Getting set up with my CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sonnyboy

Re: Getting set up with my CPAP machine

Post by Sonnyboy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Enchanter wrote:I didn't sleep with machine last night sorry. Felt the pressure was too high and I didn't want to wake up after 3 hours the be tired the rest of the day. Well I did sleep more and am tired in a different way, just confused...
It's ok to hold treatment until someone has adjusted the machine to your particular needs.

You are hindering your own progress by not making a follow-up appointment with your sleep doctor.

If you need CPAP the doctor can prescribe a newer machine that is easier for you to use. Also, as many have already told you the DME can help you get started by fitting the mask and showing you how to use the equipment. Also with the newer machine the DME and MD can tract your treatment from their office and help you adjust your pressures from their office too.

You are a big boy. You need to take steps to help yourself also. I do not see you doing this.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:05 pm

"Yoga breathing techniques and throat exercises. Do they eliminate sleep apnea?"

You're joking right? Are you playing us after all?

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Julie wrote:"Yoga breathing techniques and throat exercises. Do they eliminate sleep apnea?"

You're joking right? Are you playing us today?
why should today be any different?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Julie wrote:"Yoga breathing techniques and throat exercises. Do they eliminate sleep apnea?"

You're joking right? Are you playing us after all?

How am I joking? I was asking that if they at least help, in conjunction the therapy.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:
Enchanter wrote:I didn't sleep with machine last night sorry. Felt the pressure was too high and I didn't want to wake up after 3 hours the be tired the rest of the day. Well I did sleep more and am tired in a different way, just confused...
It's ok to hold treatment until someone has adjusted the machine to your particular needs.

You are hindering your own progress by not making a follow-up appointment with your sleep doctor.

If you need CPAP the doctor can prescribe a newer machine that is easier for you to use. Also, as many have already told you the DME can help you get started by fitting the mask and showing you how to use the equipment. Also with the newer machine the DME and MD can tract your treatment from their office and help you adjust your pressures from their office too.

You are a big boy. You need to take steps to help yourself also. I do not see you doing this.
Sonnyboy, it takes 7 to 10 days to get all the results. I wanna have an appointment, where I can get all my test results, not just the first 2.

I am still awaiting a phone call regarding the CPAP. All I can do is wait for them to be ready, right?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:19 pm

The Princess Bride was released in 1987. Seems Hollywood may owe Enchanter some royalties...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBaDcOBoHFk
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:22 pm

You said "eliminate" apnea... a far cry from 'at least help'! Many small things can help, but they're relative, definitely small and chances of their making a difference you can measure are very small. Not worth pursuing right now for you. Enchanter we're all tired of doing all the work - it's your turn (and was a long time ago).
Last edited by Julie on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:23 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:The Princess Bride was released in 1987. Seems Hollywood may owe Enchanter some royalties...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBaDcOBoHFk
or that's where the inspiration for this endless torment came from... little column a, little column b, perhaps?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Enchanter wrote:
Sonnyboy wrote:

Sonnyboy, it takes 7 to 10 days to get all the results. I wanna have an appointment, where I can get all my test results, not just the first 2.

I am still awaiting a phone call regarding the CPAP. All I can do is wait for them to be ready, right?
Wrong!
The doctor knows approximately when the tests will be available and can schedule your appointment for a time after they are available.
My doctor had no problem doing this.

You can schedule the appointment with the doctor ahead of time.
You can not schedule the appointment with the DME ahead of time.

Every day you ask questions that only your doctor can answer. Time to make an appointment.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:31 pm

Enchanter, you gotta stop going off on tangents and getting distracted. The issue right now is to make the machine and the mask that Postitnote donated to you work. If you can't do that, then wait to meet with the doctor when the results are available who will prescribe everything and send you to a DME who hopefully will help.

Even though they said the results wouldn't be ready for 7 to 10 days, I would start calling now to see if they are available. Mine were ready in two days as an FYI.

Stay focused and on track.

49er

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Wrong!
The doctor knows approximately when the tests will be available and can schedule your appointment for a time after they are available.
My doctor had no problem doing this.

You can schedule the appointment with the doctor ahead of time.
You can not schedule the appointment with the DME ahead of time.

Every day you ask questions that only your doctor can answer. Time to make an appointment.
Exactly! After I had my initial sleep study, I called the doctor's office to schedule an appointment that allowed enough time (too much actually) for the results to be completed.

49er

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Amazing... for someone who continues to baffle even those who attempt to help him a thread that now has....

238 Posts!

And today we get...

He didn't use his machine last night because he thinks he will only get 3 hours sleeping with it.
and... Yoga...
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Alright well I'm going to the doctor's now to pick up a test. Out of the 4 I did, she says she only has 1. She says that the lab is the worst place that they have ever dealt with and the whole thing is confusing.

So it's not just me. The whole process has in fact been confusing. And out of the 4 tests, not sure why she only has 1 available. I understand I just took the final test.

Tbh, maybe it's better now if they say I don't have OSA. Because this whole process has been hard.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Krelvin wrote:Amazing... for someone who continues to baffle even those who attempt to help him a thread that now has....

238 Posts!

And today we get...

He didn't use his machine last night because he thinks he will only get 3 hours sleeping with it.
and... Yoga...
yup, that's progress!!!

I'm interested whether, in the entire history of the forum, there's ever been anybody less able to help themselves.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:22 pm

If you don't have OSA how come your headaches got so much better when you used the machine last night?