marriage and CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: marriage and CPAP machine

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:31 pm

MarshaJ wrote:Married long term. Husband just diagnosed with apnea and the machine repulses me. It makes noise and he looks hideous. I am thinking of divorce. Anyone learned how to still feel atttacted to someone in this get up? I really can't stand the thought.[/color

AND.......now to respond to this dim-witted idiot.........

Marsh, Marsha, Marsha.........
Get a friggin' life you pinhead!
Did your marriage vows say "in sickness and in health"......."till death do us part"?
You're obviously an extremely shallow, self-centered person.
If his sleep apnea hadn't been diagnosed and treated, over time you'd be watching him having heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, and other health issues of varying degrees of seriousness. AND........You may have had to be changing his diapers, feeding him, bathing him, and other personal care tasks. Hopefully, he's been diagnosed soon enough to prevent some of those.

He doesn't deserve a bitch like you. You're pathetic! I can't imagine what you'd be saying if he had prosthetics from serious injuries.

You have a nice day, too.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Sonnyboy wrote:Quite frankly I do not know what is going on.

I did not submit the La Zona post.
I am Sonnyboy and like it or not I am female.

Why is it so disturbing to some forum members that I borrowed my cat's name to use as my username????
Is it really that unusual?
Many forum members have used their pets picture as their avatar. No one is accusing them of doubling as a dog or a cat.

Perhaps one of the more knowledgable computer forum members can explain how a poster succeeded in adding my username below their username.

Thank you
Completely understandable, Sonnyboy. This has happened many times in the past and particularly for posters who use a common ISP like AOL. AOL was infamous for long lists of names of their users when anonymous posts were made.

So, to those who are jumping the gun and trying to point fingers at "Sonnyboy"......I say.......BACK OFF and SHUT UP until you know whether your accusations are valid. I personally don't think they are. I've seen it happen too many times before.

Have a nice day!

Den

Thanks Den,

I appreciate your support.

By the way, a number of months ago you suggested I change my pressure to a straight "10".
My AHI this morning was .21 and consistently stays low like this. I can honestly say I feel better. Thank you so much for your help.

My fancy sleep neurologist did not approve and instructed me to never change my pressure again. She even made a notation in my chart negating my behavior. The doctor would not even have known if her unlicensed assistant had not looked at my SD card and written her a note. She is no longer my sleep doctor.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:49 pm

I just received a private message advising me:

The forum software says you did, but someone may have spoofed your IP address.
Best advice: close down anything private or financial just to CYA.

Is this really necessary??????

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:49 pm

This is a common function and makes assumptions

All the forum is doing is saying someone using the same IP also posted as... when a guest (non-registered user) posts a message. Most forums don't have this on since most forums never allow a non-registered poster to post.

If the users are using a service or ISP which acts as a proxy, all the users using that service will have the same IP or a block of IP's and "look" like they are the same when they really aren't. Another very common area this happens on is mobile users, who share a few IP's for a whole area to reduce IP's allocated by their wireless carriers.

Example, at work, all 1200 users in an office share the same proxy and all use the same IP on the Internet. It is why blocking an IP because for misuse many times back fires since it hits unintended users. It is also why people going after copyright violators based only on an IP many times miss the mark.

Not sure what ISP Sonnyboy uses or how they post, but it is most likely doing the same.

And the conspiracy nuts go on and on not really understanding what it is and how it really works.
Last edited by Krelvin on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:50 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:It is possible for individuals with the right knowledge to spoof IP addresses, and even phone numbers.
If this is the case, sonnyboy is fortunate the spoofer is only being mischievous,
rather than some other unsavory practice. Seems like a lot of work, though for a "funny".
In some cases, those things can be "spoofed", but in this one I would vote "No". Somebody was posting anonymously (for obvious reasons) but is probably using an ISP like the others listed. If "Sonnyboy" will tell us which ISP he's using, then maybe it will be apparent. Although we also don't know much about the other poster ("La Zona"), I looked at her (?) past posts and that one doesn't strike me as being a suspect either.

Whoever "MarshaJ" is........that's just a very sad case.
We've had quite a few other spouses (usually women) over the years who are "offended", for whatever reasons.......about their partner's therapy. For those of us (and our spouses) who DO accept this therapy, it really drives us crazy when we encounter some of those who don't.........and especially when they have the nerve to make it verbal like this one.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:53 pm

I suspect that "MarshaJ" is a hoax intended to stir the pot and did quite well... trolls are good at their craft.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:I just received a private message advising me:

I would say "No" to that, too. It's just one of those quirky things about this forum, posting anonymously and ISPs.

Also.......glad to hear your therapy is doing well.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:I just received a private message advising me:

I would only be concerned if you have a static IP and someone else is using it (or spoofing it). If you are using a public service or wireless (Cellular) network, or using a public hotspot, you just got unlucky.

If you are using financial services with your Internet and don't have 2 factor authentication, different passwords for every website etc... then you need to look into how to do so securely.
Kevin... alias Krelvin

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Krelvin wrote:I suspect that "MarshaJ" is a hoax intended to stir the pot and did quite well... trolls are good at their craft.

I agree!

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:40 pm

LSAT wrote:
Krelvin wrote:I suspect that "MarshaJ" is a hoax intended to stir the pot and did quite well... trolls are good at their craft.

I agree!
Thanks everyone for your help.

I agree too!

Trolls are pathetic people and need to get a life!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:53 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:It is possible for individuals with the right knowledge to spoof IP addresses, and even phone numbers.
If this is the case, sonnyboy is fortunate the spoofer is only being mischievous,
rather than some other unsavory practice. Seems like a lot of work, though for a "funny".
if sonnyboy is using a phone to post, or has used it, or a tablet, then with the whole dynamic ip thing, it's quite possible someone else could get an IP that she's had.

given that north america has run out of allocatable IPV4 addresses, there's going to be more and more sharing of IPs as time goes on, and fewer static IPs available for individuals, especially as more an more people get tablets and phones connected to a wireless carrier which only has so many IPs to go around for their customers.

check your ip on your phone for a while, you'll likely see it changes.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Troll or not, if true, he will be a lucky man to get away from this loser. Life is too short to spend with anyone like her, she can find some other man to screw with. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:58 pm

I don't buy it for a minute! How many people did you accuse me of being again?

Morbius, are you bored?

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:02 pm

palerider wrote:
if sonnyboy is using a phone to post, or has used it, or a tablet, then with the whole dynamic ip thing, it's quite possible someone else could get an IP that she's had.

given that north america has run out of allocatable IPV4 addresses, there's going to be more and more sharing of IPs as time goes on, and fewer static IPs available for individuals, especially as more an more people get tablets and phones connected to a wireless carrier which only has so many IPs to go around for their customers.

check your ip on your phone for a while, you'll likely see it changes.
And also been people who have posted here? What would the odds of that be?
Morbius, are you bored?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:30 pm

postitnote wrote:I don't buy it for a minute! How many people did you accuse me of being again?

Postitnote,

You are a bully!
You shift from sticky sweet to obnoxious to bully behavior.
Your posts like this one and many others of yours are poison to the forum.
Once again Postitnote, I am asking you specifically to stop.
Enough is enough.

Den, Krelvin, and Palerider have explained how this can happen.
You think you are smarter than they are. I seriously doubt it.