers ...........and a nap.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:42 pm

so, *looks around* what's new, I had to go get more popcorn!