tedburnsIII is attempting to discourage new members

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

Re: tedburnsIII is attempting to discourage new members

Post by 49er » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:33 am

Sonnyboy wrote:
49er wrote:Interestingly, the posts Julie and I wrote in response to his have disappeared. Could have been a total coincidence so I just sent a PM to Carolyn asking her to investigate.
I don't delete posts but I admit I was hoping Carolyn would come along and delete it.

Interestingly Ted edited his own post last night at 11:34 so now his post is specifically addressed to the poster above his post ---- better, but not great.

Take a look at how Chunkyfrog responded--welcoming, informative, useful, positive which is the way to respond to new members just getting started and submitting their first post.
Sonnyboy,

My apologies as I in no way meant to infer that anyone deleted the posts. I experienced a previous situation where I was sure someone had deleted something I wrote and it turned out not to be the case. So I definitely realize that I need to be careful in making premature conclusions even though my post may have come across that way for which I again apologize.

yaconsult

Re: tedburnsIII is attempting to discourage new members

Post by yaconsult » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Ted has been busy making an impression over on the moderated board...

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... #pid120135
From the day you came on this forum you have insisted that everyone is titrated to a single optimal pressure, and posted your chart and a reference to a titration guideline. I think in time, you'll learn that is a grossly over-simplified viewpoint, and there are many different forms of sleep disordered breathing, and many individual permutations of response to therapy that actually occur. Thus while some use a simple CPAP with great results, others respond better to APAP, or Bilevel or even ASV and S/T machines according to their needs. The identification of a pressure that relieves OA is just the first part of a titration that may go on to evaluate H and CA and even RERA. These latter events are not even visible to you as a user of a Resmart machine, and yet they can have a profound effect on sleep quality in some people.

The proselytizing of a single optimal pressure during titration is getting really old, Ted.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... #pid120038
RE: Split Sleep Study - the glass is half full
I sedated myself for the night. That is the all but fully 'guaranteed' way to have a pleasant experience that you will pass with flying colors and without aggravation. So, I tossed aside any 'macho' BS about enduring the study without meds. I 'ain't' no masochist. I wanted results, got it all done in a split-night study, did not want to risk that my study would not be sufficient and have to return again.

One must sleep, preferably in REM and supine, to have an excellent study and titration.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 04:40 PM by tedburnsIII.)