One year -- whazzup with these numbers?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RubySnooze

Re: Seven months -- whazzup with these numbers?

Post by RubySnooze » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Pugsy wrote:Would you mind trying taping your mouth tonight and let us know tomorrow how well the tape stayed in place along with the report?
Of course! I know I was having some mouth leak this morning. Was aware of it that last half hour or so. Also had massive congestion. The kind where you feel like you're suffocating 'cuz there's so much goop in your throat. Have been coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose all morning.

I did get another 4-hour+ chunk of sleep, which really helps.

And I love the Swift FX. Thank you again for recommending it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:43 pm

If the congestion is still a problem tonight don't try taping. It won't work well and will mess with your sleep more.
Do you feel like you are coming down with an upper respiratory bug or is it something else?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Pugsy wrote:Do you feel like you are coming down with an upper respiratory bug or is it something else?
No, it feels more like a massive allergy thing. Lots of sneezing. And a little itchy. Although I can't think of anything weird I've gotten into.

[Strangely the cat had a huge sneeze day Tuesday. He never sneezes but I think he did about 40 that day. Maybe the two of us got into something??]
Pugsy wrote:If the congestion is still a problem tonight don't try taping. It won't work well and will mess with your sleep more.
Okay; thanks. I do often have a low level mucous thing going on, but this is waaay more than usual.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Have you changed the humidity setting on your machine by chance either on purpose or by accident?
Go check it out....what you are describing could be from humidity being delivered changing...either not enough or too much. Make sure it is on the setting that you have been using without problems.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:07 pm

I've had the humidifier on five for quite a while. Just checked and it's still there. BUT I have been finding the humidifier empty in the morning. Maybe 'cuz I'm sleeping longer recently? Could that be the problem?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:21 pm

RubySnooze wrote:Could that be the problem?
Yep. If you spent much time without added moisture your nasal mucosa will rebel because it isn't what they have been used to. I have forgot to fill my water chamber and run out of water and have had the same symptoms you are having.
When the nasal mucosa are used to one thing (and like it) and they don't get it they will get irritated and what nasal mucosa do when they are irritated is act like they act when we have an allergy attack...with congestion, drainage, runny nose, sneezes, itches, etc.

Perhaps in addition to sleeping longer the ambient humidity in the house has changed maybe so that the machine is needing to use a little more water than in the past.

Get something like Simply Saline and use it frequently during the day to help rehydrate the nasal mucosa.
Google "cpap rhinitis" and you will see what I mean. If you have been doing well for all this time at this setting then your nose likes it and probably it got dried out somewhat and didn't like the change so now it's mad at you.
It will eventually forgive you and get back to normal but it may take a bit of time. For me it would take about 3 days and it was a miserable 3 days even with using Simply Saline. Hopefully you nose won't be so difficult.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks, Pugsy! Saline spray has helped already. And you're right: we were having summer storms for a couple weeks (high humidity)l now they've been gone for about a week (low humidity).

What did you used to do with your time before you had me to take care of?

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:03 am

July 23
Pressure 8/8
Swift FX -- no tape

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:13 am

July 24
Pressure 8/8
Swift FX no tape [congestion]

** What's going on with those flow rate interruptions? Like @ 2:46 and 6:45. Is that Sleephyhead or is it me?

Last edited by RubySnooze on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:26 am

It's not you and it's not SleepyHead. It's the machine for some reason not getting the wave form/flow rate recorded to the data file in a manner that lets the software see it. You aren't alone. Lots of us have seen this happen (including me) and we don't know why it happens. We have lots of guesses or thoughts as to what causes it but we have never come up with a concrete explanation.
About the best we do is "for random episodes...ignore" and if we "see it happen often and prolonged...see about taking it to DME for possible evaluation".

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:31 am

Pugsy wrote:It's the machine for some reason not getting the wave form/flow rate recorded to the data file in a manner that lets the software see it.
Is it just with PR machines?

Thanks, Pugsy!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:45 am

I have never seen it except on the Respironics wave form.
If it is just a corrupted file for some reason another brand might just not show anything at all. Like maybe one of the ResMed nights where it says I have no detailed data available and I know the card was in the machine correctly.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:49 am

RubySnooze wrote:
Pugsy wrote:It's the machine for some reason not getting the wave form/flow rate recorded to the data file in a manner that lets the software see it.
I haven't seen it with resmed, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OSAHell

Post by OSAHell » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:14 pm

palerider wrote:
RubySnooze wrote:
I haven't seen it with resmed, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
It happened to me once (maybe twice) on a Resmed last year, Flow Rate data just wasn't there for a few minutes if I remember correctly. I just don't remenber if it was an Autoset or an Adapt...

How did you sleep in the last two nights, especialy July 23? Are you gonna lower the pressue to 7 tonight?

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:52 pm

Pugsy wrote:I have never seen it except on the Respironics wave form.
palerider wrote:I haven't seen it with resmed, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
OSAHell wrote:It happened to me once (maybe twice) on a Resmed last year
Thanks, everyone!
OSAHell wrote:How did you sleep in the last two nights, especialy July 23? Are you gonna lower the pressue to 7 tonight?
I'm sleeping a little better. 'Specially the first half of the night. Closer to morning, it feels like my sleep is very shallow; I become aware of little things going on.

I am really lacking stamina though. I had to do a client meeting yesterday. Drove half an hour in hub's standard transmission truck, had brain-demanding conversation for 3+ hours, drove half an hour back. Am TOAST today.

Gonna try a little oxygen in a bit...

OSAHell, are you suggesting I try 7 tonight?