Getting set up with my CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Getting set up with my CPAP machine

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:59 am

people...

it's obvious to anybody that's actually SEEN an innomed hybrid mask (or looked at the videos linked above), that there has been a complete, and total failure to follow the simple directions on how to assemble the mask, presented in the video linked above.
here are the parts:

they go together like this:

compare that to the images that eric has posted.

all the handwaving and advice is assuming that the mask is properly assembled, and he hasn't crammed the mask frame INSIDE the cushion, which he has, and, of course, it's not going to work.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:57 am

Incorrect assembly does appear to be the issue. That is the ONLY way hard plastic can touch the face.
I have had masks that were hard to assemble, but taking a careful look uncovered any inconsistencies.
{{{Are you visually impaired?--if so you should qualify for personal help}}}
I no longer have that mask, or I could take a look and give it a shot.
Generally pushing the silicone into its track, all the way in, and evenly seated all the way around, worked for me.
If you get a section that refuses to go in, start over, don't push hard until it is in evenly all the way around.
Friction is often all that holds the parts together, so skin oil can be a PROBLEM-- keep it very clean, especially during assembly.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:55 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Incorrect assembly does appear to be the issue. That is the ONLY way hard plastic can touch the face.
I have had masks that were hard to assemble, but taking a careful look uncovered any inconsistencies.
Generally pushing the silicone into its track, all the way in, and evenly seated all the way around, worked for me.
If you get a section that refuses to go in, start over, don't push hard until it is in evenly all the way around.
Friction is often all that holds the parts together, so skin oil can be a PROBLEM-- keep it very clean, especially during assembly.

Whatever I try, i cannot get it right or how I think it should be. See the problem with the video that PR posted is that I couldn't see what the guy was doing. It was too far away from the camera and he did it too fast.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Enchanter wrote:Whatever I try, i cannot get it right or how I think it should be. See the problem with the video that PR posted is that I couldn't see what the guy was doing. It was too far away from the camera and he did it too fast.
Do you live on an island with no help around for hundreds of miles? Surly there are natives nearby with 6-12 years olds that could put it together for you? Or maybe, GASP! an adult?

It is amazing you have had this now for a week and still can't figure it out when it arrived already put together in the first place. Just think you could be using this gift sent to you. What a disappointment.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Enchanter wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Incorrect assembly does appear to be the issue. That is the ONLY way hard plastic can touch the face.

Whatever I try, i cannot get it right or how I think it should be. See the problem with the video that PR posted is that I couldn't see what the guy was doing. It was too far away from the camera and he did it too fast.
It looks to me like two different videos have been posted to this thread. The camera is not too far away in the video below. If the video is moving too fast for you, you have the option to stop the video, move the cursor back a bit, and play it again, and again, and again until you understand. When I am not understanding something this is what I do. With pamphlets I keep re-reading until I get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=257&v=fKJuqT7xxuE

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:24 pm

This photo that was posted a few spots up is as clear as can be. Take the mask and compare to this simple blow-up. You can do this! If you can't then show this to your dad or someone who can be there with you!

Morbius, are you bored?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:32 pm

For Postitnote:

Re: If you can't then show this to your dad or someone who can be there with you!

Have you considered teaching via Skype?????

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Krelvin wrote:
Enchanter wrote:Whatever I try, i cannot get it right or how I think it should be. See the problem with the video that PR posted is that I couldn't see what the guy was doing. It was too far away from the camera and he did it too fast.
Do you live on an island with no help around for hundreds of miles? Surly there are natives nearby with 6-12 years olds that could put it together for you? Or maybe, GASP! an adult?

It is amazing you have had this now for a week and still can't figure it out when it arrived already put together in the first place. Just think you could be using this gift sent to you. What a disappointment.

My mom is here and says she will help me. I'm going to show her the video and she now finally believes me as far as sleep apnea.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:02 pm

God bless your mom! Let me know how it goes!
Did you get the hose fixed? I meant to tell you that you could put a piece of PVC pipe (that is slightly smaller than the broken hose) into the broken part and then tape it all to seal. Not sure if that makes sense to you...
Morbius, are you bored?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:15 pm

To Postitnote:

Re: Your PM regarding not knowing how to use Skype.

Enchanter has a lot more to learn and does not appear to be an independent learner.
You need teaching tools geared toward Enchanter's learning style.
Apparently videos, pictures, drawings and manuals are not effective.

Ask a neighbor to show you how to use Skype.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Skype's easy, but... you may have trouble ever getting rid of it - not easy at all.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:To Postitnote:

Re: Your PM regarding not knowing how to use Skype.

Enchanter has a lot more to learn and does not appear to be an independent learner.
You need teaching tools geared toward Enchanter's learning style.
Apparently videos, pictures, drawings and manuals are not effective.

Ask a neighbor to show you how to use Skype.
I don't need a neighbor to show me how to use Skype. I just simply don't use it so it's not installed. I FaceTime.
As I said earlier though I am not the one that can tweak his settings. In the 17 years I've been on cpap it was only the last few months that I looked to see how my own settings were working. I'm blessed mine are damn near perfect! Someone else has to help Enchanter with the rest. I got him what he needed to start his journey. Grasshopper needs more help from others now
Morbius, are you bored?

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:40 pm

I found out today from a usually reliable source that cpap hoses can be bought at some

TRUCK STOPS

(I'd never have guessed that)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:51 pm

And I'm fielding some PMs as usual... don't ask!

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Julie wrote:And I'm fielding some PMs as usual... don't ask!
Julie, tag, you're it tonight!

Hubby coming home a night early and no kids or grands. If the house is rockin' don't come a knockin' to quote the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughn!
Morbius, are you bored?