Costco Sale on Pulse Oximeters

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Zzz_Jim

Costco Sale on Pulse Oximeters

Post by Zzz_Jim » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:37 pm

I see where Costco has a recording pulse oximeter from "Veridian Healthcare" on sale for $37.99.

I wonder if it will work with SleepyHead??? It looks just like a Contec CMS50D+ but with different color plastic...

http://www.costco.com/Premium-Pulse-Oxi ... 80106.html

No Info at Veridian other than you can download the software there. http://www.veridianhealthcare.com/pulseoxdownload

kteague

Re: Costco Sale on Pulse Oximeters

Post by kteague » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:17 am

I'm no expert on these things, but I didn't see anything that said it records in the sense one watching their levels overnight would need. There's a difference between keeping a record of each reading vs continuous recording over a period of time. Someone will come along who knows more about these than me. I just know mine cost a heck of a lot more and I'd be real surprised if this one will meet your needs. Hope I'm wrong.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:30 am

Read the consumer comments................

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:34 am

Hmmm in the description is says
Computer Tracking Software—Oximeter records up to 24 hours of a single monitoring session for later review and download via Windows compatible software
  • Pulse oximeter
  • Quick-release lanyard
  • 2 AAA batteries
  • USB cable
  • Soft-side storage case
  • PC software mini-disc
  • English/Spanish instruction manual
  • 2-year limited warranty
You will only know if it works with sleepyhead by trying it.

Further info.
From the comments it sounds like it is the same as the Contec CMS50D+, no clock, 1 session up to 24 hours, typical comments talk about how hard it is the get the data off the device (the instructions are typically confusing like the Contec one).

Again, you will only know by giving one a try.

If you are a Costco member, it is an easy thing to try and return if it doesn't work out.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:45 am

Zzz_Jim wrote:I see where Costco has a recording pulse oximeter from "Veridian Healthcare" on sale for $37.99.

I wonder if it will work with SleepyHead??? It looks just like a Contec CMS50D+ but with different color plastic...
it's either a d or d+ of course, that's the crux of the matter... does it record, or not.

it's costco, they take returns.

however, if it *is* the d+, it's got some downsides... it's a bit fiddly, it's a pain to keep on your finger all night (might need to be taped on), it positively gobbles batteries... 3 nights per set of alkalines.

the wrist mounted ones are much nicer for overnight use, you can get either the cms50f or i model from aliexpress for under 100$ if you look for low price listings.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.