Benedryl to sleep. First night of complete sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: Benedryl to sleep. First night of complete sleep

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:52 pm

palerider wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:I am out of this thread, had my say.
he came, he shat, he left.

if only he'd just skip right to the desired end result.
And he forgot to flush and put the seat back down!

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Let's suppose you wear your fitbit on your wrist. The fitbit will measure the movement of that arm during sleeping. The idea is that if you don't move your arm very much you are sleeping.

There is no direct relationship between arm movement and AHI that I know of.

It is an interesting concept but the best use is to simply track a trend. If you "normally" are getting 4 hours of sleep according to your fitbit and suddenly you feel like crap and check to find that now the fitbit is only showing 2 hours of sleep, you need to look further to figure out why.

Corky1121

Post by Corky1121 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:46 pm

I would never take benedryl every night. I only take it when I'm away and can't get to sleep. At home I am fine. I also adapted to Therapy from get go. I have no issues at all. I was wondering about the fitbit sleep chart when I woke up today after using benedryl while away. It showed full nine hours sleep. Then After I posted wondering of it was the benedryl, the fitbit changed my chart to mostly restless with two hours total sleep. So I have realized that fitbit sleep analysis must be either wrong as far as quality of sleep.

But I agree any medication can have side effects and be addictive. I don't even.like Motrin or other meds. But as needed, I do partake.

And i am fine with the therapy. 100% compliant. AHI 1.7 no leaks last night
Diagnosed after home study with 37 obstructive Apneas. Indexed at 22 Per hour. Moderate Apnea. Have suffered migraines and waking up stiff and tired and at times with muscle spasms.