Insurance cannot give me mask without Diagnostic Test

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Morbius

Re: Insurance cannot give me mask without Diagnostic Test

Post by Morbius » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm

grayghost4 wrote:Anyone that can afford to spend $2000 to $5000 on a new bicycle , when he already has one, can certainly afford $50 to $100 for a new mask.
Better yet, should have done what I said in the first place and done an HST for 215 - 299 bucks, run it during actual hours of sleep, and we would have saved 700 worthless posts, wasted time, aggravation, a pile of money (whether it was for the OP or the insurers)...

...unless...

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Morbius wrote:
grayghost4 wrote:Anyone that can afford to spend $2000 to $5000 on a new bicycle , when he already has one, can certainly afford $50 to $100 for a new mask.
Better yet, should have done what I said in the first place and done an HST for 215 - 299 bucks, run it during actual hours of sleep, and we would have saved 700 worthless posts, wasted time, aggravation, a pile of money (whether it was for the OP or the insurers)...

...unless...
Would have been posting on not being able to open the package on the test! Jim

If typing could cure Sleep Apnea, he would have been cured by page two.

Is that new bike going to be a two seater, if not where is the navigator going to set.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Morbius wrote:

...unless...

Is that new bike going to be a two seater, if not where is the navigator going to set.
Why do you think it is ok for you to be mean to E? I'm just curious. You want me to be nice to people who bully him but it's ok for you to treat him like shit? Explain the logic and try to avoid the cliches if you can.
Morbius, are you bored?

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Morbius wrote:

...unless...
Unless what? If it turns out E is scamming this place I swear I will get on a plane (I have his address) and tape his naked ass to the ceiling of his living room and let his mom find him and figure out how slowly (or not) to remove the tape to let him down! I don't fly anymore but I'm pretty confident it won't come down to me having to. So sorry, got sidetracked, unless what?
Morbius, are you bored?

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:34 pm

OK, I am trying to get a visual on this...

If you tape him butt to the ceiling you should be OK, but if his face is to the ceiling he would technically be on his back and that would be worse for his sleep apnea...

Could you clarify...?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:03 pm

postitnote wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
Morbius wrote:

...unless...

Why do you think it is ok for you to be mean to E? I'm just curious. You want me to be nice to people who bully him but it's ok for you to treat him like shit? Explain the logic and try to avoid the cliches if you can.
I gave him serious consideration in the 1st page, but the more he posted and interacted with all of you, it became clear to me he was manipulating you all, and I'll give him credit, he played a good game, but then it was easy.

He played you all like a violin. He did have the high ground. Jim
Last edited by Goofproof on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:08 pm

postitnote wrote:Unless what?
Y'know when I said he's a meth head? I'll bet you thought I was kidding!

Look at this boy's sleep habits. He's here online till 5 AM and the one shred of objective evidence shows inability to sleep at night. However, it is at least implied that an effective block of sleep occurs in the day AM. So why should a ~30 year old have that degree of DSPS? Then look at the near-obsession with physical exercise. One would think that a ~30 year old doing that much exercise would have a resting heart rate in the 40's. However, his average during sleep is 59.4, with the graph (which includes a great deal of wake) showing consistent heart rate in the 70's.

So OK, it ain't meth, but "IMHO" the inability to sleep and higher than expected HR could most easily be explained by pharmaceuticals. But without a urine drug screen, all there is are WAGs-- Coke, PEDs, fistfulls of 5 Hour Energy Drink, pseudophed, caffeine...

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:09 pm

HoseCrusher wrote:OK, I am trying to get a visual on this...

If you tape him butt to the ceiling you should be OK, but if his face is to the ceiling he would technically be on his back and that would be worse for his sleep apnea...

Could you clarify...?
You are correct HoseCrusher, only if E is legit as I think he is. However, if he was scamming this forum then he doesn't have SA so it would not matter if he was on his back or not. Not sure if I could tape anyone face or butt up without scaffolding either. I'm sure I could tape him to a wall though!

Disclaimer: Do not google naked and duct taped to a wall and then click on images because it comes up with some really unusual images. Might not be safe for people with pacemakers and such. Morbius would be fine though
Morbius, are you bored?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Morbius wrote:One would think that a ~30 year old doing that much exercise would have a resting heart rate in the 40's. However, his average during sleep is 59.4, with the graph (which includes a great deal of wake) showing consistent heart rate in the 70's.
Of course, another explanation could be that he is nowhere near the level of conditioning he claims to be in.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Morbius wrote:
Morbius wrote:One would think that a ~30 year old doing that much exercise would have a resting heart rate in the 40's. However, his average during sleep is 59.4, with the graph (which includes a great deal of wake) showing consistent heart rate in the 70's.
Of course, another explanation could be that he is nowhere near the level of conditioning he claims to be in.
You're out east? So when you see him post at 5am is that his time or your time? Hey, aren't you up posting then too?
Morbius, are you bored?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:26 pm

postitnote wrote:You're out east? So when you see him post at 5am is that his time or your time? Hey, aren't you up posting then too?
Enchanter wrote:So for me sleep happens when my brain can't take being awake any longer and it doesn't happen until about 4-5 am usually or later.
Anyway, I'm an ASPS, not a DSPS.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Morbius wrote:
postitnote wrote:You're out east? So when you see him post at 5am is that his time or your time? Hey, aren't you up posting then too?
Enchanter wrote:So for me sleep happens when my brain can't take being awake any longer and it doesn't happen until about 4-5 am usually or later.
Anyway, I'm an ASPS, not a DSPS.
I just like my bed a lot so I sleep normal hours and through the night.
Morbius, are you bored?

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:56 pm

PR is finally figuring out how to get less annoying. Take notes Marsha, Marsha...SonnyBoy/LaZona

And I was hoping to make it to your signature
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:18 pm

grayghost4 wrote:PR is finally figuring out how to get less annoying. Take notes Marsha, Marsha...SonnyBoy/LaZona

I had to edit the sig thing since I wasn't sure if the older folks would know the Marsha, Marsha, Marsha reference

When you get crabby you tend to be justified in doing so...mostly anyway. You've always been really helpful to people trying to figure out how to tweak their numbers. You don't preach a lot. So overall you're a nice guy.
Morbius, are you bored?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 pm

postitnote wrote:
grayghost4 wrote:PR is finally figuring out how to get less annoying. Take notes Marsha, Marsha...SonnyBoy/LaZona

I had to edit the sig thing since I wasn't sure if the older folks would know the Marsha, Marsha, Marsha reference

When you get crabby you tend to be justified in doing so...mostly anyway. You've always been really helpful to people trying to figure out how to tweak their numbers. You don't preach a lot. So overall you're a nice guy.
Please note PINHEAD is showing she has a low opinion of "older folks". She has made a couple of negative remarks now about older forum members. I guess this is why I am in her signature line, I'm a senior citizen. Maybe I will report her to Adult Protective Services. Not nice to abuse the elderly PINHEAD. PINHEAD seems to be forgetting that she is only a few years off herself and what goes around comes around.