Insurance cannot give me mask without Diagnostic Test

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Madalot

Re: Insurance cannot give me mask without Diagnostic Test

Post by Madalot » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:11 am

Postitnote -- I would have sent you a PM, as you did to me, but since you disabled RECEIPT of them.....

You are responsible for how YOU choose to respond to what YOU consider inappropriate behavior. There are those, including me, that didn't 100% agree with you, but DID see what you meant and felt a little compassion towards you and the position you are taking on all this. Because of YOUR response, you've lost a lot/most support you did have.

Two wrongs don't make a right (remember that saying???).

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:41 am

Madalot wrote:Postitnote -- I would have sent you a PM, as you did to me, but since you disabled RECEIPT of them.....

You are responsible for how YOU choose to respond to what YOU consider inappropriate behavior. There are those, including me, that didn't 100% agree with you, but DID see what you meant and felt a little compassion towards you and the position you are taking on all this. Because of YOUR response, you've lost a lot/most support you did have.

I don't think I had any support from people here other than ems and papit regarding Enchanter. There have been several that PM'd wanting to help but none ever did. Well maybe Sheriff sent E that FFM. I recall him offering and know someone sent one. All I ever wanted was the childish bullshit to stop. People constantly posting sarcasm and useless dribble in threads trying to help someone is just childish! How the hell was Enchanter supposed to grasp what was being posted to him when he was knee deep in all that unneeded crap? No one wants to admit that people can't learn under those conditions so the childish thing to do is attack someone (me and I don't care about that one bit) and divert the discussion off the real topic. It doesn't take much to figure out that PR and LSAT both enjoy hijacking threads. Then you have the followers who chime in because they think they can hide behind the aforementioned. All I care about is seeing Enchanter get started using xpap successfully. That makes me a bad person in the eyes of those who like to decide who is a troll or not. Most of these people here are pretty sad if you want my opinion. Anyone who said I was a bad mother or grandmother for the way I swore is seriously in need of help. Those people equate typing on a forum to reality and guess what...not reality. Assumed user ID's and hidden faces (for the most part and then who's to say those photos are real). I know Enchanter is real. Julie knows it too but once again she is flip flopping back and forth depending on how much hate is sent her way by the forum baddies. Anything I post here has no bearing on my personal life I can see several people live and breathe this place and to those I say get help. Off my soapbox now. Oh and never assume (for the general forum members) that you know who or what I am in my personal life. I might just be playing dumb blond here! Or Muffy or Muffin or some other incarnation of an airhead...
Morbius, are you bored?

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:54 am

postitnote wrote:
Madalot wrote:Postitnote -- I would have sent you a PM, as you did to me, but since you disabled RECEIPT of them.....

I don't think I had any support from people here other than ems and papit regarding Enchanter. There have been several that PM'd wanting to help but none ever did. Well maybe Sheriff sent E that FFM. I recall him offering and know someone sent one. All I ever wanted was the childish bullshit to stop. People constantly posting sarcasm and useless dribble in threads trying to help someone is just childish! How the hell was Enchanter supposed to grasp what was being posted to him when he was knee deep in all that unneeded crap? No one wants to admit that people can't learn under those conditions so the childish thing to do is attack someone (me and I don't care about that one bit) and divert the discussion off the real topic. It doesn't take much to figure out that PR and LSAT both enjoy hijacking threads. Then you have the followers who chime in because they think they can hide behind the aforementioned. All I care about is seeing Enchanter get started using xpap successfully. That makes me a bad person in the eyes of those who like to decide who is a troll or not. Most of these people here are pretty sad if you want my opinion. Anyone who said I was a bad mother or grandmother for the way I swore is seriously in need of help. Those people equate typing on a forum to reality and guess what...not reality. Assumed user ID's and hidden faces (for the most part and then who's to say those photos are real). I know Enchanter is real. Julie knows it too but once again she is flip flopping back and forth depending on how much hate is sent her way by the forum baddies. Anything I post here has no bearing on my personal life I can see several people live and breathe this place and to those I say get help. Off my soapbox now. Oh and never assume (for the general forum members) that you know who or what I am in my personal life. I might just be playing dumb blond here! Or Muffy or Muffin or some other incarnation of an airhead...
There were a LOT of people, myself included, that did as you asked and BACKED OFF and stopped posting in Enchanter's threads. Several people PM'd me, saying that they believed, with every fiber of their being, that Enchanter is real and his situation is real. Then they politely explained why. While I am still on the fence about him and his situation, I did take their comments to heart and BACKED OFF. I stayed out of his threads, regardless of how much I wanted to blast "BS" (notice the use of letters, thus keeping it fairly clean?).

My point to you is that a lot of people did as was asked: "If you can't help him or can't post anything constructive, at least don't make it worse." A few, of course, are who they are and continued posting and making negative (bullying by many standards) comments.

Your coming back in this manner, with the nastiness and profanity, has hurt people's opinion of YOU. This has nothing to do with Enchanter now. This is about YOU. And it's not pretty.

And I get that you don't give a rat's ass what I, or anyone else, thinks of you. But you are making a big mistake if you don't think this is a community. Many of us, people that have been on this forum more than a few months, have formed lasting, IRL friendships and bonds. And we have done that by being true to ourselves and NOT letting what other people do influence how we act, behave and interact online.

My philosophy, and the philosophy of those I respect, is that if I wouldn't say it or do it to you in my living room, I won't do it online either. I treat everyone the way I would if they were sitting my living room. Can you say you are doing the same? I doubt it.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:02 am

postitnote wrote:

Re: All I care about is seeing Enchanter get started using xpap successfully.

I feel kaiasgram is correct in writing:

"In fact I'm convinced that people's staying engaged with him on this forum -- no matter how well intended -- is keeping him distracted and disinclined to seek the help he really needs and which no one here is in a position to provide. I have compassion for his suffering and I feel strongly that the most helpful thing all of us can do at this point is to draw the line, stop responding to all his posts, put an end to these dysfunctional circular dialogues, and hope that he will then turn his attention to getting the appropriate professional (medical and mental health) care."

Last edited by Sonnyboy on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:12 am

I attempted to help until I realized he was unhelpable. The forum is for people who try, listen, comprehend and do. He needs someone at his side, forcing him to do the right thing.

I can't, they won't, they don't respond, the test didn't work, they deleted the test, over and over again shows he is not capable of acting on his own.

I have no idea what his problem is, but this is not correct format for him.

I have never seen anyone so incapable of doing something without actually trying on any forum, bbs our other online communication device EVER.

Over 560 posts of the same thing over and over, a broken record to the extreme.

Via San Diego on mobile.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:19 am

BTW, this post started by him was a perfect example
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:46 am

Krelvin wrote:I attempted to help until I realized he was unhelpable. The forum is for people who try, listen, comprehend and do. He needs someone at his side, forcing him to do the right thing.

I can't, they won't, they don't respond, the test didn't work, they deleted the test, over and over again shows he is not capable of acting on his own.

I have no idea what his problem is, but this is not correct format for him.

I have never seen anyone so incapable of doing something without actually trying on any forum, bbs our other online communication device EVER.

Over 560 posts of the same thing over and over, a broken record to the extreme.

Via San Diego on mobile.
But how many of those threads from his 560 posts were cluttered up with junk? If E was a small child and you were trying to get him to ride a bike without training wheels would you push him and when he fell just laugh and walk away? Of course not! He doesn't live in San Diego though his phone number could route from there. I know you tried to help him but you also got mean to him. It's frustrating when we can't help someone isn't it? It makes us mad but we should just walk away or find other ways to try and help.

Yes, I know he starts a lot of threads and that is unnecessary but really what harm does it do? If it bothers someone don't read it. Or better yet foe him. And I do think you have been helpful to many people on this forum and also to E at times. I'm not sure why I feel the need to protect him like he was my kid. He's not really a kid at 29 and he does have a mother. Can't help it because IRL I am a nurturer of animals and people.
Sonnyboy wrote:

"In fact I'm convinced that people's staying engaged with him on this forum -- no matter how well intended -- is keeping him distracted and disinclined to seek the help he really needs and which no one here is in a position to provide. I have compassion for his suffering and I feel strongly that the most helpful thing all of us can do at this point is to draw the line, stop responding to all his posts, put an end to these dysfunctional circular dialogues, and hope that he will then turn his attention to getting the appropriate professional (medical and mental health) care."
Sonnyboy/La zona/Marsha whatever, this really doesn't concern you does it. We all have seen you quote other people. Terrific. Add something of your own that helps Enchanter and I will listen and sing your praises. And if you check I'm pretty sure you attacked me first so expect to be hit back. I really don't care who rallies around.
Madalot wrote:
There were a LOT of people, myself included, that did as you asked and BACKED OFF and stopped posting in Enchanter's threads. Several people PM'd me, saying that they believed, with every fiber of their being, that Enchanter is real and his situation is real. Then they politely explained why. While I am still on the fence about him and his situation, I did take their comments to heart and BACKED OFF. I stayed out of his threads, regardless of how much I wanted to blast "BS" (notice the use of letters, thus keeping it fairly clean?).

My point to you is that a lot of people did as was asked: "If you can't help him or can't post anything constructive, at least don't make it worse." A few, of course, are who they are and continued posting and making negative (bullying by many standards) comments.

Your coming back in this manner, with the nastiness and profanity, has hurt people's opinion of YOU. This has nothing to do with Enchanter now. This is about YOU. And it's not pretty.

And I get that you don't give a rat's ass what I, or anyone else, thinks of you. But you are making a big mistake if you don't think this is a community. Many of us, people that have been on this forum more than a few months, have formed lasting, IRL friendships and bonds. And we have done that by being true to ourselves and NOT letting what other people do influence how we act, behave and interact online.

My philosophy, and the philosophy of those I respect, is that if I wouldn't say it or do it to you in my living room, I won't do it online either. I treat everyone the way I would if they were sitting my living room. Can you say you are doing the same? I doubt it.
Nothing stands out where you were mean to E. The focus though is unfortunately more on those who have berated E and done nothing but cause trouble for him. Not everyone can handle clutter in their daily lives (my daughter thrives on it literally). Some people need a minimalistic environment to work. It's a shame that those that did try and help have been buried and have backed off. It was supposed to be the other way around! Doesn't say much about the hierarchy here does it? For those that get upset over my use of cuss words do a search here of the cuss word of your choice. PR and many others have used them and please don't tell me anyone here is shocked by hearing those words. This is the internet and not a cloistered nunnery. Thank you for the help you tried to offer and also thanks to the others who's names are buried under the garbage.
Morbius, are you bored?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 am

Good Morning Postitnote,

Postitnote wrote:
Sonnyboy/La zona/Marsha whatever, this really doesn't concern you does it. We all have seen you quote other people. Terrific. Add something of your own that helps Enchanter and I will listen and sing your praises. And if you check I'm pretty sure you attacked me first so expect to be hit back. I really don't care who rallies around.

Postitnote wrote:
this really doesn't concern you does it.

As a forum member everything written on this forum concerns me.

I have made multiple attempts to help Enchanter.

Most important:
I consistently advised Enchanter make an appointment to see his doctor.
I consistently advised Enchanter to request his test results in writing.
I consistently advised use of a health advocate.
I suggested SKYPE as a teaching tool. This can be accomplished without revealing identity if that concerns you or Enchanter.
Oh, and I advised him not use Pot without a doctor's prescription.

I reinforce Kaiasgram's message at every opportunity because I feel her message is critical to Enchanter's health and care.
When someone has said something so clearly and correctly as Kaiasgram there is no reason to redo it.
Kaiasgram is clearly showing all of us the help Enchanter needs.

Enchanter on another forum stated he prefers the forum to a doctor's appointment because the doctor does not have time to chat all day and this shows me his intent in joining the forum is social interaction and Enchanter's intent in joining the forum is not getting help with sleep apnea/cpap.

End of discussion.

cancun

Post by cancun » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:48 am

Sonnyboy wrote:Good Morning Postitnote,

[color=#FF0000]IEnd of discussion.

Now that is funny!!

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Postitnote wrote:

Postitnote wrote:

Most important:
I suggested SKYPE as a teaching tool. This can be accomplished without revealing identity if that concerns you or Enchanter.

I reinforce Kaiasgram's message at every opportunity because I feel her message is critical to Enchanter's health and care.
When someone has said something so clearly and correctly as Kaiasgram there is no reason to redo it.

Enchanter on another forum stated he prefers the forum to a doctor's appointment because the doctor does not have time to chat all day and this shows me his intent in joining the forum is social interaction and Enchanter's intent in joining the forum is not getting help with sleep apnea/cpap.

End of discussion.
You were a parrot in another life? What kind?

You keep saying end of discussion when you type to me but yet you keep coming back. It's like TedBurns3 who keeps saying goodbye but keeps coming back. End it already. Have a mediocre life and seek attention from someone else. Yes, I am being mean to him/her but SB just keeps provoking for the attention. Nothing differnt than what PR does is it?
cancun wrote:

Now that is funny!!

What's really funny is people who quote but yet can't do it correctly. Nothing to say Cancun? Then don't!
Morbius, are you bored?

cancun

Post by cancun » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:55 pm

postitnote wrote:

Postitnote wrote:

Postitnote wrote:

Most important:

End of discussion.
You were a parrot in another life? What kind?

You keep saying end of discussion when you type to me but yet you keep coming back. It's like TedBurns3 who keeps saying goodbye but keeps coming back. End it already. Have a mediocre life and seek attention from someone else. Yes, I am being mean to him/her but SB just keeps provoking for the attention. Nothing differnt than what PR does is it?
cancun wrote:

Now that is funny!!

What's really funny is people who quote but yet can't do it correctly. Nothing to say Cancun? Then don't!

Well fuck you Postitnote! I have never said anything to you before, I even PM'd you and offered to help you with your precious Enchanter when you first said you were sending him a CPAP machine., Excuse me for not knowing the proper way to quote. I did have something to say. I said that "End of discussion" was funny and it was because it sure wasn't the end of discussion now was it?

ems

Post by ems » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:00 pm

postitnote wrote:Nothing stands out where you were mean to E. The focus though is unfortunately more on those who have berated E and done nothing but cause trouble for him. Not everyone can handle clutter in their daily lives... Some people need a minimalistic environment to work. It's a shame that those that did try and help have been buried and have backed off. It was supposed to be the other way around! Doesn't say much about the hierarchy here does it? For those that get upset over my use of cuss words do a search here of the cuss word of your choice. PR and many others have used them and please don't tell me anyone here is shocked by hearing those words. This is the internet and not a cloistered nunnery. Thank you for the help you tried to offer and also thanks to the others who's names are buried under the garbage.
Nicely said PIN. One thing I've noticed over and over is that when nice people get dumped on they either disappear or get on the defensive. I think that about sums up PIN's behavior.

And Maddy... I agree with 99% of what you said. There is something about posting anonymously that allows people to say things that they never in a million years would say in their living rooms. It's like.. why the 'heck' not? No one will know who I am! There are times that I've wondered if people think this forum is really group therapy?? More time is spent in this type of discussion than talking about SA! It's so easy not to post in a thread that doesn't interest you... why don't people do that?? It's because it's the internet and people get to voice their 'true' thoughts anonymously. I've read some old posts of mine from 2011 that put me right into that category. I don't like that person! I don't even know who that person is. Obviously, I chose to get on the defensive instead of disappearing. It's really difficult when people come at you to sit back and do nothing. Feeling attacked or bullied for things you (i) say is pretty awful... even on the internet. Watching people being harassed and bullied is even worse!

Nothing is going to change here... the Goodmans have made that clear. That in and of itself allows people to curse and say anything and everything they want to. Will I keep that in mind in the future? Will I curse now bc no one is going to ban me? Maybe. Personally, I think that what's been going on here is only going to get worse. As I recently said to a member... the only way to stay on a forum like this is to have fun with it... and 'fun' means different things to each of us.

Okay now... have a good weekend... everyone.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:30 pm

cancun wrote: Well fuck you Postitnote! I have never said anything to you before, I even PM'd you and offered to help you with your precious Enchanter when you first said you were sending him a CPAP machine., Excuse me for not knowing the proper way to quote. I did have something to say. I said that "End of discussion" was funny and it was because it sure wasn't the end of discussion now was it?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106256&p=1008601&hi ... 1#p1008601

viewtopic/t103864/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 8#p1015668

Nope. SB ends conversations with EOD often.

Hey you cussed. Awesome. I honestly don't recall you PM'ing me before. I had so many people wanting to send me money to help pay for shipping and I refused all of them.
Last edited by postitnote on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morbius, are you bored?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:50 pm

postitnote wrote: Nope. SB ends conversations with EOD often.
Hi again PIN [head],

Only with you and directly pertaining to the current thread, current topic, and my participation.

End of discussion

SleepyBobR

Post by SleepyBobR » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Awesome thread.