POLL: Who Are My Foes?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

POLL: Who Have I "Foed"

Morbius
4%
BlackSpinner
3%
ems
22%
Papit
7%
palerider
4%
LSAT
9%
Therapist
2%
Julie
12%
49er
15%
postitnote
24%

Total votes: 113

Julie

Re: POLL: Who Are My Foes?

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:37 am

Maybe it is time to shut this down (well, it was time a while back). Is this really the way we want a forum of (mostly) adults writing about medical issues to be seen out there, like something from Lord of the Flies? People respect - or used to - this place, but if I was new here and saw this thing, I don't know how long I'd bother staying around. Pretty tacky, to say the least.

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:57 am

Julie wrote:Maybe it is time to shut this down (well, it was time a while back). Is this really the way we want a forum of (mostly) adults writing about medical issues to be seen out there, like something from Lord of the Flies? People respect - or used to - this place, but if I was new here and saw this thing, I don't know how long I'd bother staying around. Pretty tacky, to say the least.
Thank you so much Julie for writing exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I couldn't express it as well as you just did.

49er

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:40 am

Well, it's time to View Results.

I mean REALLY view results!
postitnote wrote:
Krelvin wrote:
Morbius wrote:Note: The 3 lowest scorers will be periodically replaced by others who volunteer, are volunteered, etc.
without the ability to "revote" there is no point.
That's true and a good point! I suspect one would have to sign up under another user name. But doesn't that list all the other names a person has already used to post? Sometimes I see that listed by a name.

Edit: Krelvin, I'm not sure there was a point to this poll to begin with. I mean aside from someone trying to incite a riot!
The point of the poll had little to do with the poll itself, but human behaviors, including need to belong, learned helplessness, self-perception and rationalization.

Editing the poll, including jumbling the names, made it completely unreliable, so people had an easy out if they chose to use it.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:43 am

49er wrote:
Julie wrote:Maybe it is time to shut this down (well, it was time a while back). Is this really the way we want a forum of (mostly) adults writing about medical issues to be seen out there, like something from Lord of the Flies? People respect - or used to - this place, but if I was new here and saw this thing, I don't know how long I'd bother staying around. Pretty tacky, to say the least.
Thank you so much Julie for writing exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I couldn't express it as well as you just did.

49er
But I had nothing to do with all those people who voted for (or against, depending on how you look at it) you guys.

And that's the real issue, isn't it?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:50 am

Papit wrote:Hi Morbius. I tried to send this by pm but pm-ing to you seems to be disabled so I’ll post it here.

I’ve heard some great comments about you privately. And it's clear that you make really good contributions online. This thread about “foes” though, while funny and amusing in some ways, can also be upsetting and divisive. It very likely also leaves a bad impression with newbies and might drive some away.

So I don't mind being the first to ask you to consider perhaps, right now, adding a final comment about deleting the whole thread, maybe waiting 24 hours for responses, and then canning it.

Make sense at this point?
Sure.

A big change from before:
Papit wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote:There should be another box... this list is NOT HELPFUL.
True! But I'm hurt anyway! I want to be on it! (I think.)
BTW I do love the "Morbius you're fantastic but" approach. First time I ever heard that.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:52 am

I didn't vote. I have yet to feel the need for using the "foe" button. I see it's point, sort of, but it should probably be renamed "ignore," because people get their knickers all in a knot when certain words are used. Or maybe that's why it's called "foe?" Evil genius.
Anyhow...the bipolar crap is annoying, even when it's occasionally funny. The "you're DEAD to me!" signature line? Pathetic doesn't begin to say. Especially when trying to claim "I'm a good person!!" It's why I don't make that claim. Because if I'm going to be a petty little shit, I don't need the contradiction laid out like that.
Morbius, I'm not sure what's more entertaining...how you just made some forum monkeys dance, or trying to figure out your system.

Well played.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:33 am

Morbius wrote: Editing the poll, including jumbling the names, made it completely unreliable, so people had an easy out if they chose to use it.
It was unreliable to begin with because people could have voted under different names.

How much of this poll was ego stroking Morbius? You provide a great service to people here but there are strings attached. Wouldn't bother me if I have 100 votes that were all mine and not the result of a switch. There was someone on the list that was very hurt by being on it! I got a PM about when this person was in school and well it doesn't matter what the details were because you hurt someone that I am pretty sure you like.

Humor is one thing. This was just hurtful to someone that didn't deserve it and probably won't speak up about it!
Morbius, are you bored?

ems

Post by ems » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:48 am

Morbius wrote:Well, it's time to View Results.

I mean REALLY view results!
postitnote wrote:
Krelvin wrote:
Morbius wrote:Note: The 3 lowest scorers will be periodically replaced by others who volunteer, are volunteered, etc.
without the ability to "revote" there is no point.
That's true and a good point! I suspect one would have to sign up under another user name. But doesn't that list all the other names a person has already used to post? Sometimes I see that listed by a name.

Edit: Krelvin, I'm not sure there was a point to this poll to begin with. I mean aside from someone trying to incite a riot!

The point of the poll had little to do with the poll itself, but human behaviors, including need to belong, learned helplessness, self-perception and rationalization.

Editing the poll, including jumbling the names, made it completely unreliable, so people had an easy out if they chose to use it.

Morbius... think long and hard why you felt the need to start a thread about human behavior, the need to belong, helplessness, self perception and rationalization. How much was your ego involved in this? Where was your conscience? You're too smart not to have known that a forum already involved in mud-slinging and bullying would take this thread and run with it. You accomplished exactly what you thought you would.

I no longer respect you or hold you in high esteem. You are a bully in your own right, equal to or more than a few others here. On a personal level, that's so unsettling ... because I thought you were not only smart, but a decent human being as well. To realize what an insensitive person you really are reminds me how important it is to pay attention to who I get information from and who to trust, especially on an internet forum.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:53 am

+100 !

corvallisgrace75

Post by corvallisgrace75 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:58 pm

ems wrote:
Morbius... think long and hard why you felt the need to start a thread about human behavior, the need to belong, helplessness, self perception and rationalization. How much was your ego involved in this? Where was your conscience? You're too smart not to have known that a forum already involved in mud-slinging and bullying would take this thread and run with it. You accomplished exactly what you thought you would.

I no longer respect you or hold you in high esteem. You are a bully in your own right, equal to or more than a few others here. On a personal level, that's so unsettling ... because I thought you were not only smart, but a decent human being as well. To realize what an insensitive person you really are reminds me how important it is to pay attention to who I get information from and who to trust, especially on an internet forum.
Without knowing much about Morbius or his contributions to this forum, I still have to say that I agree with ems. What could possibly be gained by holding this kind of "experiment", other than driving good people away and hurting other people's feelings? That's straight out pathetic. I realize that we come to these forums at our own risk, and that we're going to encounter more than our share of bullying and trolling when there aren't moderators involved. But that's not an excuse to be mean and try to disguise it as a social experiment about human behavior. Please. Have some decency.
Mask: AIRFIT P-10 4 HER/AIRFTI MAS FOR HER NASAL PILLOW
ResMed/S10 ELITE

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Ahhh, but it's not about me (and kidding about not saving the original poll):

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.

Keep stirring kids....

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Morbius wrote:Ahhh, but it's not about me (and kidding about not saving the original poll):

Keep stirring kids....
It's all cool. Morbius is really my mother! How do I know? Because I was force fed Macbeth rather than nursery rhymes! Okay mom...wasn't amusing. Game over. I just don't understand why you feel the need to embarrass me all the time!
Morbius, are you bored?

corvallisgrace75

Post by corvallisgrace75 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Morbius wrote:Ahhh, but it's not about me (and kidding about not saving the original poll):

Keep stirring kids....
Is it possible that you just haven't gotten laid in a really long time, Morbius? You said keep stirring, so I'll just throw that out there.
Mask: AIRFIT P-10 4 HER/AIRFTI MAS FOR HER NASAL PILLOW
ResMed/S10 ELITE

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm

corvallisgrace75 wrote:

Keep stirring kids....
Is it possible that you just haven't gotten laid in a really long time, Morbius? You said keep stirring, so I'll just throw that out there.
To infinity and Beyond!
Morbius, are you bored?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm

corvallisgrace75 wrote:Is it possible that you just haven't gotten laid in a really long time, Morbius? You said keep stirring, so I'll just throw that out there.
Well if you're offering, I must respectfully decline, as I don't have a 2x4 to tie on my ass so I don't fall in.