Where do you live?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bwexler

Where do you live?

Post by bwexler » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Very few of us seem to fill in the part of the profile that indicates where we live.
Yet there are frequent posts pleading for help, especially with equipment failures over a weekend. It would be so much more likely to actually get help if everyone knew what part of the world you lived in. I have not yet heard of a single member here attacking another member. I have heard of many going out of their way to help another member.

I am not asking for your actual address, but Sydney vs LA, vs NYC or Toronto or London, would be nice.

Krelvin

Re: Where do you live?

Post by Krelvin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:08 pm

bwexler wrote:Very few of us seem to fill in the part of the profile that indicates where we live.
Yet there are frequent posts pleading for help, especially with equipment failures over a weekend. It would be so much more likely to actually get help if everyone knew what part of the world you lived in. I have not yet heard of a single member here attacking another member. I have heard of many going out of their way to help another member.

I am not asking for your actual address, but Sydney vs LA, vs NYC or Toronto or London, would be nice.
Why you haven't used that feature yourself?

I've done it since joining the forum.

Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:16 pm

Central IL in a tiny town in between corn and bean fields. No one can pronounce the name of it.
Morbius, are you bored?

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Krelvin, mea culpa.

When you called me on it I actually had to go look. I didn't believe I had not filled it in.
I wonder if that data was purged during some system maintenance along the way.

It is fixed now.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 pm

postitnote wrote:Central IL in a tiny town in between corn and bean fields. No one can pronounce the name of it.
Closest location that meets your description was when I visited my wife's dad out in the outskirts of Urbana. Literally down a road, make a right at the cornfields, left at the next cornfields and across next to a small stream. Place was surrounded by corn fields. No bean fields perhaps that time of year. Oh, look for the calf tethered to a Donkey across the street.

First and only time I saw fireflys too while visiting his house for couple days. Hot, Humid... yuk
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
Kevin... alias Krelvin

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:37 pm

I haven't notice any corn fields near here lately. Maybe you were here long ago.
I do remember orange groves all around disneyland, on my first visit.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:46 pm

bwexler wrote:Krelvin, mea culpa.

When you called me on it I actually had to go look. I didn't believe I had not filled it in.
I wonder if that data was purged during some system maintenance along the way.

It is fixed now.
Thought it was kinda wierd request when you weren't using it yourself.
I haven't notice any corn fields near here lately. Maybe you were here long ago.
I do remember orange groves all around disneyland, on my first visit.
Urbana is located in IL, not California.
Kevin... alias Krelvin

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Martinsburg WV for the last five years but Northern VA just outside of DC for the first half century of my life!

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Krelvin wrote:
postitnote wrote:Central IL in a tiny town in between corn and bean fields. No one can pronounce the name of it.
Closest location that meets your description was when I visited my wife's dad out in the outskirts of Urbana. Literally down a road, make a right at the cornfields, left at the next cornfields and across next to a small stream. Place was surrounded by corn fields. No bean fields perhaps that time of year. Oh, look for the calf tethered to a Donkey across the street.

First and only time I saw fireflys too while visiting his house for couple days. Hot, Humid... yuk

I'm halfway between Champaign (Urbana) and Chicago I suppose. My town has a little over 1000 people. The whole area is rural but we are literally surrounded on all sides by farms and aside from some winter wheat and hay fields it's all corn and soy beans. Farmers rotate those crops for 2 reasons. First is because you can't keep planting the same crops in the same spot year after year because the soil loses nutrients that way. The second is coz soy beans pay a whole lot more than corn by the bushel! They did just "plant" a huge windmill farm a few miles away

Fireflies? Lightning bugs! It's so humid right now it's almost scary! We just had horrible storms come through with 60 mph gusts and hail up to 1 1/4 inches! It was pitch black outside! Thankfully, no tornadoes or watches, just for the thunderstorms! Power went off too but just for a few minutes.
Morbius, are you bored?

squid13

Post by squid13 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:33 pm

postitnote wrote:I'm halfway between Champaign (Urbana) and Chicago I suppose. My town has a little over 1000 people.
Let's here the name of the town. I was born and raised in Dixon, IL until I joined the Navy at 17 and left. I still go home to see my brother and sisters every few years.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:52 pm

squid13 wrote:
postitnote wrote:I'm halfway between Champaign (Urbana) and Chicago I suppose. My town has a little over 1000 people.
Let's here the name of the town. I was born and raised in Dixon, IL until I joined the Navy at 17 and left. I still go home to see my brother and sisters every few years.
I'll pass if you don't mind. Too easy to find me then! Dixon is more north and way west of me.
Morbius, are you bored?

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:01 pm

My town has a little over 1000 people.

That is a big town for that area .... my Daughter in law came from Kempton ... probably about 200 there. and they are installing windmills also .
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:04 pm

grayghost4 wrote:My town has a little over 1000 people.

That is a big town for that area .... my Daughter in law came from Kempton ... probably about 200 there. and they are installing windmills also .
I lived in the country but had a Kempton addy in 1980-81. You know I once lived in Huntley.
Morbius, are you bored?

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Spent my life in the SW corner of Ohio. My parents came out of Blackberry Hollow in western Virginia and that's still where I refer to as "down home". Ohio is "back home". Waited till 60-ish to go to Los Angeles following family who are pursuing music careers. Still can't call this home though. This is my version of being a snow bird. Avoid snow and tornadoes then go home when the weather is better.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:42 pm

I am about two miles from the stadium, and we had flooding on June 7th.