Dating and the CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Dating and the CPAP

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:43 pm

To each his or her own.
Just because I like vanilla doesn't mean it's for everybody!

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm

postitnote wrote: You don't need to mention your cpap from the get-go. It's not a kid at home they need to know about. You don't have to spend the entire night with the guy either. Kick his butt out the door and make him sleep in his own bed.
Yes or you can pretend you are a 1950's or 60's teenager and do it everywhere except in a bed at home. I don't recommend either a VW bug or an Austin Mini however and do watch out for the poison ivy.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

corvallisgrace75

Post by corvallisgrace75 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:04 pm

postitnote wrote:
corvallisgrace75 wrote:
LOL! I can see that this has the potential to turn kinky. LOL! I think after all of the game playing, it sounds like there wouldn't be much sleep anyway! But seriously. Are any of you from Southern California? The standards here are crazy. It's hard to think that good guys who are accepting and possibly into CPAP role playing exist in Los Angeles. If any of you are from cities where you think that guys are more open/playful/caring, let me know. Because I live in Los Angeles. I'm a stone's throw from Hollywood. And the people here are superficial as f*ck. I've heard that about a lot of big cities, though.
My husband and I were married 20 years when I was dx'd. He married me for better or worse as I did him. There are times I'd like to roll over and wrap the hose around his neck but then who would I play astronaut with?

I used to spend a lot of time in LA. It was a long time ago but even back then it was pretty high maintenance! Stay away from guys wearing more product than you are and that smell better You don't need to mention your cpap from the get-go. It's not a kid at home they need to know about. You don't have to spend the entire night with the guy either. Kick his butt out the door and make him sleep in his own bed.
Hahaha, I like your thinking, postitnote! See, I think that's the issue I have. You were already married for 20 years before you were diagnosed. I'm self conscious about bringing a new guy into the picture who might be like, "WTF?" Haha! I've lived in LA for almost 17 years. I stay far, FAR away from guys wearing more product than me and who smell better. I've met a lot of nice guys here. It's just not easy. That's a good point though. It's not a kid at home. And what guy wouldn't like to be told after, ahem, a night of passion, "You can go home now." LOL!

PR-- yes, it is legal. And hallelujah for that! I still won't be crossing over to chunkyfrog's side though. Haha!
Mask: AIRFIT P-10 4 HER/AIRFTI MAS FOR HER NASAL PILLOW
ResMed/S10 ELITE

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:37 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
postitnote wrote: You don't need to mention your cpap from the get-go. It's not a kid at home they need to know about. You don't have to spend the entire night with the guy either. Kick his butt out the door and make him sleep in his own bed.
Yes or you can pretend you are a 1950's or 60's teenager and do it everywhere except in a bed at home. I don't recommend either a VW bug or an Austin Mini however and do watch out for the poison ivy.
That too! VW bug? How was that possible?
Morbius, are you bored?

corvallisgrace75

Post by corvallisgrace75 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
I like it!! The kitchen stove is always a sure fire winner! And yes, a VW bug and an Austin Mini are way too small. Good tip about the poison ivy! Don't come a knockin' if the van is a rockin'!
ResMed/S10 ELITE

corvallisgrace75

Post by corvallisgrace75 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 pm

postitnote wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:
Before my time so I couldn't say. But I'm impressed if y'all figured out a way to make that work. LOL!
ResMed/S10 ELITE

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:32 am

postitnote wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:
You have to be skinny, flexible and desperately "in LOVE"

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:43 am

BlackSpinner wrote:
I was a teen in the 70's and the little cars were replaced by vans with 2 front seats and couches that folded out, lol.
Morbius, are you bored?

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:49 am

postitnote wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:
I was a teen in the 70's and the little cars were replaced by vans with 2 front seats and couches that folded out, lol.
It was still better, as far as I was concerned, then poison ivy, ants, black flies and mosquitoes. My first sexual experiences are associated with the smell of sunscreen, insect repellent and crushed vegetation (and maybe beer...)

TheLankyLefty

Post by TheLankyLefty » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:40 am

Hello all. I was tipped off that this subject was posted which goes along with some videos I just posted.

Some videos on the topic (meant to be a serious/irreverent mix):

CPAP, Sex, and Dating. http://youtu.be/dzY-ItKR6zg

CPAP, Sex, and Marriage. http://youtu.be/xAQB2i8IKV8

Happy and healthy sleeping to all.

LL

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:45 am

BlackSpinner wrote:
It was still better, as far as I was concerned, then poison ivy, ants, black flies and mosquitoes. My first sexual experiences are associated with the smell of sunscreen, insect repellent and crushed vegetation (and maybe beer...)
Panama Red and Orange Sunshine!
Morbius, are you bored?

RobertS975

Post by RobertS975 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Try to find a guy like Lloyd bridges in SeaHunt... used to masks and hoses!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q= ... 8523161509

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm

TheLankyLefty wrote:Hello all. I was tipped off that this subject was posted which goes along with some videos I just posted.

Some videos on the topic (meant to be a serious/irreverent mix):

CPAP, Sex, and Dating. http://youtu.be/dzY-ItKR6zg

CPAP, Sex, and Marriage. http://youtu.be/xAQB2i8IKV8

Happy and healthy sleeping to all.

LL
Cute videos. Does your kid/s know you play house with their toys? I assume you are in the DME business. You have some valid points but doing the nasty with someone doesn't mean you have to "sleep" with them. And seriously, who wears their cpap mask to have sex? Oh, sorry, it was only a few times less than 20 maybe. Husband likes to role play.

corvallisgrace75....He has a ring on his finger!
Morbius, are you bored?

jmsnyc

Post by jmsnyc » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:04 pm

corvallisgrace75 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Kinky, the frog appreciates kinky.
chunkyfrog, it's a shame you're a woman. I mean, it's not a shame. But if you were a guy, I'd be saying, "Hey....how you doin'?" LOL!
Hey....how you doin'?

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 06 but never stuck with the CPAP, now 9 years later I'm about to have another study.

Ironically I was dating a nurse and we were at dinner and I told her I was going to have a sleep study done, I asked her how she would feel about a guy using CPAP and she responded positively - ironically we broke up a week later - I do not think the two are related but you never know...

From speaking with doctors I should be on CPAP, so after my next study in 3 weeks I think I am going give it another go again. If I did start dating someone, I would probably not wear it the first one or two times we had a sleepover but then I would come clean.... I would tell her I have a deep dark secret, she would probably fear me telling her I was married or something and then hopefully the CPAP machine would sound a little more bearable.

But yes, I am thinking of starting a CPAP meetup group so fellow CPAPers could meet and date Then its a non-issue

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:59 pm

jmsnyc wrote: If I did start dating someone, I would probably not wear it the first one or two times we had a sleepover but then I would come clean.... I would tell her I have a deep dark secret, she would probably fear me telling her I was married or something and then hopefully the CPAP machine would sound a little more bearable.
And what if she says "Oh good I can bring mine next time too"?