Here are my Sleep Test Numbers (Titration)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoocrewphoto

Re: Here are my Sleep Test Numbers (Titration)

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:26 am

Enchanter wrote: Tech said in the diagnosis I was pretty severe. But I'll call the lab tomorrow and ask why the hell they didn't send it to the doctors. You know what? I think I remember the guy saying that because it was so incomplete, he didn't even send it. So I'll call them and see.

If the tech said you were severe, then why do you keep asking if you might not have sleep apnea?

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:27 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Enchanter wrote: Tech said in the diagnosis I was pretty severe. But I'll call the lab tomorrow and ask why the hell they didn't send it to the doctors. You know what? I think I remember the guy saying that because it was so incomplete, he didn't even send it. So I'll call them and see.

If the tech said you were severe, then why do you keep asking if you might not have sleep apnea?

He recently said THAT part. I guess the whole process has been so rough that maybe it would be better if I didn't have it and they found something else to work with.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 am

You have it. Now it's just a matter of figuring out exactly which version and finding the right settings. This is doable.

And people - let's stop bugging him for reports - he was told it'll take as long as it takes (7-10 days) to get the final one, so let's give the benefit of the doubt. How your own lab handled things is not relevant... he went to the lab he went to and it seems to me he's trying his best to get it together and provide whatever info he can at the moment. Let up here for a minute.

E. You're doing great with what you have... it may not be perfect, not enough, and you won't be getting exactly the perfect therapy yet, but that's coming soon and we'll continue to help as it comes. Please don't be upset by some of the self righteous know it alls here... they're just frustrated too with wanting to help but not having enough to go on. You're doing great!

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 am

palerider wrote:I imagine that morbius might be less polite than I am, though, now that I've said that, he'll probably go easy on you, just to be funny.
Well now that you said THAT, I can do neither.

Almost 2 months ago I said you can't expect valid results on an NPSG if you're doing it in a time period that the patient does not sleep. They even terminated it at 5 AM (E. bedtime). Consequently, those results are EXACTLY as expected.

I believe a full-boat PSG during normal sleep hours is essential to look for other sleep issues.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105592&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=dsps

That said, those brief sleep periods appear to show evidence of SDB.

THAT said, all the events could have a central flavor. And they are already up to 9 cmH2O before any semblance of sustained sleep appears.

And if there is CompSAS, more pressure is worse.

Wait for the valid(er) study.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:54 am

BleepingBeauty wrote:
Enchanter wrote:Patient's split night study failed on 4/25/15.

Physical Interpretation: Unsuccessful overnight polysomnogram with markedly low sleep efficiency with the need for a repeat study with sedation

This patient with signs and symptoms consistent with the diagnosis of sleep apnea would benefit from a full overnight polysomnogram with the use of sedation. As such the patient should be sedated approximately 15 to 30 mg of Restoril on the next attempt of his study. He would also benefit from a mask desensitization prior to the study.

CPAP pressure of 8,9, 10, 11, and 12 cmh20 were tested. Complex apnea was noted during titration.
If the interpretation of the study done in April suggested another study WITH SEDATION, why all the hand-wringing over whether or not to take a sleep aid? Several people here suggested that you do just that, but you never seem to listen to anyone. Why, exactly, are you here on the forum? You ask a million questions, and the answers that are offered are repeatedly ignored by you.

COMPLEX APNEA probably indicates that you'll need a more sophisticated machine than the one you had donated to you, but USING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN USING NOTHING. Use the damned machine, FFS.

MASK DESENSITIZATION could very easily have been accomplished before your most recent study. Many posters here encouraged you to wear the mask and use the machine during the day, while relaxed in front of the tv or while reading, so you could get used to it. But that never happened.

You've been on this forum for almost three months now and haven't gotten very far. Have you bothered to read ANYthing in the archives? There are many thousands of posts and tons of information to be gleaned for whatever issue you have around apnea and its treatment. Do you think you're the ONLY one who's ever had a problem? (Clue: You're not that kind of special.) The key to solving an issue is to LEARN about the solution and TAKE THE ADVICE THAT'S GIVEN.

You seem content to wallow in whatever problem you're experiencing and seek sympathy for it. Thus far, you have some people here (way too many, if you ask me) wrapped up in this fruitless drama you bring to the forum, itching to help you and prove (to those of us who [oh, the horror!] question you) that you really ARE this helpless and anxious and needy.

You've proven several times over that you would rather complain or make excuses for everything you AREN'T doing for yourself. So, knock yourself out with the whining about how everyone and everything's against you, the doctor wouldn't prescribe you a sleep aid, the lab sucks and the personnel there are incompetent, they won't give you your reports, you can't make an appointment to see the doctor yet (and on and on and on). And keep sabotaging yourself, too (you took apart the assembled mask you were given and then couldn't put it back together properly for days on end, once again delaying any progress you could have made).

"The sky is falling! Oh, woe is me!" Cry me a river...

Originally, I thought your screen name was a play on the word "enchanting" but I was wrong.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enchanting

The definition of "enchanter" is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanter

Big difference there. Enchanter is a good screen name for you.
Out of that entire post, you quoted and responded to this part only:
Enchanter wrote:
BleepingBeauty wrote: If the interpretation of the study done in April suggested another study WITH SEDATION, why all the hand-wringing over whether or not to take a sleep aid? Several people here suggested that you do just that, but you never seem to listen to anyone. Why, exactly, are you here on the forum? You ask a million questions, and the answers that are offered are repeatedly ignored by you.

COMPLEX APNEA probably indicates that you'll need a more sophisticated machine than the one you had donated to you, but USING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN USING NOTHING. Use the damned machine, FFS.
You're wrong. I did take a sleep aid in my last test and the only reason I didn't take one in my 2nd was because the sleep aid came in the mail a day too late and the doctor didn't prescribe me one even though I asked multiple times. It did say that I needed a sleep aid, but I didn't know that until I got the reports. It doesn't matter because I did take the sleep aids as soon as I got them anyways.

When you say a more sophisticated machine, what do you mean?

The thing is I don't know why you get so worked up over me. It's like this. I am who I am and probably aren't going to cater to your standards for a long time, if not ever. It's not like I'm going to change overnight and you're just going to have to deal with it. I only care about getting results. All this other trivial stuff that goes on in this forum, like all this fighting, is very superfluous and uninteresting to me. But hey, if u wanna keep knocking me, go right on ahead. I can't change you either, so it goes both ways right? At the end of the day, I don't care if you waste your time. I do what I do, you do you.
Always with the excuses.

What about the rest of what I said to you? Did you do ANYthing to desensitize yourself to the mask so that your latest sleep study would go more easily? Lots of people here advised you to do that, but you blew it off. I'll say one thing for you: You're consistent. (Consistently unwilling to help yourself in any way.)

You want results, huh? They don't happen with magic; they happen because we do whatever it takes to MAKE them happen. Do you think it hurts me in any way if you don't "cater to (my) standards?" I couldn't care less. What you do (or don't, more accurately) doesn't affect me at all; it only annoys me (and others, I'm sure) because I'm a member of this forum who's being assaulted by your constant bullshit and refusal to take any responsibility for yourself.

Why do I (and others, most of whom I'm sure remain silent, as I did for a long time with you) get so worked up? Because you're wasting everyone's time, running in circles with your hair on fire, starting thread after thread with (unanswerable) questions that seek to find a way to permanently fix your apnea in some other way, and you gloss over and/or excuse YOUR OWN behavior in this mess. You said above, "I don't care if you waste your time." That says it all. People come to this forum for help in sorting it all out, and you've gotten a bigger share of that help than anyone I can recall in my six years here. But you don't listen. THAT'S why people get "worked up."

You also haven't done any research to find your own answers. There's plenty of wisdom and experience on this site, and you've been here for nearly three months now; you'll read YouTube comments (of all things), but you don't read anything that can actually help you that's posted right here?

You KNEW you needed something to help you sleep, but you moaned and groaned on here, worrying (in yet another long-assed thread) about taking one; you could've had the results of that sleep study from April in your hand (and posted here) since early May, long before your most recent test, BUT YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO OBTAIN IT before now. You said, "I've asked, and they won't give it to me." Countless people here told you you had a right to your study reports under the law, no matter what the results said; but no, you couldn't get them because everyone ELSE was being difficult. Right.

I don't know how many times you've posted, "It's not my fault!" No, it's never you. Blame everyone and everything else. Even the people here who have bent over backwards to help you have had their advice ignored. So who's zoomin' who here?

Again, I repeat: YOU'VE DONE NOTHING TO HELP YOURSELF. Nobody here (or elsewhere) can do it FOR you. It's as simple as that.

Oh, and as to the probable need for a more sophisticated machine? There's NFW I'm going down THAT road with you... Again, why aren't you using the machine you already have? (I wish that wasn't a rhetorical question.)
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:21 am

Get up on the wrong side of the bed today BB?

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 am

Julie wrote:Get up on the wrong side of the bed today BB?
Nope! Just tired of Enchanter's crap. (But thanks for asking. )

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 am

Morbius wrote:
palerider wrote:I imagine that morbius might be less polite than I am, though, now that I've said that, he'll probably go easy on you, just to be funny.
Well now that you said THAT, I can do neither.
in the immortal words... "But I never said that..."

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:07 am

BleepingBeauty wrote:<<<64 lines of stuff deleted>>>
Oh, and as to the probable need for a more sophisticated machine? There's NFW I'm going down THAT road with you... Again, why aren't you using the machine you already have? (I wish that wasn't a rhetorical question.)
you need to remember that e has the attention span of a gnat on crack.... no possible way he's going to be able to understand all that, maybe, with luck, the first paragraph... just like that's what he responded to earlier.

gotta keep the message short and digestible.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:18 am

palerider wrote:
you need to remember that e has the attention span of a gnat on crack.... no possible way he's going to be able to understand all that, maybe, with luck, the first paragraph... just like that's what he responded to earlier.

How about this, then: ENCHANTER, USE YOUR MACHINE!

Is that short and digestible enough? Will it make any difference?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 am

BleepingBeauty wrote:
palerider wrote:

How about this, then: ENCHANTER, USE YOUR MACHINE!

Is that short and digestible enough? Will it make any difference?
short enough, yes, difference, not on your life. he's too rebellious to take orders. needs more time in his sock.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 am

If his attention span is so short, how does he manage to post or ride a bike (maybe). Folks trying to help, you are the one's being taken for the ride, without a bike. Reading this post is like watching a train wreck, but we keep watching, because a train on it's side isn't blocking the crossings.

I have never seen so much time wasted for so little benefit. Some people put more effort in selecting a avatar than, reading or taking advice.

You can lead a horse to water,but you can't make him drink, or use a XPAP MACHINE. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:14 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:
BleepingBeauty wrote:
Enchanter wrote:Patient's split night study failed on 4/25/15.

Physical Interpretation: Unsuccessful overnight polysomnogram with markedly low sleep efficiency with the need for a repeat study with sedation

This patient with signs and symptoms consistent with the diagnosis of sleep apnea would benefit from a full overnight polysomnogram with the use of sedation. As such the patient should be sedated approximately 15 to 30 mg of Restoril on the next attempt of his study. He would also benefit from a mask desensitization prior to the study.

CPAP pressure of 8,9, 10, 11, and 12 cmh20 were tested. Complex apnea was noted during titration.
If the interpretation of the study done in April suggested another study WITH SEDATION, why all the hand-wringing over whether or not to take a sleep aid? Several people here suggested that you do just that, but you never seem to listen to anyone. Why, exactly, are you here on the forum? You ask a million questions, and the answers that are offered are repeatedly ignored by you.

MASK DESENSITIZATION could very easily have been accomplished before your most recent study. Many posters here encouraged you to wear the mask and use the machine during the day, while relaxed in front of the tv or while reading, so you could get used to it. But that never happened.

You've been on this forum for almost three months now and haven't gotten very far. Have you bothered to read ANYthing in the archives? There are many thousands of posts and tons of information to be gleaned for whatever issue you have around apnea and its treatment. Do you think you're the ONLY one who's ever had a problem? (Clue: You're not that kind of special.) The key to solving an issue is to LEARN about the solution and TAKE THE ADVICE THAT'S GIVEN.

You seem content to wallow in whatever problem you're experiencing and seek sympathy for it. Thus far, you have some people here (way too many, if you ask me) wrapped up in this fruitless drama you bring to the forum, itching to help you and prove (to those of us who [oh, the horror!] question you) that you really ARE this helpless and anxious and needy.

You've proven several times over that you would rather complain or make excuses for everything you AREN'T doing for yourself. So, knock yourself out with the whining about how everyone and everything's against you, the doctor wouldn't prescribe you a sleep aid, the lab sucks and the personnel there are incompetent, they won't give you your reports, you can't make an appointment to see the doctor yet (and on and on and on). And keep sabotaging yourself, too (you took apart the assembled mask you were given and then couldn't put it back together properly for days on end, once again delaying any progress you could have made).

"The sky is falling! Oh, woe is me!" Cry me a river...

Originally, I thought your screen name was a play on the word "enchanting" but I was wrong.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enchanting

The definition of "enchanter" is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanter

Big difference there. Enchanter is a good screen name for you.
Out of that entire post, you quoted and responded to this part only:
Enchanter wrote:
BleepingBeauty wrote: If the interpretation of the study done in April suggested another study WITH SEDATION, why all the hand-wringing over whether or not to take a sleep aid? Several people here suggested that you do just that, but you never seem to listen to anyone. Why, exactly, are you here on the forum? You ask a million questions, and the answers that are offered are repeatedly ignored by you.

You're wrong. I did take a sleep aid in my last test and the only reason I didn't take one in my 2nd was because the sleep aid came in the mail a day too late and the doctor didn't prescribe me one even though I asked multiple times. It did say that I needed a sleep aid, but I didn't know that until I got the reports. It doesn't matter because I did take the sleep aids as soon as I got them anyways.

When you say a more sophisticated machine, what do you mean?

The thing is I don't know why you get so worked up over me. It's like this. I am who I am and probably aren't going to cater to your standards for a long time, if not ever. It's not like I'm going to change overnight and you're just going to have to deal with it. I only care about getting results. All this other trivial stuff that goes on in this forum, like all this fighting, is very superfluous and uninteresting to me. But hey, if u wanna keep knocking me, go right on ahead. I can't change you either, so it goes both ways right? At the end of the day, I don't care if you waste your time. I do what I do, you do you.
Always with the excuses.

What about the rest of what I said to you? Did you do ANYthing to desensitize yourself to the mask so that your latest sleep study would go more easily? Lots of people here advised you to do that, but you blew it off. I'll say one thing for you: You're consistent. (Consistently unwilling to help yourself in any way.)

You want results, huh? They don't happen with magic; they happen because we do whatever it takes to MAKE them happen. Do you think it hurts me in any way if you don't "cater to (my) standards?" I couldn't care less. What you do (or don't, more accurately) doesn't affect me at all; it only annoys me (and others, I'm sure) because I'm a member of this forum who's being assaulted by your constant bullshit and refusal to take any responsibility for yourself.

Why do I (and others, most of whom I'm sure remain silent, as I did for a long time with you) get so worked up? Because you're wasting everyone's time, running in circles with your hair on fire, starting thread after thread with (unanswerable) questions that seek to find a way to permanently fix your apnea in some other way, and you gloss over and/or excuse YOUR OWN behavior in this mess. You said above, "I don't care if you waste your time." That says it all. People come to this forum for help in sorting it all out, and you've gotten a bigger share of that help than anyone I can recall in my six years here. But you don't listen. THAT'S why people get "worked up."

You also haven't done any research to find your own answers. There's plenty of wisdom and experience on this site, and you've been here for nearly three months now; you'll read YouTube comments (of all things), but you don't read anything that can actually help you that's posted right here?

You KNEW you needed something to help you sleep, but you moaned and groaned on here, worrying (in yet another long-assed thread) about taking one; you could've had the results of that sleep study from April in your hand (and posted here) since early May, long before your most recent test, BUT YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO OBTAIN IT before now. You said, "I've asked, and they won't give it to me." Countless people here told you you had a right to your study reports under the law, no matter what the results said; but no, you couldn't get them because everyone ELSE was being difficult. Right.

I don't know how many times you've posted, "It's not my fault!" No, it's never you. Blame everyone and everything else. Even the people here who have bent over backwards to help you have had their advice ignored. So who's zoomin' who here?

Again, I repeat: YOU'VE DONE NOTHING TO HELP YOURSELF. Nobody here (or elsewhere) can do it FOR you. It's as simple as that.

Listen I don't have time for you
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:47 pm

I just called the girl who works for the sleep lab in regards to attaining the other tests. She says she'll give me a call back today after speaking with the manager. Now the last test I took is still in progress.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Good luck honey!

And don't you guys have anything better to do than this if you're so smart?
Last edited by Julie on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.