What is your AHI?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bwexler

Re: What is your AHI?

Post by bwexler » Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm

You neglected to include the leak chart in your post. It could reveal a lot about why you are having the clusters of OA.
Burying your face in the pillow could be dislodging the mask causing leaks. I did notice the OA comes in clusters along with a large rise in pressure which, to me, suggests leaks.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Last night my AHI was 6.9 which is the lowest I have ever seen, minimum pressure was 12. See below for leakage from a few nights ago and the pressure:

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:52 am

Does anyone think straight CPAP pressure would be better for me? My median pressure is about 13-14. I am also waking up in the middle of the night and I'm not sure if this is because the pressure is increasing due to apnea events and causing leakage. It seems like if I set a straight pressure of 15 or so this would help with this. Last night my AHI was 12.3 which is just ridiculous.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 26, 2015 10:17 am

It would really be helpful if when you post your report images you would include the AHI/Statistics on the left side of SleepyHead detailed daily reports and on the right side these graphs.
Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leak
Flow limitations (when using a Resmed machine)

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:30 am

I had my blood sugar tested at a Minute Clinic and the numbers were normal so I don't think I am diabetic.

Here are 3 days of reports, any suggestions or advice would be much apprecaited. Thanks!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 26, 2015 11:57 am

Your pressure increases seem to correspond to clusters of events. At times the pressure is sufficient and at times it is not sufficient. The 2 most common causes of pressure needs increasing are either supine sleeping or REM stage sleep or maybe a combination of both.
The pattern looks a lot like REM stage sleep pattern. The first REM stage sleep usually occurs around 90 minutes after sleep onset and as the night progresses REM stages will come around sooner and last longer.

I suspect that you are going to need at least 14 or 15 minimum if using APAP mode and might as well open up the maximum to further reduce those OAs.
If you are wanting to try cpap mode I think you are going to need 15 or 16 cm and I don't know if that will be enough to prevent whatever it is that is driving the pressure to 18 or 19 cm.

Now if you sleep primarily on your back you might be able to get by with less pressure but if you already primarily sleep on your side then that leaves REM as the possible culprit and not much we can do to prevent REM nor would we really want to.

I can't tell by these reports if you are using EPR or not but if you are using EPR say at 3 cm...you might be able to reduce the OAs by reducing or eliminating the EPR reduction.
Reducing or eliminating EPR will effectively increase the pressure some and more pressure is what is needed at times during the night for whatever the reason (supine sleep or REM sleep). Would reducing EPR (if used) be enough? I don't know and if you aren't using EPR now it is a moot point.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:13 pm

I currently have the lowest setting of EPR. I will adjust the minimum to 14 and max to 20. Thank you so much for your help!

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:19 am

AHI was 8.4 last night with minimum of 14 and max of 20. This is driving me nuts!!

One good thing is that I slept more deeply last night and had pretty vivid dreams that I can still remember. So it seems like I went into deep REM sleep.

kjell

Post by kjell » Wed May 27, 2015 9:06 am

I have AHI between 0.0 to 3.0 and most central apnea!

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:04 am

AHI was 8.0 last night.

Any suggestions or thoughts on what I should do? Should I try a straight CPAP instead of APAP? I don't know if this would even help.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 28, 2015 7:12 am

You have to keep increasing the pressure until the airway is held open better and thus the apnea events related to collapsing airway is better prevented..
No matter which mode you use..cpap or apap...it's going to take more pressure.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:34 am

Thanks I will raise the minimum to 15 and see if it helps.

bird dog

Post by bird dog » Fri May 29, 2015 9:42 am

New machine last first time. my AHI was 2,

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:37 am

I forgot to take my medication a few nights ago and my AHI was only 3.9. When I have been taking it like I should it has been around 7 - 8. Last night it was 7.8.

The medication is sublingual, which means it dissolves under my tongue, and I think it causes my throat and tongue to go numb. This is worsening my sleep apnea. The problem is my doctor does not want me to change this medications. Ugh.

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:53 am

joeljjk11 wrote:I forgot to take my medication a few nights ago and my AHI was only 3.9. When I have been taking it like I should it has been around 7 - 8. Last night it was 7.8.

The medication is sublingual, which means it dissolves under my tongue, and I think it causes my throat and tongue to go numb. This is worsening my sleep apnea. The problem is my doctor does not want me to change this medications. Ugh.
Hmm, you have every right to ask for an alternative if it is worsening your sleep apnea and you feel that changing pressures isn't helping at all. Remember, this doctor works for you, not the other day way around.

49er