Are you having wildly vivd dreams using CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pod911

Re: Are you having wildly vivd dreams using CPAP?

Post by Pod911 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:00 pm

It's called lucid dreaming that makes them so real some time ago in the Roman Empire there was a guy how had this happen to him every night people believe your astro travelling I really don't now look it up here

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon May 25, 2015 2:51 pm

I don't seem to remember dreaming as much after I started using cpap 6 years ago.

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon May 25, 2015 3:09 pm

I've had 2 vivid dreams that past 2 nights which is weird for me. First one was about a spider/centipede hybrid (6 foot tall of course) and in my dream I thought I was dreaming because when I would open my eyes I saw this thing coming at me. I would close my eyes and knew it was a dream (confusing and can't explain it correctly). But I drempt all of that so not sure what the heck was real and what wasn't!

Last night I drempt my cpap quit working so I got up and hooked up this white, flat machine that looked like an old answering machine and it worked as a cpap.

I think I've had too much sun in the garden this week.
Morbius, are you bored?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon May 25, 2015 3:49 pm

La Zona wrote:The past couple of nights I have been having very vivid dreams in which I know I am dreaming...so I can control the dreams. Most of the time I am flying a fighter jet like Tom Cruise in Top Gun...or sometimes a space ship like in Battle STar Gallactica or Star Wars. And my co-pilot is a sexy bikini model. Probably has something to do with the mask.
If you just recently started CPAP, you may be experiencing "REM Rebound". Before being treated with CPAP, you were unable to get sufficient REM sleep. Now you are getting an excess of REM and typically more dreams occur in REM that other stages. REM Rebound will eventually pass when your REM deficit is paid back.

The other possibility is that something is awakening you and you then have a vivid memory of the dream. Try this the next time you awaken from a vivid dream. Turn your CPAP off for just a second and then restart it and try to go back to sleep. The next day when you look at your daily detail data you can see where you awoke from the dream by looking for the short period where you had the machine off. If you had events just before the machine was turned off, it may be that the events are waking you.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon May 25, 2015 3:52 pm

I never subscribed to the idea that there are vivid dreams and non-vivid dreams. They are all vivid.

If you don't awaken or only awaken for a moment, you won't remember the vivid dream as vivid. If you awaken fully for a couple of minutes, you may have a vivid memory of your vivid dream.

Vivid memories and not-so-vivid memories.

La Zona

Post by La Zona » Mon May 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Pod911 wrote:It's called lucid dreaming that makes them so real some time ago in the Roman Empire there was a guy how had this happen to him every night people believe your astro travelling I really don't now look it up here

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

It would be so cool to astro travel like to other planets but only if someone was with me because I don't like to travel alone the spaceship should go really fast though.

La Zona

Post by La Zona » Mon May 25, 2015 5:07 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
La Zona wrote:The past couple of nights I have been having very vivid dreams in which I know I am dreaming...so I can control the dreams. Most of the time I am flying a fighter jet like Tom Cruise in Top Gun...or sometimes a space ship like in Battle STar Gallactica or Star Wars. And my co-pilot is a sexy bikini model. Probably has something to do with the mask.
If you just recently started CPAP, you may be experiencing "REM Rebound". Before being treated with CPAP, you were unable to get sufficient REM sleep. Now you are getting an excess of REM and typically more dreams occur in REM that other stages. REM Rebound will eventually pass when your REM deficit is paid back.

The other possibility is that something is awakening you and you then have a vivid memory of the dream. Try this the next time you awaken from a vivid dream. Turn your CPAP off for just a second and then restart it and try to go back to sleep. The next day when you look at your daily detail data you can see where you awoke from the dream by looking for the short period where you had the machine off. If you had events just before the machine was turned off, it may be that the events are waking you.
ok thank you for the advice i dont think i am being awaken because i only wake up now after 8 or 9 hours of sleep since i am using my cpap but i remember so nice dreams

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon May 25, 2015 5:09 pm

La Zona wrote:
It would be so cool to astro travel like to other planets but only if someone was with me because I don't like to travel alone the spaceship should go really fast though.

You are from this planet...right?

La Zona

Post by La Zona » Mon May 25, 2015 5:19 pm

LSAT wrote:
La Zona wrote:

yes i am from here thats a silly question people deserve a nice dreams

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon May 25, 2015 5:55 pm

La Zona wrote:
LSAT wrote:
La Zona wrote:

People living in California should have nice dreams! No excuse not to.
Morbius, are you bored?

Sheffey

Post by Sheffey » Mon May 25, 2015 7:07 pm

La Zona wrote: i dont think i am being awaken because i only wake up now after 8 or 9 hours of sleep
That would be very rare or drug-induced. It is natural to awaken several times during the night. A "good sleeper" might fall back to sleep quickly and never remember the next morning that he had several awakenings.

But still, consider yourself blessed with good sleep.
Sheffey

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Sheffey wrote:
La Zona wrote: i dont think i am being awaken because i only wake up now after 8 or 9 hours of sleep
That would be very rare or drug-induced. It is natural to awaken several times during the night. A "good sleeper" might fall back to sleep quickly and never remember the next morning that he had several awakenings.

But still, consider yourself blessed with good sleep.
I sleep through the night and also sleep 8 to 10 hours. I don't take any drugs/meds to make me sleep or that cause sleepiness. Husband is the same way when he is not on the road. I guess we both have strong bladders.
Morbius, are you bored?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue May 26, 2015 6:25 am

cpaptotalcare wrote:dream stage
Your FAQ is not professionally done. The stages of sleep do not include a "dream stage". Humans dream in all stages of sleep.

49er

Post by 49er » Tue May 26, 2015 6:31 am

postitnote wrote:
La Zona wrote:
LSAT wrote:
La Zona wrote:

People living in California should have nice dreams! No excuse not to.
LOL as a non Californian. And by the way, that would apply double to folks in Hawaii.

49er

knothead

Post by knothead » Tue May 26, 2015 7:53 am

Dream all the time since starting cpap, if I could make a movie of all the stuff I have dreamed, there would be the greatest hunting video ever...