One year -- whazzup with these numbers?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yaconsult

Re: Seven months -- whazzup with these numbers?

Post by yaconsult » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 am

Hi, Ruby! Finding the right mask that works for you is the most important part of the equation. For many people that have higher pressure needs, nasal pillows work better because of the much smaller surface area needing a good seal.

For example, I run 12-13 minimum pressure and find it very difficult to keep a good seal with a nasal mask at those pressures. But the Breeze nasal pillows work very well for me. I hope that you are soon able to find what works best for you. A cooperative DME can be helpful in this situation. Also, some places like our hosts, cpap.com, offer an option when buying masks to pay an extra fee to have the option to return masks that don't work for us.

fdw

Post by fdw » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:55 am

And fdw: thanks for the thoughts on dinner. Sadly, due to other health issues, I'm livin' a pretty clean life. 'Cept for morning coffee (and I really don't want to discuss that ). Have you seen a sleep doctor in the last eight years? Or have you been able to work it all out on your own?
On my own, insurance does NOT pay for any sleep related doctor visits or CPAP equipment.

Sad, I know. Such a life threatening illness yet they (my employer, retired) says sleep apnea is a trend, and not a illness and will not pay for the rider on insurance carrier.
ResMed AirSense S10 Autoset (Ins. Pur. 3/16/2016)
AutoCPAP 10-15 EPR 1.0 (Latest Sleep Study 3-7-16)
Started CPAP March 1995 with a pressure of 11.0

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Thanks for the mask input! I've made a serious commitment to the nasal pillows, and every night I love them a little bit more. So cool the way they want to seal themselves; like iron filings to a magnet.

Here are last night's stats.

June 25

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:22 pm

I agree that I would raise the lower pressure to 9. Also try a different size pillow with your P10 it usually comes with three sizes and sometimes a larger one helps.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:49 pm

JimP wrote:By any chance are you sleeping on your back? Most of us do better sleeping on our sides.

Even with sleeping on your side, I've found that your pillow should elevate your head just enough that your airway has a straight shot. Too high and you're creating a breathing reduction that once you airway relaxes closes up. By keeping it straight, it helps with airflow.
Hi JimP,

Thanks for the info on keeping the airway straight. Yet another thing that never would have occurred to me! I bet my pillow IS too high. Will investigate more.

I actually prefer to sleep on my side; guess that's a good thing. Unfortunately, the last seven months while wearing a FFM I've rarely been able to keep a seal when I roll onto my side. Hence a bunch of back sleeping. Have recently switched to an AirFit P10 (nasal pillow) and am having a MUCH easier time side-sleeping. Huge difference. Fingers crossed!

'Preciate your input, Jim!

Ruby

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:49 am

First night with machine set at 9 / 14. Can someone explain what's going on between 5:00 and 5:40 on the Flow Rate chart? [Thanks!]

OSAHell

Post by OSAHell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:05 am

RubySnooze wrote:First night with machine set at 9 / 14. Can someone explain what's going on between 5:00 and 5:40 on the Flow Rate chart?
It happened to me a couple of time (2-3 nights over 100s of nights on xPAP). I don't know if it was a software bug (Sleepyhead), a CPAP bug or simply a weird leak problem du to bad fit of my mask. It's so rare in my case that I just ignore those "glichs".

BUT, can you post a "zoom-in" graph of the same screenshot from about 2:40 to 3:10 AM? Because you have lots of hypopneas and the machine doesn't seem to do anything about it...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:17 am

That's some sort of software/file bug. I have had it happen in SleepyHead and in Encore too. Some how the file structure for the flow rate gets messed up. We don't know why and don't know how to fix it either.
It has happened to lots of us though on occasion.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:57 pm

OSAHell wrote:BUT, can you post a "zoom-in" graph of the same screenshot from about 2:40 to 3:10 AM? Because you have lots of hypopneas and the machine doesn't seem to do anything about it...
OSAHell,

Does this give you what you need?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:22 pm

OSAHell wrote:
RubySnooze wrote:First night with machine set at 9 / 14. Can someone explain what's going on between 5:00 and 5:40 on the Flow Rate chart?
It happened to me a couple of time (2-3 nights over 100s of nights on xPAP). I don't know if it was a software bug (Sleepyhead), a CPAP bug or simply a weird leak problem du to bad fit of my mask. It's so rare in my case that I just ignore those "glichs".

BUT, can you post a "zoom-in" graph of the same screenshot from about 2:40 to 3:10 AM? Because you have lots of hypopneas and the machine doesn't seem to do anything about it...
I think there's too much leaking happening. it's not 'large leak' most of the time, but too much for it to want to do the auto thing.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Last night was the first night my husband has ever heard me stop breathing. I suspect it's because the sound of my breathing is so much more obvious with the nasal pillows. But...weird.

OSAHell

Post by OSAHell » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:49 am

RubySnooze wrote:
OSAHell,

Does this give you what you need?
Yes exactly, thanks but nothing obvious so far... Can you close the range and zoom-in from 2:40 to 2:55 and post the shot.
RubySnooze wrote: Last night was the first night my husband has ever heard me stop breathing. I suspect it's because the sound of my breathing is so much more obvious with the nasal pillows. But...weird.
What was your AHI that night?

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:37 am

The night my husband heard me stop breathing was Friday, the 26th. AHI of 12.38.

Here is a zoom shot of that night at 2:40 a.m.:

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:24 pm

A straight CPAP at about 10 cm to 12 cm seems safest at this point until OAs, CAs and Hypopneas are reduced.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:47 pm

RubySnooze wrote:The night my husband heard me stop breathing was Friday, the 26th. AHI of 12.38.

Here is a zoom shot of that night at 2:40 a.m.:

I'd raise the minimum pressure a little, and work on your leaks, they're quite high for the pressure you're at, and I believe that's causing the machine to not take action on the events you're having.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.