Too much pressure?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Noctuary

Re: Too much pressure?

Post by Noctuary » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:03 pm

I shouldn't have necessarily called it organic... but it is well known that psychological problems can definitely impact you physically, in very real ways, and depression, chronic or not, certainly does. With you it may be a chicken/egg problem, but if your doctors haven't found an answer (can't remember at all now - it's been quite a while - who you've seen apart from sleep docs) I'm not sure what to say... have you given psychology/psychiatry a fair chance at making you feel better? That's not to say you don't have some component of apnea, but if you felt much better otherwise, it might not be having the huge impact it is now.
I'm willing to give psych a try. I sent an email to a place, but they are booked right now. I'll try another; if anything maybe some meds with oomph can be prescribed.

What happens if you refuse overtime btw?
They will bid me adieu.

Something else I didn't mention that I've noticed; I seem to be affected by the heat much less than others. Last night a lady I work with noted that while she was sweating, I wasn't. Plus in the office I work in the AC to me is freezing. I've become cold natured, it seems.

Mask: Flexifit 407

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:19 pm

I had a hostile boss for several years. It definitely influenced my health and my attitude.
After he left, I was so much better off.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:12 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I had a hostile boss for several years. It definitely influenced my health and my attitude.
After he left, I was so much better off.
My bosses are cool; but this place seems to take what works and do the opposite just because.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Noct, it's the medications that you take. If you start with a shrink he/she will double those.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:29 pm

avi123 wrote:Noct, it's the medications that you take. If you start with a shrink he/she will double those.
I only take Temazepam for sleep. Everything is is vitamins and supplements.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Don't know if it's come up or not, but your mentioning temperature could be a huge flag for thyroid problems, many of which look like OSA at times.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Julie wrote:Don't know if it's come up or not, but your mentioning temperature could be a huge flag for thyroid problems, many of which look like OSA at times.
I don't think it has come up; its definitely something I've noticed this year. Lately too its been very uncomfortable standing for awhile; my ankles and feet hurt. Its really bad tonight.

poppi2

Too much pressure?

Post by poppi2 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Noctuary wrote:
Julie wrote:Don't EVER delete one of my notes again! I WILL let Carolyn know if you do.
I deleted MY note; I thought I came across as rude.
Don't forget you can edit your own posts, and replace the content with a period, for example.
Be aware that users of the phone app TapaTalk see all posts, even the deleted ones.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:48 pm

I will call my doctor Monday so I can inquire about my thyroid. I'll also try to get an appointment with a psychiatrist to try do get some medication, something to make me feel detached from things.

But I still don't get it. If I take a test and it shows I have whatever degree of sleep apnea, as indicated by AHI, then altering that AHI should make me feel good. And yet most days I feel bad. Since I lost 13 lbs, my AHIs have been consistently under one. But I either now wake up and can't go back to sleep, or like last night I sleep almost nine hours and feel unrefreshed.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Your AHI looks great because you have almost no obstructive events... but that's because you have almost no obstructive events and almost all are centrals! Your machine doesn't register those so doesn't address them and you need a different machine, which I will let others tell you about (don't know enough myself). Not a good situation however... but try to stay away from any psych meds now - you need your wits to make changes in therapy here... not anything to detach you!

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:11 pm

The problem is with your assumption.

Reducing the AHI will give you better sleep.

Whether or not you feel better depends upon what is causing you to feel bad in the first place. If unrestfull sleep was the cause, then your assumption is correct. If it is something else, then you need to keep looking.

However, isn't it wonderful that you can cross one item off the list and enjoy the fact that your sleep has improved...?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Julie wrote:Your AHI looks great because you have almost no obstructive events... but that's because you have almost no obstructive events and almost all are centrals! Your machine doesn't register those so doesn't address them and you need a different machine, which I will let others tell you about (don't know enough myself). Not a good situation however... but try to stay away from any psych meds now - you need your wits to make changes in therapy here... not anything to detach you!

The S9 Autoset he has now does indeed flag centrals but 1 or 2 centrals over the entire night is a long way from needing a different machine. Where do you see centrals of the magnitude to earn one of those high dollar machines? The pie chart maybe? The pie chart doesn't mean anything. It's a whole pie of centrals but only 1 or 2 for the entire night.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Have I again misunderstood - that much? How can the chart show only centrals and yet they represent only 1-2 centrals? Where are they on the rest of the chart - I DO want to understand this thing!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Julie wrote:Your machine doesn't register those so doesn't address them and you need a different machine, which I will let others tell you about (don't know enough myself).
the resmed s9 autoset certainly DOES register centrals, otherwise, there'd be no centrals reported.

it registered *one*, for an ahi of 0.12.

however, you're right in that the autoset does not TREAT centrals... though one central in a night, well, ...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Julie wrote:Have I again misunderstood - that much? How can the chart show only centrals and yet they represent only 1-2 centrals? Where are they on the rest of the chart - I DO want to understand this thing!
you mean the pie chart, which shows 100% centrals?

1 central out of 1 total events is 100%.

the pie chart just shows the relative amount of events, not the count of them. to find how many, you need to look at the individual lines above, which will show you the ahi of that particular component.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.