nearly new ASV settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
StephenR

Re: nearly new ASV settings

Post by StephenR » Thu May 14, 2015 12:16 pm

palerider wrote:
StephenR wrote:lol...yes you did tell me...and don't I look good...

Still its early days...one day at a time...

I am forcing myself not to read the thread on the ResMed failed test...

I just could not go back to CPAP at this point...

Stephen
can I get in with a 'me too' on what pugsy said?

as to the resmed failed thing, that's apparently a particular subset of a particular condition, a type of congestive heart failure and csr... more details to follow, I'm sure.

that's a great looking chart.
Yes you told me too, lol...

I do not feel as fatigued as usual today, head feels a little strange, not used to oxygen,,,lol

thanks for the support...PR

Stephen

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Thu May 14, 2015 12:17 pm

HoseCrusher wrote:I love it when a plan comes together...

and it works (as expected).
yes, who would have guessed, not my 2 sleep docs that for sure...lol

Stephen

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 14, 2015 3:10 pm

HoseCrusher wrote:I love it when a plan comes together...

and it works (as expected).
it's kinda sad when we've gotten to the point where we're just tickled pink when something just simply works the way it's advertised.

I did a big upgrade on a project last night that I help out with, and the instructions were 'run these two comands"... first one set up a connection into a new automated distribution system, and the second activated it...

many pages of rapidly scrolling stuff later, it quit... I looked, all the parts seemed to be running, I told the programmers "poke it with a stick and see what kind of noise it makes" because I was suspicious that it was that easy.... but it was all good. gitlab omnibus rocks.

or that bondic I wrote about in another post, UV curing plastic... apply it, hit it with a UV light, cured in 4 seconds, repair stuff with it,... works just like they said, and well...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 14, 2015 3:18 pm

StephenR wrote:I do not feel as fatigued as usual today, head feels a little strange, not used to oxygen,,,lol

thanks for the support...PR
I'm looking forward to your feeling even better as time goes on.

you really can't go from this:

to this:

without feeling better!!!

note, after pasting in a link with IMG at the front and back, don't click the Img button, the double img tages keep it from working

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Thu May 14, 2015 8:53 pm

StephenR wrote:all I can say is I am shocked and amazed...in a good way...

first night...

did reduce EPAP tp 6.6, 8 was just too much...lol

[img][IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/s ... 44wdu0.jpg[/img][/img]

Stephen
Congrats Stephan! Glad to see this finally work out for you, even if it required you to disregard the doctors, DME and everyone paid to make you better. You followed your own road and won. It's a shame on the professionals in your area.

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Fri May 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Another great set of data...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/s ... fkghbb.jpg

I have a headache, slightly worse than yesterday, my eyes hurt and are quite dry, and when the machine was really pumping the pressure
air came out of my mouth, waking me. I know this is a radical improvement, but am wondering if I should reduce the max PS
down to 10, any thoughts??

Stephen

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri May 15, 2015 5:04 pm

StephenR wrote:Another great set of data...

I have a headache, slightly worse than yesterday, my eyes hurt and are quite dry, and when the machine was really pumping the pressure
air came out of my mouth, waking me. I know this is a radical improvement, but am wondering if I should reduce the max PS
the PS is what allows it to overcome your centrals, if you hogtie the machine, it'll just sit there and look at you, helplessly.

feel free to give it a try, but don't be surprised if it's less effective.

also, be aware that it only gets to the high pressures when you aren't inhaling on your own, and it only gets a breath at a time, not continuously like the apap

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Fri May 15, 2015 5:25 pm

palerider wrote:
StephenR wrote:Another great set of data...

the PS is what allows it to overcome your centrals, if you hogtie the machine, it'll just sit there and look at you, helplessly.

feel free to give it a try, but don't be surprised if it's less effective.

also, be aware that it only gets to the high pressures when you aren't inhaling on your own, and it only gets a breath at a time, not continuously like the apap
Ahh, OK....thanks for that...

Stephen

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 pm

hello...

an update:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/s ... zvajef.jpg

and a question...

I am thinking now that I have taken the lovely Autoset back to the DME hat I would like a back up machine,
I am thinking of getting the model up from the one I have, the 36037, or am I being crazy because of the extra oxygen...lol

Feeling a bit rocky today, I know it will take time to feel better and at least I sleep most of the night now, no tossing and turning, or bathroom breaks,
it is pretty awesome. My wife can't quite believe the difference between CPAP and the ASV...

I am having some mask issues, am playing with two pillow masks at present and have a Mirage FX nasal mask on the way to try...

Thanks again for all the support...

Stephen

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 19, 2015 3:53 pm

StephenR wrote:hello...

an update:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/s ... zvajef.jpg

and a question...

I am thinking now that I have taken the lovely Autoset back to the DME hat I would like a back up machine,
I am thinking of getting the model up from the one I have, the 36037, or am I being crazy because of the extra oxygen...lol
doesn't sound crazy at all... either that, or an aircurve 10 asv.

rance22

Post by rance22 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:48 pm

I have been on the 30037 the last 2 nights and it's been amazing.
My ahi last 2 nights have been 1.8 and 1.4.
I was usually averaging 20 ahi.
No luck with cpap Bipap or bipap s/t.
My brain has felt pretty fuzzy but I think because it's working ...lots of o2. I'm expecting at least a month to stabilize.
Machine is awesome and the dme didn't set anything all auto.
Pretty amazing tecnology. My idea is to Just trust it and get out of its way.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 19, 2015 8:32 pm

StephenR wrote:I am thinking of getting the model up from the one I have, the 36037, or am I being crazy because of the extra oxygen...lol
You might like that little extra function that the 36037 offers for the EPAP min and max settings.
I have it available on my 960 but I can't see that it is doing anything out of the ordinary when compared to the way the 36007 did without it. There is probably a time and a place where having that feature is a great boon for someone but I haven't been able to come up with a scenario where it might get to shine.
Since I am always a fan of the "latest and greastest" I think my next ResMed ASV will be the new AirCurve VAuto just so I can say I have the latest.

So I have the 960 that works sort of like the Resmed 36037, and if I get some money ahead to the point that I can get the AirCurve I think my next target machine would be the AirCurve 10 ASV. It will be a little while until it filters down to the secondary market with a price point that I can work with.
I just have the curiosity itch about the new model.

I need to find someone selling on that doesn't know what it is and is happy with $300....fat chance that happening any time soon.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Fri May 22, 2015 5:14 pm

It has been a week of ASV, after stopping CPAP. Leaks were a bit of a propblem, I have had to abandon the P10, ..I have a small head and well with ASV pressure it just did not work for me..

Trying the Nuance pro pillow and the Mirage FX nasal masks, the nasal mask is very good on leaks and is so quiet, if I can tame the slight bruising around the nose I might have a winner. The Nuance is good, it stays in place, mostly, and is now my pillow back up.

One thing that has been a surprise, I got a small ear infection, and did not at first link it to the ASV. Then today I was reading the clinician manual again and there it was in side effects, ear infections and even eye irritation which I had the first few nights. I have reduced pressure a little to ease the ears into therapy.

I am very happy with the data from ASV, not a whole lot of energy yet, but way better than on CPAP and no xPAP at all. Sleeping mostly through the night, no snoring or restless legs.

Last night I had an AHI of 1.8, 1.03 Hyp, 0.77 unclassified apneas...so pretty good...

Not going to say this is a success yet, I have a couple of respiratory tests to do, and a visit with my first sleep doc to get my results from way back last fall...don't ask, its Canada...lol

Bye for now..

Stephen
Last edited by StephenR on Fri May 22, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri May 22, 2015 5:56 pm

StephenR wrote:It has been a week of ASV, after stopping CPAP. Leaks were a bit of a propblem, I have had to abandon the P10, ..I have a small head and well with ASV pressure it just did not work for me..
tie a knot in the headgear to take up slack (or something similar)[/quote]

StephenR

Post by StephenR » Fri May 22, 2015 8:04 pm

palerider wrote:
StephenR wrote:It has been a week of ASV, after stopping CPAP. Leaks were a bit of a propblem, I have had to abandon the P10, ..I have a small head and well with ASV pressure it just did not work for me..
tie a knot in the headgear to take up slack (or something similar)
[/quote]

you know that is so helpful PR...lol

Stephen