Hi, It's Dori!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DoriC

Hi, It's Dori!

Post by DoriC » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:14 am

I've received many loving messages over these last few months but couldn't bring myself to post here. This forum was such a big part of my caregiver role that I had to let it go along with many other parts of that other life. The last message I got was asking me to check up on my "kids" so I just briefly scanned some of the threads and my first question is....who's in charge of "time outs"?? I was always fearful that this occasional ongoing bashing would scare away newbies who desperately needed our help but obviously it hasn't as I see many new faces who have also joined in the "fun" ! Actually it made me feel a bit nostalgic for the good old days but this mother is on permanent leave now so all I can ask is that you behave yourselves and share your wisdom and good spirits as no other forum can. I am forever grateful for the help and friendship I received here. Hope to check in again soon.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Madalot

Re: Hi, It's Dori!

Post by Madalot » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:19 am

Dori!!! I am so happy that you checked in. Seeing a post from you brightened my day in ways you cannot imagine.

While I understand, and totally support, why you don't want to come here much anymore, I can honestly say that I miss you so much.

I hope you are doing okay and please know you are loved and missed terribly.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:30 am

Dori! It's SO nice to see your face again! I hope you're doing well.

I'm not here so much anymore. Without your voice of reason to keep the gladiators in line around here, the forum isn't the same for me, anymore. I still believe in this place and am grateful for all the help I received here, and I very much appreciate the fact that others are usually able to get that same kind of support now; I've just been dealing with a lot of tension in my personal life lately, and it's enough.

Hope you pop in and say hello more often. xoxo
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:59 am

Good to see you again Dori. I have been wondering how you were doing.
No one is in charge of the much needed "time outs" unfortunately. Though to be honest I don't know that your voice of reason would help much. I have often wished for it or wondered to myself "what would Dori say" because you could always seems to reach those that needed it.
For the first time in all my time here I have been wishing that we had more restrictions and someone who would/could nip it in the bud...or else have a sub forum where people could take their fights and not cause so much disruption in thread that were originally meant to be helping threads.

I do understand that this forum reminds you of your loss and the pain that it causes when you come here. I don't blame you one bit but please drop us a line every now and then to let us know how you are doing. We care so much about you.
And you should still have my private email address...if nothing else send me a note every once in a while letting me know you are okay.
Hugs...

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:02 am

DORI!!!!!!

How nice to hear from you!

I hope you are adjusting to your new life and taking it easy a bit (yes I know that is hard to do) and if you do find it hard to take it easy I hope you are at least busy at something you enjoy.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:08 am

So glad you wrote, so glad you're still thinking of us, though what you're likely thinking now probably isn't as nice... things have gone off the rails a bit lately, what or whoever is responsible, but I think they'll straighten out over time (always have in the past).

Please take care, hope your family's ok, we do miss you and your sane influence.

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 am

DoriC wrote:I am forever grateful for the help and friendship I received here.
Dori, I see you.

I don't see the forum much different than it always has been.
It's just a river, rolling along.
I don't even fire up the popper anymore.
Most of it is just reruns. ......different characters, but the same stories.
Those that want help get it, those that don't, don't.
Those that have the courage to suck it up, do.
Those that live in fear......still live in fear.
It's still just a microcosm of life.

I'm good. I have become more comfortable w/my journey
along the unknown shore. Time, as they say, does temper the pain.
.....and life goes on here in time and space.

Hope this finds you well.
Our time here together was so valuable to me.
All the best to you. I'll see you on the road.
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

DoriC1

Post by DoriC1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks for all the hellos. Cman, one of my most memorable moments here was seeing the photo of you riding for cancer cure with the flags of your forum buddies flying behind you. What sustains me is the certainty that the Lord has something good planned for those who do good.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Dori.

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 am

DoriC1 wrote: Cman, one of my most memorable moments here was seeing the photo of you riding for cancer cure with the flags of your forum buddies flying behind you. What sustains me is the certainty that the Lord has something good planned for those who do good.
Dori, have not thought about that in years.
Thank you! I was so proud to do it and
so good of you to remember.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55061&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... man+spirit
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

kteague

Post by kteague » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:48 am

Hi Dori. Some people's names will be forever infamous on this board. Yours is famous. Your commitment to learning new things to help your beloved inspired us. Your reputation for being able to elicit cooperation from even the most cantankerous has been epic on this board. I think you may have reached legend status I hope that this is a time for you of more receiving than giving, and that you are in the company of people who make you smile and laugh. You deserve that. Do stop in now and then. We love hearing from you.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 am

kteague wrote:Hi Dori. Some people's names will be forever infamous on this board. Yours is famous. Your commitment to learning new things to help your beloved inspired us. Your reputation for being able to elicit cooperation from even the most cantankerous has been epic on this board. I think you may have reached legend status I hope that this is a time for you of more receiving than giving, and that you are in the company of people who make you smile and laugh. You deserve that. Do stop in now and then. We love hearing from you.
Kathy -the above words are so elegant -- and true. Thanks for putting into words what so many of us feel.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 am

So glad you checked in. Happy to hear you are doing as well as can be.
Hoping for sunnier times for you. Peace, and love to you.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Dori, it's so good to hear from you and see your smiling face again. I agree with Pugsy so I won't reiterate all her sentiments, and I too understand why coming here is not the same for you now. So many of us love and miss you and we just want you to take care of yourself, and let your loved ones take care of you. And we'll be happy to hear from you whenever you feel up to it.

Love, kaiasgram
Pugsy wrote:Good to see you again Dori. I have been wondering how you were doing.
No one is in charge of the much needed "time outs" unfortunately. Though to be honest I don't know that your voice of reason would help much. I have often wished for it or wondered to myself "what would Dori say" because you could always seems to reach those that needed it.
For the first time in all my time here I have been wishing that we had more restrictions and someone who would/could nip it in the bud...or else have a sub forum where people could take their fights and not cause so much disruption in thread that were originally meant to be helping threads.

I do understand that this forum reminds you of your loss and the pain that it causes when you come here. I don't blame you one bit but please drop us a line every now and then to let us know how you are doing. We care so much about you.
And you should still have my private email address...if nothing else send me a note every once in a while letting me know you are okay.
Hugs...

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Dear Dori you are missed, but it sounds like you are right where you need to be in this process of creating a new life for yourself. I wish you the best.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm