Here are my Sleep Test Numbers (Titration)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoocrewphoto

Re: Here are my Sleep Test Numbers (Titration)

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 am

Enchanter wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:You need to go back to the doctor with one of your parents, and demand copies of all of the sleep studies. Not just a page summary, but the graphs that show your sleep cycles, body position, oxygen saturation, etc. There is so much more than the just the numbers. And even if they don't feel the results are useful, those graphs should exist, and you have a legal right to them.

Alright, I'm going to take pics of everything and just cross off my info. I just thought that some vital numbers would be enough for an interpretation. But at the end of the day, this isn't the main test. The 4th test I took was more complete because I slept.

Now you can have all the theories on how I can attain all the records, but the bottom line is that they don't do it right. What am I gonna do, sue them? Look if I call and they say no 100 times, what more can I do? I was talking to the assistant for like 5 minutes. It's not like anything is gonna change if I call back tomorrow and ask the same thing.

You do IN PERSON, with an advocate. You assert your legal right. Either they start working for you, or you file complaints, and you take legal action. Most will just give it to you once you insist. Since you are not getting anywhere, you need to have an advocate do it for you. That can be your mom or dad, or a legal person. Doesn't matter. But it has to be somebody who can be firm and get it done.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 am

Papit and PostitNote, Here are all the new updated pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133563138@N02/
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:03 am

Enchanter wrote:At the end of the day, I don't care if you waste your time. I do what I do, you do you.
but some of us care about the colossal waste of time that YOU are... wasting our time, by not learning anything at all.

put your mom on the phone.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:03 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Enchanter wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:You need to go back to the doctor with one of your parents, and demand copies of all of the sleep studies. Not just a page summary, but the graphs that show your sleep cycles, body position, oxygen saturation, etc. There is so much more than the just the numbers. And even if they don't feel the results are useful, those graphs should exist, and you have a legal right to them.

Alright, I'm going to take pics of everything and just cross off my info. I just thought that some vital numbers would be enough for an interpretation. But at the end of the day, this isn't the main test. The 4th test I took was more complete because I slept.

Now you can have all the theories on how I can attain all the records, but the bottom line is that they don't do it right. What am I gonna do, sue them? Look if I call and they say no 100 times, what more can I do? I was talking to the assistant for like 5 minutes. It's not like anything is gonna change if I call back tomorrow and ask the same thing.

You do IN PERSON, with an advocate. You assert your legal right. Either they start working for you, or you file complaints, and you take legal action. Most will just give it to you once you insist. Since you are not getting anywhere, you need to have an advocate do it for you. That can be your mom or dad, or a legal person. Doesn't matter. But it has to be somebody who can be firm and get it done.

Well what you don't understand is that even if I bring an advocate, they don't have the reports. At least the home study, I know they don't. Probably threw it away. Now the last test, the one I slept, they will have in the upcoming week or 2. That is the most important one, right?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:04 am

palerider wrote:
Enchanter wrote:At the end of the day, I don't care if you waste your time. I do what I do, you do you.
but some of us care about the colossal waste of time that YOU are... wasting our time, by not learning anything at all.

put your mom on the phone.

She doesn't have to respond to my thread though.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:05 am

My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:06 am

Enchanter wrote:Papit and PostitNote, Here are all the new updated pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133563138@N02/
hold the camera parallel to the paper, otherwise only part of the page will be in focus, and the part at the top will be tiny.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:10 am

Well what you don't understand is that even if I bring an advocate, they don't have the reports. At least the home study, I know they don't. Probably threw it away. Now the last test, the one I slept, they will have in the upcoming week or 2. That is the most important one, right?
Ah, but they do. And if they tell you they don't, they are jerking you around. An advocate who is firm would cut through all the BS.

And again, you and an advocate need to start calling about the last test in which you slept. You might have missed my previous message in which I stated I had the results in 2 days. As a result, they might have yours already.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:21 am

49er wrote:
Ah, but they do. And if they tell you they don't, they are jerking you around. An advocate who is firm would cut through all the BS.

And again, you and an advocate need to start calling about the last test in which you slept. You might have missed my previous message in which I stated I had the results in 2 days. As a result, they might have yours already.

49er, even with an advocate, what could they possibly say DIFFERENTLY? If it was that easy, they'd just give it to me.

No they said the last test will be at least another week. It typically takes 7 to 10 days. It will come for sure.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:32 am

Enchanter wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote: Well what you don't understand is that even if I bring an advocate, they don't have the reports. At least the home study, I know they don't. Probably threw it away. Now the last test, the one I slept, they will have in the upcoming week or 2. That is the most important one, right?

They can't just throw it away, and the first report is very important. They put you on a cpap machine that night. Why? Because of the data. And they have the report. Go back to the lab if you have to. Threaten to sue if you have to. But you have the legal right to those reports. They are jerking you around because they know they can. That is why you need an advocate.

Let's consider some examples. If a woman who doesn't know cars, takes her car in for repair, she is far more likely to be overcharged than a man. Somebody who doesn't know computers is more likely to get cheated and/or buy a bad computer than somebody who knows their stuff. Why? Because people tend to take advantage of those who can't advocate for themselves on the topic at hand. That is why I take my dad with me for car repairs, and he takes me with him for computer purchases.

The doctors know you are struggling with this, so they can make excuses and know you won't do anything about it. It may not be the lab at all. It could easily be them. You have already said the doctor refused to prescribe medicine and kept telling you it would mess up the test. Meanwhile, the lab tech disagreed, and the lap report recommended a sedative. So, it sounds like the doctor may be the one refusing to hand over the information.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:41 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Enchanter wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote: Well what you don't understand is that even if I bring an advocate, they don't have the reports. At least the home study, I know they don't. Probably threw it away. Now the last test, the one I slept, they will have in the upcoming week or 2. That is the most important one, right?

They can't just throw it away, and the first report is very important. They put you on a cpap machine that night. Why? Because of the data. And they have the report. Go back to the lab if you have to. Threaten to sue if you have to. But you have the legal right to those reports. They are jerking you around because they know they can. That is why you need an advocate.

Let's consider some examples. If a woman who doesn't know cars, takes her car in for repair, she is far more likely to be overcharged than a man. Somebody who doesn't know computers is more likely to get cheated and/or buy a bad computer than somebody who knows their stuff. Why? Because people tend to take advantage of those who can't advocate for themselves on the topic at hand. That is why I take my dad with me for car repairs, and he takes me with him for computer purchases.

The doctors know you are struggling with this, so they can make excuses and know you won't do anything about it. It may not be the lab at all. It could easily be them. You have already said the doctor refused to prescribe medicine and kept telling you it would mess up the test. Meanwhile, the lab tech disagreed, and the lap report recommended a sedative. So, it sounds like the doctor may be the one refusing to hand over the information.
Can you just start with the test I gave you? See, why don't we just work with what we have first? I did what I could and it wasn't enough. At least I got something to start from. Why would the doctor try to hide the test? Come on now.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:45 am

49er, even with an advocate, what could they possibly say DIFFERENTLY? If it was that easy, they'd just give it to me.

No they said the last test will be at least another week. It typically takes 7 to 10 days. It will come for sure.
Read Zoo Crew's excellent response above me in addition to reading what I am about to say.

An advocate would refuse to budge until getting the information that is owed you. Plain and simple.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:50 am

49er wrote:

Read Zoo Crew's excellent response above me in addition to reading what I am about to say.

An advocate would refuse to budge until getting the information that is owed you. Plain and simple.

I don't know anything about advocates... We have to be realistic. Now let's try to decipher my test. I have a test on here. People said they wanted me to post. I posted something! Let's decipher the numbers. And what's this about Complex Apnea being noted? What does that mean? Does that mean CPAP won't help me? It did say that I don't benefit from any pressures.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:18 am

Enchanter wrote: Can you just start with the test I gave you? See, why don't we just work with what we have first? I did what I could and it wasn't enough. At least I got something to start from. Why would the doctor try to hide the test? Come on now.
The results you have are just numbers with very little context.

We can't tell if you slept on your side or back most of the time. We can't see how the sleep is spaced out. For example, did you wake up every few minutes or sleep a full hour somewhere. We can't see if you frequent dips in your oxygen saturation or what.

And really, this was a titration study. How can we see if there is much improvement if we don't know what your untreated sleep looks like? For example, there is mention of complex sleep apnea and centrals. Were there centrals in the diagnosis study, or were they caused by the pressure? Is that why the ahi goes down at a pressure of 11, or was that positional? No way to know without context.

You are new to this, so you don't know what questions to be asking. There is so much more to the data than the summary numbers.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Enchanter wrote: Can you just start with the test I gave you? See, why don't we just work with what we have first? I did what I could and it wasn't enough. At least I got something to start from. Why would the doctor try to hide the test? Come on now.
The results you have are just numbers with very little context.

We can't tell if you slept on your side or back most of the time. We can't see how the sleep is spaced out. For example, did you wake up every few minutes or sleep a full hour somewhere. We can't see if you frequent dips in your oxygen saturation or what.

And really, this was a titration study. How can we see if there is much improvement if we don't know what your untreated sleep looks like? For example, there is mention of complex sleep apnea and centrals. Were there centrals in the diagnosis study, or were they caused by the pressure? Is that why the ahi goes down at a pressure of 11, or was that positional? No way to know without context.

You are new to this, so you don't know what questions to be asking. There is so much more to the data than the summary numbers.

Tech said in the diagnosis I was pretty severe. But I'll call the lab tomorrow and ask why the hell they didn't send it to the doctors. You know what? I think I remember the guy saying that because it was so incomplete, he didn't even send it. So I'll call them and see.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier