Help reading sleepyhead & please advise

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
suziwoozi

Re: Help reading sleepyhead & please advise

Post by suziwoozi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi again, I'm back asking for more suggestions. With your help I'm sleeping better already, and longer with my mask on. I'm very grateful for your advice.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:00 pm

suziwoozi wrote:Hi again, I'm back asking for more suggestions. With your help I'm sleeping better already, and longer with my mask on. I'm very grateful for your advice.
wellll, it doesn't LOOK like the fixed pressure made things better... but, if you're sleeping better, that's a good thing.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

suziwoozi

Post by suziwoozi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:40 pm

There is room for improvements. How to go about getting my AHI down closer to 5 while getting the CAs down. I was diagnosed with complex sleep apnea, no surprise there to anyone that looks at my graphs. I've posted July 3 in this post; the numbers are different, however the cpap settings were the same for both nights. How can that be?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:46 pm

suziwoozi wrote: I've posted July 3 in this post; the numbers are different, however the cpap settings were the same for both nights. How can that be?
as far as I know, you're not a machine, you're a big mess of evolved mechanisms that we as humans barely understand in many cases.

ergo, things change, maybe your had a better night, maybe you were more comfortable, maybe you were less comfortable, maybe you were more tired, less tired, maybe you ate a different dinner, there are many many things that go into having a good night of sleep, even without the problems.

this is one of the reasons that when you start getting close to optimum settings, pretty much everybody here agreeds take small steps, and leave it for a few days, and look at the trend, because you'll have good days and great days and not so great days, even with optimal settings.

if you want to stay on fixed pressure, I'd drop it a cm, see if that helps the centrals.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

suziwoozi

Post by suziwoozi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:24 pm

I'll drop by 1cm and stay on fixed, we'll see how it goes for a few days. Good night all! Thanks.