Lysol Disaster

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cancun

Re: Lysol Disaster

Post by cancun » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:02 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Even when you think of an idea and realize it is a bad one, DO NOT SPEAK IT ALOUD--even in jest!
When Vicks was becoming popularized as a cure for toenail fungus, I mused aloud that the fungus must be the same
as that causing jock itch, (since the OTC meds were identical, but with different labels)
Not five minutes later, I heard loud cursing from the bathroom.
"Yikes! I did say that out loud"

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:31 pm

The next morning I woke up with the worst headache I've ever had in my life, and was spitting up frightening amounts of blood with each cough.
To get back to the OP - I hope that one of the first things you also did was get an appointment with pulmonologist because this can have life changing effects. You will need to have your lungs completed checked out. You will also have to be very very careful with the air you breathe. I would throw out all strong cleansers and learn how to clean your home using vinegar, baking soda and mild unscented soaps. It takes quite a while for lungs and bronchial tubes to heal and recover.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:50 pm

surely i'm not the only thinking "guest drive by cage rattling" here, eh?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:54 pm

palerider wrote:surely i'm not the only thinking "guest drive by cage rattling" here, eh?
Included that in my posting...
Krelvin wrote:Oh, an unregistered user....
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Italo's "friend" owes the him an apology for irresponsibly horrible advice!
Word to the wise: if you can"t breathe the fumes, keep it away from your cpap.
--and now that his so-called friend considers his naiveté a ready source of amusement,
he might need to find a new friend.

JimP

Post by JimP » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:08 am

I was just thinking about the parts that italo replaced and yet still smells the lysol.

Since everything that the lysol came into contact with has been replaced, I bet it up his nose, sinuses, etc and that's why he continues to smell it. It presents itself more so when under pressure.

A little off topic, my now deceased father in law who was on cpap, use to clean the nose pillows with alcohol. They may have done the water tank too (not too sure about that last one). Wife tells me that the equipment supplier told them to do that. Isn't this about the same as what italo went through? By the way, he passed away from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Seems that if you have a lung disorder, the last thing you'd want is to use something toxic to clean your breathing equipment.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:08 am

The OP, a non registered account has never responded.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:29 am

Krelvin wrote:The OP, a non registered account has never responded.

But they might be reading it and feel too humiliated to do so. I would after a mistake like that.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:36 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo_Svevo

Passed away in 1928. Birth name Aron Ettore Schmitz. This one smells about as bad as Lysol does.
Morbius, are you bored?

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 am

postitnote wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italo_Svevo

Passed away in 1928. Birth name Aron Ettore Schmitz. This one smells about as bad as Lysol does.
But people do that sort of thing in the internet for user names. Also Mom or dad may have admired this person and used both names as given names - that is a thing you know.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:57 am

Either that, or we have been, royally, HAD!
The biography sounds like he was a real D-bag.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:52 am

JimP wrote:A little off topic, my now deceased father in law who was on cpap, use to clean the nose pillows with alcohol. They may have done the water tank too (not too sure about that last one). Wife tells me that the equipment supplier told them to do that. Isn't this about the same as what italo went through? By the way, he passed away from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Seems that if you have a lung disorder, the last thing you'd want is to use something toxic to clean your breathing equipment.
perhaps the idea was that cutting down on any germs was worth any momentary buzz he might get from the alcohol fumes.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:08 am

Wikipedia states; a businessman fascinated by Freudian theory known as a novelist, playwright, and short story writer.

I think we're being used as an experiment for a book.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Matthew77

Post by Matthew77 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:25 am

Okay, so I am not a registered user...I just searched "is it okay to spray cpap with lysol"

I am talking about the spray disinfectant. I've sprayed numerous things over the years keeping a cleaner environment or hoped to do so. I've been spraying my cpap with it for several months..sometimes directly into the water tank and the area of the machine where it connects. I've sprayed it while it was running and gotten just a little more than I'd intended through the mask but even then it dissipates quickly.

I've never experienced a period longer than a minute or two before lingering scents go away.

I've reasoned that since I breathe the spray in to some extent when I've sprayed any disinfectant or air deodorizer (and I'd imagine 99% or higher of any who have sprayed aerosol into the air have) that there is no more risk than that to spray down my machine. For whatever reason, tonight it struck me to Google it.

I don't think I've found a definitive answer here but this was among the first things listed on Google. I haven't noticed any ill effects from doing this but I am interested in long term issues...and yet I think, if there are long term issues, I'm already at risk because I use spray disinfectants around my home.

I'll keep looking. Can't say I'll be back to add anything further.

tooter

Post by tooter » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:20 am

Since you have been doing it for several months, why ask now?
Fixed pressure at 11