Getting set up with my CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: Getting set up with my CPAP machine

Post by Julie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:56 am

What are you doing about the straps - are they even attached? They shouldn't be too tight, but need to be done up.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:23 am

Enchanter wrote: On the dial. But there are no pressure settings that I see
That would be the humidity settings.

Pressure settings would not be a dial, but a digital LCD display adjusted via buttons once you are in the clinical menu.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:29 am

Krelvin wrote:
Enchanter wrote: On the dial. But there are no pressure settings that I see
That would be the humidity settings.

Pressure settings would not be a dial, but a digital LCD display adjusted via buttons once you are in the clinical menu.
I don't have that machine...but isn't there something in the manual that states these things in a basic picture, where you probably don't have to read much to figure out what dial or button does what? sort of a quick start/look thing?

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 am

The manual does have that info. Pictures won't necessary help Enchanter however, past experience had proved that.

I know he has a legacy machine, perhaps an m-series, but to get the manual you need to know what it is.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:40 am

Well I just woke up. The headache is a lot less of course. But I still don't feel fully refreshed. I guess I only got maybe 3 hours of sleep, but see this is the problem. I'm going through so much trouble with the mask to try to fix one problem. But them I don't know if I'll ever get to a point were I feel truly refreshed. It's no good for me to just get 50 percent better, if you will. I'm very grateful for the opportunity, don't get me wrong. But there still is improvements needed and how do I know if I'm going to get them? There's too many uncertainties. Is this the limit CPAP can get me? Is there anymore room for improvement?

Anyways, my first allergy appointment in 5 years is scheduled for today. I have to go hardcore with my health regimen. No reason to keep suffering. Have to attack every weakness and do it like there's no tomorrow. I might be 50 percent better, but I need to get much better than that.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:57 am

I'm happy to hear your mom got the mask settled for you. The machine was set at straight pressure of 13. I totally meant to lower it but forgot to before I sent it. You have to go into provider mode and change it. I don't recall how to do that anymore but I know someone here can help you.
Morbius, are you bored?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:59 am

postitnote wrote:The machine was set at straight pressure of 13. I totally meant to lower it but forgot to before I sent it. You have to go into provider mode and change it. I don't recall how to do that anymore but I know someone here can help you.
What machine is it? what is the model number?
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:10 am

postitnote wrote:I'm happy to hear your mom got the mask settled for you. The machine was set at straight pressure of 13. I totally meant to lower it but forgot to before I sent it. You have to go into provider mode and change it. I don't recall how to do that anymore but I know someone here can help you.

Well if it's 13, then maybe that's good. How high should the other scale be? And even though I only got 3 hours of sleep, it felt more like 6. After a half hour I feel better than when I woke up. But trust me, I know I can still feel better than just this. Does it get better overtime or are you what you are after 1-2 days?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 am

I think 13 is too high for starting out - could be a problem and you should WAIT until you get your doctor's word on settings.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:13 am

postitnote wrote:I'm happy to hear your mom got the mask settled for you. The machine was set at straight pressure of 13. I totally meant to lower it but forgot to before I sent it. You have to go into provider mode and change it. I don't recall how to do that anymore but I know someone here can help you.
But by all means, I'm 100 percent appreciative. It's just that I have motivations and goals I'd like to get to.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:15 am

Julie wrote:I think 13 is too high for starting out - could be a problem and you should WAIT until you get your doctor's word on settings.

Julie I can't wait. Even if I'm only at a 50 percent improvement, I wouldn't want to go one more day with a OSA headache. I don't want it ever again. I may have felt it a tiny bit when I woke up, but after a half hour it's gone. Now the key is for me to get REFRESHED, once the headaches are out the window. One miracle down overnight, now we need another lol.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:25 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somehow it's gonna get done and gonna Make ALL KINDZ OF GAINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can FEEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm sensing a Light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A part of me is starting to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like I can't explain it, but I never can either way ha ha!!!!!!!! Just gotta keep the ball ROLLLING and WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 am

Enchanter wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somehow it's gonna get done and gonna Make ALL KINDZ OF GAINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can FEEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm sensing a Light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A part of me is starting to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like I can't explain it, but I never can either way ha ha!!!!!!!! Just gotta keep the ball ROLLLING and WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/ZbZSe6N_BXs

I'm happy, are you?
Morbius, are you bored?

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 am

Krelvin wrote:
postitnote wrote:The machine was set at straight pressure of 13. I totally meant to lower it but forgot to before I sent it. You have to go into provider mode and change it. I don't recall how to do that anymore but I know someone here can help you.
What machine is it? what is the model number?
I don't remember. I deleted the manual and sent the hard copy to Enchanter.

Enchanter can you look at the label on the underside of the cpap? Very Imprortant! Do NOT turn it over if you put water in the humidifier chamber!

There will be numbers and also a ref#. Let us know what they say or better yet take a photo of the label.

I'll look through my phone and see if I still have those photos but I doubt it.
Morbius, are you bored?

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:54 am

Wonderful E. !!!!!! It is nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. So glad you are getting this sorted out.