[Poll] and Seeking advice on Swift FX and AirFit P10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Which nasal pillow mask do you use? These are the top 9 from cpap.com.

Swift FX
16%
AirFit P10
67%
GoLife
No votes
Breeze SleepGear
No votes
Nuance & Nuance Pro
5%
TAP PAP
1%
Opus 360
No votes
Mirage Swift
No votes
Aloha Nasal
3%
I use a mask not listed above - add in reply
7%

Total votes: 73

yaconsult

Re: [Poll] and Seeking advice on Swift FX and AirFit P10

Post by yaconsult » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:21 pm

While I like the arrangement of the hose going over top of the head - which the breeze did too, the P10 has been fine with my $12 hose hanger from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/North-American-He ... 0034CHMRU/

By using this, I can turn from side to side and there is no pulling on the hose since I have the hanger at the head of the bed.

The swift was too flexible for me under the nose so that when I turned, it would affect the seal.

PEF

Post by PEF » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:31 am

I am new just getting started. I cannot return or try on any masks because of the country that I currently live in. (retired US citizen living in Panama). I ordered probably the worst possible mask for my shaped face and the small size of my head (before finding this forum), the Sleepweaver ANEW. This mask made me afraid to order any other FFM.

Since I really don´t have much trouble keeping my mouth closed, I decided to go with a pillow mask. I was agonizing over whether to get the P10 or the Swift FX. I considered starting a post asking about these 2 mask, but because I have bad symptoms of UARS and need a usable mask ASAP, I just went ahead and ordered the P10. I am so happy that, judging from these posts on the pros and cons of each, I HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR ME!! I hope this works, I should have it soon. Thank-you everyone!

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:15 pm

PEF wrote:I am new just getting started. I cannot return or try on any masks because of the country that I currently live in. (retired US citizen living in Panama). I ordered probably the worst possible mask for my shaped face and the small size of my head (before finding this forum), the Sleepweaver ANEW. This mask made me afraid to order any other FFM.

Since I really don´t have much trouble keeping my mouth closed, I decided to go with a pillow mask. I was agonizing over whether to get the P10 or the Swift FX. I considered starting a post asking about these 2 mask, but because I have bad symptoms of UARS and need a usable mask ASAP, I just went ahead and ordered the P10. I am so happy that, judging from these posts on the pros and cons of each, I HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR ME!! I hope this works, I should have it soon. Thank-you everyone!
I hope that it works out for you! Do you have any friends or family still in the U.S. that could forward masks to you in Panama? If so, this would allow you to take advantage of the wonderful free return insurance offered by cpap.com.

Unfortunately, none of us can tell which masks will work best for our face, until we try them.

Papit

Post by Papit » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:28 am

Right now I'm using the AirFit P10 pillows with the Swift FX head gear. I prefer the adjustability of the FX headgear.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:32 am

Just bought the P10 (on sale) and its a interesting mask and its giving the my Swift FX a run for its money.
Getting good results so far but time will tell, they are on sale at the moment and if your budget is strong this might be the time to experiment.
I do like the fit to the nose, I think I can manage the stationary hose also.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:47 am

And if my leaks get too high, I swap to a clean headgear.
(I wash 2 or 3 at a time)

IDontSnoreISwear

Post by IDontSnoreISwear » Fri May 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Swift FX: Used for several months. Not uncomfortable on the nose, but the headgear cut right across the bottom of my ear. Ouch. Also, the breeze coming out the vent holes in front was like a typhoon across my pillow.

AirfitP10: Used a week or two. Not as comfortable as the Swift FX on the nose, but really lightweight! Didn't like the flimsiness of the strap and inability to adjust. Pillows seemed to come dislodged too easily when I rolled over. Also I think due to my pressures (13-18) the pillows wore out really quickly.

After this experiment, I went to the Mirage FX Nasal Mask. The headgear is a lot of hardware but fits well and doesn't leak, even when I sleep on my side.

ClarkK

Post by ClarkK » Sat May 21, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm currently a mostly happy P10 user.

I used the Nuance Pro for my first 6 months and loved how comfortable the gel pillow was against my nostrils. However, I was able to get a P10 at a discount and started experimenting with that -- and have now used it longer than the Nuance. I miss the soft comfort of the Nuance Pro nasal pillow -- and I also miss the swivel at the nose. However, the P10 simply stays in place which is better for me -- and comfort became less of an issue after I became use to the P10's pillow. I think my perfect Mask would be the Nuance pillow and swivel at the nose, with the P10 headgear.

I'm curious about the DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask -- however, am reluctant to try it as I can't imagine it would stay on without leaks. I'll probably try it eventually.

"Take it as it comes, specialize in having fun"
-- Jim Morrison

kempo

Post by kempo » Sun May 22, 2016 6:35 pm

IDontSnoreISwear wrote:Swift FX: Used for several months. Not uncomfortable on the nose, but the headgear cut right across the bottom of my ear. Ouch. Also, the breeze coming out the vent holes in front was like a typhoon across my pillow.

AirfitP10: Used a week or two. Not as comfortable as the Swift FX on the nose, but really lightweight! Didn't like the flimsiness of the strap and inability to adjust. Pillows seemed to come dislodged too easily when I rolled over. Also I think due to my pressures (13-18) the pillows wore out really quickly.

After this experiment, I went to the Mirage FX Nasal Mask. The headgear is a lot of hardware but fits well and doesn't leak, even when I sleep on my side.

I don't understand how the Swift FX headgear could cut across the bottom of your ear. It's suppose to go over the top of your ear.

CocoPazzo

Post by CocoPazzo » Sat May 28, 2016 7:36 pm

I've used both Swift FX & the Air Fit P10 headgear with nasal pillows and want to say that to my mind the Air Fit P10's headgear is very poorly designed (not the pillows, which are fine). To begin with, the Air Fit P10 is NOT adjustable, so One Size Fits All. But it doesn't.
Also, the neoprene loses its tension/elasticity within two to three months, so you need to purchase a new headgear...if your insurance permits.
The FX also loses tension after a while, but since this headgear can be adjusted, you can tighten it and extend its usefulness for a few more weeks.
To my mind, Res Med should either come up with an adjustable version of the Air Fit P10.2 or admit that this version is either very poorly researched and not tested, or Corporate Planned Obsolescence, allowing them to sell more.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat May 28, 2016 7:51 pm

CocoPazzo wrote: To my mind, Res Med should either come up with an adjustable version of the Air Fit P10.2 or admit that this version is either very poorly researched and not tested, or Corporate Planned Obsolescence, allowing them to sell more.
Well, except that 66% of the total responses are from people using the P10. So while the P10 may not work for everyone, it works for a lot of people. I don't think that you're going to see ResMed saying that they screwed up on this one *smile*.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Sun May 29, 2016 12:44 pm

CocoPazzo wrote:I've used both Swift FX & the Air Fit P10 headgear with nasal pillows and want to say that to my mind the Air Fit P10's headgear is very poorly designed (not the pillows, which are fine). To begin with, the Air Fit P10 is NOT adjustable, so One Size Fits All. But it doesn't.
Also, the neoprene loses its tension/elasticity within two to three months, so you need to purchase a new headgear...if your insurance permits.
The FX also loses tension after a while, but since this headgear can be adjusted, you can tighten it and extend its usefulness for a few more weeks.
To my mind, Res Med should either come up with an adjustable version of the Air Fit P10.2 or admit that this version is either very poorly researched and not tested, or Corporate Planned Obsolescence, allowing them to sell more.
I have been using the same headgear on my P10 for a year now and it still works just fine. However, I am careful to stretch the headgear as little as possible - I put the pillows in my nose and slide the straps over the top of my head very gently. If the straps get loose, I take them off the headgear and wash them in hot water - see the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j6YkYuqqk0. I think I have done this once in the last year. People have also modified the strap to include a velcro cable tie to make it adjustable.

No single mask is the best for everyone but the AirFit P10 is the top seller on cpap.com for a reason. I hope you are able to find something that works well for YOU.