One year -- whazzup with these numbers?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RubySnooze

Re: Seven months -- whazzup with these numbers?

Post by RubySnooze » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:19 am

Well, you know I can't resist entertaining you.

Aug 4
Pressure 8.5 / 8.5
Swift FX
Two tapes

Aug 5
Pressure 8.5 / 8.5
Swift FX
Two tapes
Woke up with ugly, scaly rash -- aargh

Aug 6
Pressure 8.5 / 8.5
Swift FX
No tape

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:55 am

Just thought I would give you something more to consider. Since you had leaks with the FF masks that you tried at the cheeks, and you are definitely leaking out of you mouth. This might be a mask that would help you. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:14 pm

OkyDoky wrote:Just thought I would give you something more to consider. Since you had leaks with the FF masks that you tried at the cheeks, and you are definitely leaking out of you mouth. This might be a mask that would help you. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html
That is an interesting mask. Have you used it?

Downside for me is the headgear is made of neoprene. Already know I'm crazy allergic to that. For whatever reason, neither of the nasal pillow masks I have use neoprene. But all the FFMs do. Possibly this latest mask with a complete ensemble from Karen at padacheek.com?

Who would've guessed this would be so complicated?

'Preciate your help, OkayDoky!

OSAHell

Post by OSAHell » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:57 pm

OkyDoky might be on something here, I think this kind of hybrid mask might worth a try. Although, I never used one, if I was having your king of problem I would certainly give those mask a shot. Does your new doc offer to try masks before buying?

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:12 pm

RubySnooze wrote:
OkyDoky wrote:Just thought I would give you something more to consider. Since you had leaks with the FF masks that you tried at the cheeks, and you are definitely leaking out of you mouth. This might be a mask that would help you. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html
That is an interesting mask. Have you used it?

Downside for me is the headgear is made of neoprene. Already know I'm crazy allergic to that. For whatever reason, neither of the nasal pillow masks I have use neoprene. But all the FFMs do. Possibly this latest mask with a complete ensemble from Karen at padacheek.com?

Who would've guessed this would be so complicated?

'Preciate your help, OkayDoky!
No I haven't used it but am looking to get it for my husband next month. I know others here have used it but not sure who. As far as the problem with the neoprene I have seen where other cpap users have used a chemo cap like these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Cancer-C ... 2355908b26
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:29 am

Temporarily driven back to the Quattro FX with padacheek liner and gangsta hoodie. Check out these stats...

OSAHell, made some periodic breathing for you.

Aug 7
Pressure 8.5 / 8.5
Tape-free body

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:04 am

Those OA clusters look like REM stage sleep pattern to me.
If you use a FFM looks like you need more pressure.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:44 am

OkyDoky wrote:No I haven't used it but am looking to get it for my husband next month. I know others here have used it but not sure who. As far as the problem with the neoprene I have seen where other cpap users have used a chemo cap like these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Cancer-C ... 2355908b26
Thanks, OkyDoky. I'm going to try to give the hybrid a try. It really does look like it could be just the ticket. With some strap covers!

The problem with the chemo cap, or any cap really, is that it leaves the neck exposed. I was well-rashed just under the ears before I figured out that neoprene is toxic. With the hoodie, I can drawstring in the hood to just around the mask and all skin is covered. Looks nutz, but I've got fabric between the neoprene and every millimeter of me.

So appreciate you sharing these ideas for me!

And a little OT: I think we need a group for wild-n-crazy-couples-doin'-the-cpap-thing-together! "Romance is in the Air"?

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:39 pm

M'ohms wrote: ... Out of desparation, I tried the Respironics headgear that fits like a cap. It has been a game-changer for me. It holds my mask securely in place throughout my pressure swings. And it doesn't mess up my hair either!
Here it is: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/softca ... aQod6rII_Q
The blue mesh cap doesn't have any neoprene in it. It's just a stretchy knit "cap" with elastic straps that connect to the mask. If you are going to use the QFX, like I do, then it would be something that could work for you.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:46 am

Aug 8
Raised pressure to 9.5 / 9.5
Quattro FX with hoodie

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:39 am

RubySnooze wrote:Aug 8
Raised pressure to 9.5 / 9.5
Quattro FX with hoodie

it's kinda funny how the prs1 seems to pick and choose random spots to flag LL, sometimes it flags it lower than others.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:48 pm

I actually use the mask that you've been talking about... it's the original Hybrid.

Karen's good at wrapping it... just ask her I don't get as much leak slippage with Karen's wraps as I can guess you'd get with an actual cap

I wrap mine due to other scalp issues (scalp psoriasis)

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:41 am

M'ohms wrote:The blue mesh cap doesn't have any neoprene in it. It's just a stretchy knit "cap" with elastic straps that connect to the mask. If you are going to use the QFX, like I do, then it would be something that could work for you.
Thank you, M'ohms. I love that this cap is working so well for you, and will keep this on my list of possible fixes. I'm just not convinced the QFX is the way for me to go. I have concave areas under my cheekbones. When I press the QFX against my face, I can feel it firmly against the cheekbones, and still far away from the concave areas. No matter how I tilt the mask, it's never against both my concaves and convexes. Even with a mask liner, air is always escaping out in those areas under the cheek bones. Just seems like a logistical snafu.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:47 am

Aug 9
Pressure 9.5 / 9.5
Quattro FX with gangsta hoodie

Night from hell. Could not get mask to stop leaking. Could not lay on my side 'cuz of mask shifting. Felt like leaks were keeping me awake most of the night.

Aug 10
Pressure lowered to 8.5 / 8.5
Dumped the Quattro FFM to go back to the Swift FX
Tried a different brand of tape over my mouth; didn't hold as well but skin is still intact this morning.
Longest chunk of sleep = one hour and 51 minutes. Sleeeepy.

RubySnooze

Post by RubySnooze » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Pugsy wrote:Those OA clusters look like REM stage sleep pattern to me.
If you use a FFM looks like you need more pressure.
Thank you, Pugsy! For a while there, the ole FFM seemed like a possibility. But screw it. At least I get some sleep with the nasal pillows. Even though my lips may be flappin'!
cflame1 wrote:I actually use the mask that you've been talking about... it's the original Hybrid.

Karen's good at wrapping it... just ask her I don't get as much leak slippage with Karen's wraps as I can guess you'd get with an actual cap

I wrap mine due to other scalp issues (scalp psoriasis)
Sorry to hear about the scalp psoriasis, cflame1. I can see why you go with Karen's wraps. My scalp is still messed up from the neoprene exposure last October. Actually, I still have a mild rash all the way down to my bellybutton.

I am super interested in taking the Hybrid for a test run. And whatever I end up with, I think I'd be well served to have Karen-wraps.

Thanks so much for sharing!