More Tired Now than when I started CPAP a Year Ago.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: More Tired Now than when I started CPAP a Year Ago.

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:38 am

Julie wrote:TB - If you don't like the heat, why not leave the kitchen?

We were quite happy and satisfied with things as they were long before you showed up - do you seriously think we're going to change for someone whose stuffiness exceeds his sentiments? You really need to remove that stick...

Besides who appointed you the forum police? If the owners of the site are happy, who are you to tell us what to do?
ted has nothing to contribute, never has, so now he's sinking even lower... at least his trying to control things is less of a problem than misleading people with bad advice.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:44 am

Julie wrote:TB - If you don't like the heat, why not leave the kitchen?

We were quite happy and satisfied with things as they were long before you showed up - do you seriously think we're going to change for someone whose stuffiness exceeds his sentiments? You really need to remove that stick...

Besides who appointed you the forum police? If the owners of the site are happy, who are you to tell us what to do?
TB, I hate to upset you, but a +1 for Julie's post. You're not worth any more effort than that since she did a great job of expressing my point of view.

49er

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:46 am

Julie-

You obviously don't respect the Rules here. So why have them in the first place?

As for me, I've got enough info from this miserable place (many people here are just too nasty) to bid 'adieu' in the sense that my posts and participation will be minimal.

PR, no need to respond. I anticipate the unnecessary and childish comment before you have even made it.

GOOD-BYE!
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Well, I never was very big on Rules, and if you want them, take them and enjoy your pompous life.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Julie wrote:Well, I never was very big on Rules, and if you want them, take them and enjoy your pompous life.
So, commit a felony and go to State Prison... You did not make those Rules either.
Then you can state again that "I never was very big on Rules'.
This is so idiotic.

I am out of here. A 'good day' to some of you.
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Anyone want to make a scrapbook of TBs 'goodbye's'?

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Julie wrote:Anyone want to make a scrapbook of TBs 'goodbye's'?

49er

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:17 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:
Julie wrote:Well, I never was very big on Rules, and if you want them, take them and enjoy your pompous life.
So, commit a felony and go to State Prison... You did not make those Rules either.
people with even a halfway functional brain cell know the difference in "LAWS" and "rules".
tedburnsIII wrote:I am out of here. A 'good day' to some of you.
so you keep lying. is this your signal that we can tell when you're lying, because you're typing?

dance, monkey, dance.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:28 pm

I say goodbye a lot too. Having this illness makes one a little cranky.

Mask: Flexifit 407

Susie Kay

Post by Susie Kay » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:03 pm

I've stayed away from criticizing what goes on here. But now comes the second time in one day for me.

Jimmycrackhorn comes with a serious problem and asks for help. Then comes avi, tedburns, julie, 49er and palerider with another spat among the family members that hang out here and that makes it impossible for Jimmycrackhorn to get any help from the thread he started.

Not nice and not productive fellas!

Greg Riddle

Post by Greg Riddle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:12 pm

avi123 wrote:the above post by Jimmycrackhorn should be deleted b/c of language. it was already reported to the administrator.
Cut the guy some slack. If you don't like it don't look at it

SleepyBear83

Post by SleepyBear83 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:22 am

49er wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:Just a thought that perhaps his average pressure is too low. Suggest that OP purchase an overnight pulse oximeter and monitor his 02 sats and desats- insufficient 02 might play a role in his tired state.

Of course, OP has not provided info as to his lab titration and optimal pressure derived from it...why should he be any different....

And he should clean up the language in his first post...use some tact- he may be offending people here and it does not conform to forum rules...ever heard of using 'euphemisms'?
Ted,

With all due respect, you really need to give Jimmy a break as he was posting out of frustration and had no intentions of offending anyone. If anyone doesn't understand that, that is their problem and not his.

Since he has been struggling with therapy for a year, the lab titration and alleged optimal pressure may no longer be relevant, particularly since many times, recent ones aren't always an accurate indication of pressure needs since it is only for one night in a foreign area under less than ideal circumstances. I think he should use sleepyhead to post images of sleepyhead software perhaps three nights in a row to see where things stand currently.

49er

+1.

Nicely said 49er.

neeters27

Post by neeters27 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:27 am

Normal doesn't mean Optimal and doctors only look at what within range of lab values which a) are different from lab to lab and b) are not meaningful to each age category . For example, I had ferritin level of 13 which is in my labs normal range of 13-226. Now how can the lowest value be normal when another person could have 20 times the ferritin (iron) than me and also be normal? In the end I needed blood transfusions and iron supplements and b 12 shots to raise my iron and feel well and not exhausted. Same with thyroid. Tsh was normal but kept climbing. In canada they dont treat c unless tsh is above 5. Mine was between 3 and 5 for 3 years. Had i lived in US id have been on thyroid meds years ago. I finally found a doc who tested further and yep i had very low t3. So she put me on ndt and felt immediately better. The sleep apnea came later after a 70 lb weight gain from low thyroid and I am just in my 2nd week of cpap so far so good not feeling uch better but dreaming again and baggy eyes are better. So get copies of your blood work and look at everything. Discuss with doc. Question everything. Also your hba1c can be normal but your blood sugar could be having huge swings and you might not know it and that makes you tired.

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:16 pm

SleepyBear83 wrote:
49er wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:Just a thought that perhaps his average pressure is too low. Suggest that OP purchase an overnight pulse oximeter and monitor his 02 sats and desats- insufficient 02 might play a role in his tired state.

Of course, OP has not provided info as to his lab titration and optimal pressure derived from it...why should he be any different....

And he should clean up the language in his first post...use some tact- he may be offending people here and it does not conform to forum rules...ever heard of using 'euphemisms'?
Ted,

With all due respect, you really need to give Jimmy a break as he was posting out of frustration and had no intentions of offending anyone. If anyone doesn't understand that, that is their problem and not his.

Since he has been struggling with therapy for a year, the lab titration and alleged optimal pressure may no longer be relevant, particularly since many times, recent ones aren't always an accurate indication of pressure needs since it is only for one night in a foreign area under less than ideal circumstances. I think he should use sleepyhead to post images of sleepyhead software perhaps three nights in a row to see where things stand currently.

49er

+1.

Nicely said 49er.

Don't worry about giving me a break. I have a huge group on facebook and what we like to call guys like Ted and Avi123 are Keyboard Jockeys or Internet Tough Guys or Keyboard Warriors. On my fb group, I get it. I understand why the topic at hand attracts the occasional jerk who want to try and play the One-Up man ship game to make up for his low self-esteem by putting everyone else down or trying to play these games (lets be honest. Neither of these guys care about the rules anymore than to them it's a tool they can use to try and put someone else down), but in a group where people are here to HEAL? Guys like Ted or Avi123 are just Toxic. They're not concerned with the well being of anyone on here especially like Ted here on PAGE 3 when everyone else is sharing love and helpful thoughts - already way beyond the "rules" thing, he comes along and turns a thread about healing into a flame war. That's toxic behavior and it's the mark of someone who wants to infect others with that toxicity. He's not interested in healing others. He's interested in feeding his ego EVEN IF other people are harmed as a result. I usually eat clowns like them for breakfast but AGAIN - THIS IS A PLACE OF HEALING I will refrain from posting anymore about these toxic individuals or letting them bait me into more of their negativity.

MOVING ON

Here are a couple screenshots I have from sleepyhead. I have no idea what any of this means - if someone can help me decipher this it would be helpful. To be honest I am a little scared that my sleep is getting worse and worse SINCE I STARTED Cpap and am afraid sleep debt is INCREASING to unhealthy levels. I would at least like to know that maybe it's something else going on and the CPAP is at least helping me get quality sleep. Any feedback is appreciated and thanks everyone who is trying to help and keep this discussion on the healing side of things.

One thing I should NOTE is that I have the machine set to AUTO ON AND OFF so that I can breathe into the mask 3 times to turn it on and take it off and it will shut off on its own. I don't know if the data takes that into account or not when it comes to Large Leak.

neeters27 wrote:Normal doesn't mean Optimal and doctors only look at what within range of lab values which a) are different from lab to lab and b) are not meaningful to each age category . For example, I had ferritin level of 13 which is in my labs normal range of 13-226. Now how can the lowest value be normal when another person could have 20 times the ferritin (iron) than me and also be normal? In the end I needed blood transfusions and iron supplements and b 12 shots to raise my iron and feel well and not exhausted. Same with thyroid. Tsh was normal but kept climbing. In canada they dont treat c unless tsh is above 5. Mine was between 3 and 5 for 3 years. Had i lived in US id have been on thyroid meds years ago. I finally found a doc who tested further and yep i had very low t3. So she put me on ndt and felt immediately better. The sleep apnea came later after a 70 lb weight gain from low thyroid and I am just in my 2nd week of cpap so far so good not feeling uch better but dreaming again and baggy eyes are better. So get copies of your blood work and look at everything. Discuss with doc. Question everything. Also your hba1c can be normal but your blood sugar could be having huge swings and you might not know it and that makes you tired.
I tried that but he just got mad and frustrated and told me I need to see a shrink. Then I went to the Chinese Doctor who told me everything is messed up. One said it was my stomach and digestive that caused the liver, kidneys, heart, spleen, gall bladder etc to be weak which was messing up my sleep but the other said it was my sleep that caused all the other stuff to become weak. Chicken and egg. Years of horrible sleep from untreated Apnea apparently had a physical toll on my body and now I am a mess, but the western doctor only wants to do a metabolic and then be a lazy a== when I ask him for more testing.

So now I am in the market for a new doctor to be honest (at least Western Medicine Doctor)...

Last edited by Jimmycrackhorn on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Jimmy, you can "foe" the truly obnoxious, cruel, and stupid people.
You can skip past their posts unless someone else quotes them.
You can still peek, but you don't have to.
Sanity takes a little self control.