CPAP Study: Win Amazon Giftcard!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Morbius

Re: CPAP Study: Win Amazon Giftcard!

Post by Morbius » Fri May 22, 2015 5:30 am

Stephanie.Schwenke wrote:If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
Do you have big cans?

Woody

Post by Woody » Fri May 22, 2015 6:11 am

Wow a chance to win a $ 10 gift card ! I am breathless waiting on the results .

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

kteague

Post by kteague » Sat May 23, 2015 1:17 am

Did the questions. Tried to do the sort sections and was so unclear how to apply the instructions to the questions I exited during the 3rd round knowing any conclusions including my input would be worthless.

Stephanie.Schwenke

Post by Stephanie.Schwenke » Sat May 23, 2015 12:11 pm

kteague wrote:Did the questions. Tried to do the sort sections and was so unclear how to apply the instructions to the questions I exited during the 3rd round knowing any conclusions including my input would be worthless.
Hi Kteague,

Thanks for your support. I'm sorry the instructions weren't clear! Could you tell me what was confusing? If you like you are welcome to try the survey again opting to skip the sorting task.

FERGIE

Post by FERGIE » Sat May 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Stephanie.Schwenke wrote: For my Master's Thesis at the University of Freiburg (Germany), I am studying CPAP Users' opinions about their machines. To this end I have created an online questionnaire that takes about 10 -20 minutes to complete. You can find it here: https://www.soscisurvey.de/CPAP_Thoughts/
I completed the questionnaire. It was simple to understand and complete. Good luck with your thesis.

(I play a lot of "brain training" games that are similar to the sorting part of the questionnaire. For those of you having trouble with the relevance of this sections, I believe it is just a word association survey. There are no right or wrong answers. I believe that Stephanie wants to see how participants respond to (or feel about) different adjectives and medical devices.)

Stephanie.Schwenke

Post by Stephanie.Schwenke » Sun May 24, 2015 12:44 am

FERGIE wrote:
I completed the questionnaire. It was simple to understand and complete. Good luck with your thesis.
Thanks Fergie, I really appreciate your support!

You're absolutely right about the word association, too. It's really just another way to help me understand your views

Stephanie.Schwenke

Post by Stephanie.Schwenke » Tue May 26, 2015 1:22 am

Thanks everyone who has already participated!

On another forum I got feedback that the education questions was bothersome to some participants. That question has been modified so that it is optional, if you quit because of it before, please feel free to try again.

Thank you again for your support!

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Tue May 26, 2015 6:05 am

Boy this is sure going to be a valid study.

I sure hope somebody doesn't flood the database with bogus answers...

Stephanie.Schwenke

Post by Stephanie.Schwenke » Tue May 26, 2015 8:43 am

Morbius wrote:Boy this is sure going to be a valid study.

I sure hope somebody doesn't flood the database with bogus answers...
Hi Morbius,

You're right, people giving false answers is always a danger with online studies. As a student researcher, online studies provide me the best possibility for reaching a broad demographic and I can only hope that people will respect the research intent and not try to game the system.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue May 26, 2015 9:19 am

The fact you keep making changes to your survey is an indication that perhaps you should rethink it from scratch and start over.

The premise that you can win a Amazon Giftcard is somewhat of a joke, and very spammy looking.

If the survey is valid, is easy to understand and relevant, you will get people to participate. Otherwise they will just quit in the middle or simply not bother.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Stephanie.Schwenke

Post by Stephanie.Schwenke » Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 am

Krelvin wrote:The fact you keep making changes to your survey is an indication that perhaps you should rethink it from scratch and start over.

The premise that you can win a Amazon Giftcard is somewhat of a joke, and very spammy looking.

If the survey is valid, is easy to understand and relevant, you will get people to participate. Otherwise they will just quit in the middle or simply not bother.
Hi Krelvin,

Thank you for your feedback. To clarify: I have adapted the manner in which the sorting task (implicit association test) portion of the survey is handled within the survey. The following questions haven't changed. The sorting task was adapted, because, while I am interested in looking at the convergence or divergence of implicit and explicit attitudes, I do not want one portion of the test to become a hindrance to the whole thing.

I am sorry that you feel the Amazon gift card to be a joke. My intent with the drawing is to offer some small thanks to the many people who've taken some time to respond to my questions and thus help me with my research.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Tue May 26, 2015 10:55 am

Stephanie.Schwenke wrote: I am sorry that you feel the Amazon gift card to be a joke. My intent with the drawing is to offer some small thanks to the many people who've taken some time to respond to my questions and thus help me with my research.
so just exactly how many gift cards do you plan on handing out?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue May 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Morbius wrote:
Stephanie.Schwenke wrote: I am sorry that you feel the Amazon gift card to be a joke. My intent with the drawing is to offer some small thanks to the many people who've taken some time to respond to my questions and thus help me with my research.
so just exactly how many gift cards do you plan on handing out?
Original posting seems to indicate you will be entered into a drawing for (an) one.
you're invited to enter a drawing for an Amazon Giftcard worth 10 dollars/euros (or other currency)
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Stephanie.Schwenke

Post by Stephanie.Schwenke » Tue May 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Details about the drawing are given on the first page of the survey. There are four gift cards, however, no one will be able to win more than one.

Stephanie.Schwenke

Post by Stephanie.Schwenke » Thu May 28, 2015 12:49 am

Thank you everyone who has participated thus far and left feedback for me. Your help has been immense!