Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset Experience v Respironic System 1?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yaconsult

Re: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset Experience v Respironic System 1?

Post by yaconsult » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:17 pm

MarylandCPAPer wrote:At some point, there were three beeps and it may have said Service Needed. I "fixed" that by taking out the SD card, turning off the power, then power on and insert SD card. Things worked normally, I think, for a while.

Now, the only thing I can do is unplug the machine to shut off the air flow and plug it in when I want to sleep.

The machine has shut off airflow while I had the mask on several times. I unplugged and plugged the electric cord back in and the air came back. With the Airfit P10 nasal pillows mask, I barely noticed that the airflow had shut off, and I did not suffocate. That mask is so quiet that I sometimes take out a nasal pillow just to check that the air is blowing, and it always is, except the couple of times there was no airflow.
That is exactly what mine was doing! I think you have the infamous missing screw problem - some idiot decided it wasn't needed and they told the factory to leave it out. But it is needed and it's a very simple fix. The post it screws into is there right under the hole in the circuit board.

You only need three things: a torx driver of the right length and size, a screw of the right size, and some electrical tape or a washer to put under the screw - I used the tape because I didn't have a washer handy. In the thread I linked to above you can see the photos of the board and where the screw needs to go. They made the screw standard in the next model cpap, the 560. Apparently, this is not an unusual problem with this model and just screwing a self-tapping bolt into the post fixes it. If you know anyone who works on computers, they would probably be comfortable with doing this job for you if you don't want to tackle it yourself.

MarylandCPAPer

Post by MarylandCPAPer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:06 am

I have gotten a prescription for a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for Her and forwarded it to the DME. Thank you for all of the great advice and information. This board is a Godsend.

Started CPAP 12/18/09 Pressure 13. Changed to APAP 1/18/10, Pressure 10-16. 4/2014:Switched to AirFit P10 mask. PR System One REMstar Auto Series 550 with A-Flex for 5.5 years. 7/2015 to present: AirSense 10 AutoSet FOR HER. Range: 10-20

MarylandCPAPer

Post by MarylandCPAPer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 am

yaconsult wrote:
MarylandCPAPer wrote:At some point, there were three beeps and it may have said Service Needed. I "fixed" that by taking out the SD card, turning off the power, then power on and insert SD card. Things worked normally, I think, for a while.

Now, the only thing I can do is unplug the machine to shut off the air flow and plug it in when I want to sleep.

The machine has shut off airflow while I had the mask on several times. I unplugged and plugged the electric cord back in and the air came back. With the Airfit P10 nasal pillows mask, I barely noticed that the airflow had shut off, and I did not suffocate. That mask is so quiet that I sometimes take out a nasal pillow just to check that the air is blowing, and it always is, except the couple of times there was no airflow.
That is exactly what mine was doing! I think you have the infamous missing screw problem - some idiot decided it wasn't needed and they told the factory to leave it out. But it is needed and it's a very simple fix. The post it screws into is there right under the hole in the circuit board.

You only need three things: a torx driver of the right length and size, a screw of the right size, and some electrical tape or a washer to put under the screw - I used the tape because I didn't have a washer handy. In the thread I linked to above you can see the photos of the board and where the screw needs to go. They made the screw standard in the next model cpap, the 560. Apparently, this is not an unusual problem with this model and just screwing a self-tapping bolt into the post fixes it. If you know anyone who works on computers, they would probably be comfortable with doing this job for you if you don't want to tackle it yourself.
Do you have any idea what size torx driver is needed and what size screw is needed. I am not inclined to open the machine but have a brother who is computer savvy.

In addition to the problems listed before, I cannot change the humidity level or anything else. I got a printout from the SD card. It appears that the APAP function is still working, even though it is taking me 4 to 6 hours to get to sleep with the machine on. I have a new machine ordered and hope it arrives before this one won't even turn the air on when I plug in the electric plug.

Thank you for your help!!

Started CPAP 12/18/09 Pressure 13. Changed to APAP 1/18/10, Pressure 10-16. 4/2014:Switched to AirFit P10 mask. PR System One REMstar Auto Series 550 with A-Flex for 5.5 years. 7/2015 to present: AirSense 10 AutoSet FOR HER. Range: 10-20

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:53 am

MarylandCPAPer wrote: Do you have any idea what size torx driver is needed and what size screw is needed. I am not inclined to open the machine but have a brother who is computer savvy.
you need a t15 torx (iirc) to open up the box, two screws on the bottom, gently pull the knob off, and the lid comes right off. reseat all the electrical plugs, and push down on the board where the screw goes, add in a little screw. and it may work better. it's pretty easy, there's a service manual on apneaboard in the member files section.

there was a recent thread by someone here with some pics of the 50 and 60 series boards.

Last edited by palerider on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:07 am

That would probably be my thread - here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106093&st=0&sk=t&sd ... sing+screw

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:59 pm

yaconsult wrote:That would probably be my thread - here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106093&st=0&sk=t&sd ... sing+screw
that was the one I was thinking of... thanks!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.