BEEP..BEEP Service Required on PR 550P

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yaconsult

BEEP..BEEP Service Required on PR 550P

Post by yaconsult » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:33 am

My low hour 550P beeped twice and then shut off the air in the middle of the night. I have auto-start enabled and it turned on the airflow again after a couple of breaths. As I was waking up, it happened again - two beeps and air turned off. So I got up, and went to get the flashlight so I could read the display. "Service Required" is all it said. I now remember that this is not the first night that this has happened.

Later today I will open it up and inspect the PC board, especially the connector and wires for the humidifier connection since this is a known problem area on the 550P. I have an electronics background so I'm conformable with checking out the circuitry, soldering, etc. Are there any other known problem areas in the 550P that would produce this message? Is there any way to get more detailed or specific error information?

Last edited by yaconsult on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Re: BEEP..BEEP Service Required

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:19 am

I think there is an error code text file on the SD card that might offer additional information.
Has been discussed here on the forum in the past as to how to interpret the text code....sorry I forget who found it and figured it out and how to get to it...maybe that person will read this.
I can't even remember good key words to search for it...I just know that it was discussed maybe last year (time flies).

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:32 am

Unplug everything, and do a cold restart before you open anything.
Irregular current from your provider could confuse your machine's electronics.

Tom45

Post by Tom45 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:35 am

I know nothing about that unit, but wonder if it needs a new filter.

Tom

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:40 am

On the 550's they did not put a screw through the pc board in the upper right hand corner .... and the board can lift up and it will loose the seal to the sensors. use a #8 X 1/2 sheet metal screw to hold it down ... put a plastic washer on the screw to insulate it from the board.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Here's a good tutorial on popping open the case as regards the above reply. It's easy to do but of course, you take full responsibly for the mayhem you may accidentally do to the machine. I'll look for the error code list - I've got it saved somewhere.

The fifty series has a bunch of issues, one of which you mentioned, that's why PR quickly came out with the sixty series. Here's the link, tho I don't recommend disabling the beeper/transducer as the writer postulates!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45907&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:58 pm

If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:12 pm

this google search: "site:cpaptalk.com respironics error codes sd card file" turns up this old thread as the second match:

viewtopic/t91178/Help-PRS1-error-folder ... OLVED.html

it's got info on where the error codes are in the sd card, and how to decode them

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:28 pm

grayghost4 wrote:On the 550's they did not put a screw through the pc board in the upper right hand corner .... and the board can lift up and it will loose the seal to the sensors. use a #8 X 1/2 sheet metal screw to hold it down ... put a plastic washer on the screw to insulate it from the board.
Thanks for the pointer - I found it. It's very strange because the other two holes of the same size have the quick disconnect reusable attachments. This hole has a post underneath but no screw in it. Seems someone decided that it wasn't needed. Did you say that they do have a screw in this post in the 560?

In this photo, it's along the right edge just over an inch down from the upper-right corner. I will probably have to go to the hardware store to get a screw and insulating washer of the right size.
The connector and wiring for the heater look fine and I removed and reseated the connector.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:36 pm

yaconsult wrote:Did you say that they do have a screw in this post in the 560?

In this photo, it's along the right edge just over an inch down from the upper-right corner. I will probably have to go to the hardware store to get a screw and insulating washer of the right size.
The connector and wiring for the heater look fine and I removed and reseated the connector.

that's the hole... the 60 series have a screw there... probably because the 50s had a problem with the board coming loose over the flow and pressure sensors.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:35 am

palerider wrote:this google search: "site:cpaptalk.com respironics error codes sd card file" turns up this old thread as the second match:

viewtopic/t91178/Help-PRS1-error-folder ... OLVED.html

it's got info on where the error codes are in the sd card, and how to decode them

Bravo! Excellent information. Thanks.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:44 am

grayghost4 wrote:here is a list of error codes :

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... AP-machine
The codes change with each model-- that list looks like it's from REMstar Auto with C-Flex and/or REMstar Pro 2:

css28

Post by css28 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:18 am

palerider wrote:
yaconsult wrote:Did you say that they do have a screw in this post in the 560?

that's the hole... the 60 series have a screw there... probably because the 50s had a problem with the board coming loose over the flow and pressure sensors.
Is there a photo anywhere showing a 60 series board with screw in place?

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:45 am

css28

Post by css28 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:19 am

Thank you!