I've entered a new chapter it seems.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yaconsult

Re: I've entered a new chapter it seems.

Post by yaconsult » Tue May 05, 2015 11:18 am

RogerSC wrote:Speaking of the blue light from computer monitors, with my Windows 8.1 desktop computer I use a free program called "f.lux". It automatically changes my monitor's light "temperature" at "sunset" to night time levels (less blue light), and then puts it back in the morning to daytime (sunlight) levels. I find it more relaxing to my eyes during my pre-sleep web surfing, if nothing else. If the blue light affecting sleep theory is actually valid, then it helps in that area, as well. I think it has been of some help in my sleep, but it's hard to tell. I think that they have a Mac version as well, but I don't have a Mac, so I haven't had to actually use it. For something like an iPad, you'd need to actually put a blue light filter over the screen if you wanted to try that out.

I usually go and use my desktop computer for a while before I go to bed, as well, and find the reduced lighting from f.lux to be nice and cozy *smile*.
Thanks for this tip! I'm now using this on my computers and I found a similar opensource program for linux called Redshift that resolves some issues with f.lux's linux version.

robysue

Post by robysue » Tue May 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Noctuary wrote: Last night I spent two hours reading my tablet. I slept okay and I feel far better than yesterday. I knew this would happen as well. Tomorrow I will feel like crap.
How do you already KNOW that you're going to sleep badly tonight and hence feel like crap tomorrow?

In other words, if you know before you go to bed on Tuesday night that you're going to feel lousy on Wednesday, is there a chance that part of feeling lousy on Wednesday turns out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy?

ems

Post by ems » Tue May 05, 2015 10:40 pm

RogerSC wrote:Speaking of the blue light from computer monitors, with my Windows 8.1 desktop computer I use a free program called "f.lux". It automatically changes my monitor's light "temperature" at "sunset" to night time levels (less blue light), and then puts it back in the morning to daytime (sunlight) levels. I find it more relaxing to my eyes during my pre-sleep web surfing, if nothing else.
Thanks for reminding me about f.lux. I just got a new laptop and forgot to install it. I just did and find it more relaxing to my eyes as well.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed May 06, 2015 10:12 am

The last time you used your ResMed AutoSet...
was last night (on Tuesday, May 05, 2015)
You had an AHI of 3.77, which is considered technically "treated"
You machine was on for 7 hours, 25 minutes and 8 seconds.
You had a small but acceptable amount of major mask leakage.
Your pressure was under 16.68cmH2O for 95% of the time.

Mask: Flexifit 407

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed May 06, 2015 11:07 am

robysue wrote:
Noctuary wrote: Last night I spent two hours reading my tablet. I slept okay and I feel far better than yesterday. I knew this would happen as well. Tomorrow I will feel like crap.
How do you already KNOW that you're going to sleep badly tonight and hence feel like crap tomorrow?

In other words, if you know before you go to bed on Tuesday night that you're going to feel lousy on Wednesday, is there a chance that part of feeling lousy on Wednesday turns out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy?
Its been a noticeable pattern. One day I feel refreshed, but fatigued. The next I feel unrefreshed and wired. The only exceptions are those days like today where I didn't get enough hours sleep and feel sleepy. Or those rare two days a month where I actually feel good.

Raheel

Post by Raheel » Wed May 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Dear Noctuary, I have this same issue as yours to deal with on a daily basis. In the beginning I had no problem. I am using CPAP since five months. I had asked the same question here and got to know my problem. It is anxiety. Some great advise form people here on this forum helped me to slowly overcome this terrible mess. I hope you too will.

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Wed May 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Raheel wrote:Dear Noctuary, I have this same issue as yours to deal with on a daily basis. In the beginning I had no problem. I am using CPAP since five months. I had asked the same question here and got to know my problem. It is anxiety. Some great advise form people here on this forum helped me to slowly overcome this terrible mess. I hope you too will.
Its not anxiety. This experience of feeling refreshed but fatigued one day then unrefreshed the next day was occurring before I got the CPAP. Its just less pronounced now.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Sun May 10, 2015 9:28 am

Noctuary wrote:I've been depressed all my life but have mostly slept well.
Noctuary wrote:I've looked at sleep hygiene and I already do all those things. The reason I stayed in bed 10 hours is because I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple hours.
Noctuary wrote:Its not anxiety.