Another Useless Poll....Humidity Preferences

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

What is your xpap humidity preference?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:33 pm

I go commando...don't even attach the humidifier to my machine.
8%
I prefer "passover" humidity...water in the chamber but no added heat.
6%
I prefer just a little humidity added...setting of 1
1%
I prefer just a little bit more than the minimal...setting of 2
18%
I prefer middle of the road humidity added...setting of 3
12%
I prefer just a little more than middle of the road....setting of 4
9%
I prefer a lot of moisture...setting of 5 or higher
16%
I prefer to use the heated hose delivery on my machine 70% (Respironics setting of 1)
5%
I prefer to use the heated hose delivery on my machine 80% (Respironics setting of 2 & ResMed Automatic)
16%
I prefer to use the heated hose delivery on my machine 90% (Respironics setting of 3)
8%

Total votes: 99

Pugsy

Another Useless Poll....Humidity Preferences

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 02, 2015 11:33 pm

Vote if you want to and don't vote if you don't want to. Yes, I know some of you think polls are all totally useless but you don't have to participate if you don't want to.

I have been curious as to how the humidity use trended. I realize I probably missed someone's situation but I am limited to 10 choices so I tried to cover as many bases as I could.
I did set it to allow 2 choices for those that sometimes use humidity and sometimes don't or maybe they use more in one season or less in another.

I also limited it to 90 days so 5 years from now it won't be something that can be raised from the dead just by voting.

Those of you with the PR System One heated hose humidification remember the humidity setting (1, 2, or 3) is in the clinical setup menu and the temperature is what the 1 through 5 settings are on the blower.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Re: Another Useless Poll....Humidity Preferences

Post by Julie » Sun May 03, 2015 4:38 am

I'd like to suggest another answer - 'do you only use humidity on occasion, e.g. in winter when central heating makes homes very dry'? I might have ticked that one rather than the commando thing if it had been available.
Last edited by Julie on Sun May 03, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Sun May 03, 2015 5:01 am

I live in the Ohio valley where humidity is high. In the winter I crank everything up full throttle and add a room humidifier on top of that!

mralaska

Post by mralaska » Sun May 03, 2015 5:33 am

I run at 2 just because I heard it has health benefits to keep the sinuses moist. I couldn't smell any humidity even at 3 so I turned the climate control (System One humidification) off after which I still could feel no difference but it made the mask and hose wet so I guess it is working. For the occasional nap when the tank is on the drying rack I will go commando just out of laziness. I really need to remember to turn climate control back on also.

EDIT: I forgot to add. You may need to leave this topic open longer than 90 days because I need enough time to save up for a heated hose and change my answer.

Do not believe a word I say until Pugsy or PaleRider has had a chance to review!

Cheers,
Paul

SleepDisturbed

Post by SleepDisturbed » Sun May 03, 2015 5:42 am

I don't mind answering polls, but I don't answer poles.

What I lack in verbosity, I make up in brevity.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun May 03, 2015 6:49 am

I selected that I set mine to 2, but I do that because any higher, I get rainout and end up with water dripping on my nose all night. I would prefer MORE moisture, but a setting of 1.5 - 2 (possible on the standalone humidifiers) works the best.

tazman

Post by tazman » Sun May 03, 2015 7:42 am

I am at 5 right now but I am thinking of trying something higher my nose is still not 100% happy.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 03, 2015 7:46 am

Julie wrote:I'd like to suggest another answer - 'do you only use humidity on occasion, e.g. in winter when central heating makes homes very dry'? I might have ticked that one rather than the commando thing if it had been available.
The poll limits me to 10 choices so I had no room for a separate choice for those that switch like you do without losing one of the other choices ....so that's why I allowed 2 choices. You can choose commando and the setting for when you do use a humidifier.

I really would like to have made it even more comprehensive but I couldn't with the poll only allowing 10 choices unless I did 2 separate polls.

I knew I was likely going to miss something but will the polls limits they way they are I couldn't prevent it.
Madalot wrote:I selected that I set mine to 2, but I do that because any higher, I get rainout and end up with water dripping on my nose all night. I would prefer MORE moisture, but a setting of 1.5 - 2 (possible on the standalone humidifiers) works the best.
What about a stand alone heated hose? Like the hybernite? If I can find one would you try it?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 03, 2015 7:50 am

I think if I change the time frame for the poll or anything else then I will lose all the responses so far.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 03, 2015 7:53 am

M'ohms wrote:I live in the Ohio valley where humidity is high. In the winter I crank everything up full throttle and add a room humidifier on top of that!
Here in southern Missouri our humidity is more like the hot steamy south and I still use maximum humidity available but I haven't added a room humidifier........yet.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun May 03, 2015 8:27 am

Pugsy wrote:
Madalot wrote:I selected that I set mine to 2, but I do that because any higher, I get rainout and end up with water dripping on my nose all night. I would prefer MORE moisture, but a setting of 1.5 - 2 (possible on the standalone humidifiers) works the best.
What about a stand alone heated hose? Like the hybernite? If I can find one would you try it?
Can I use a heated hose with the Trilogy?? I have a short, 24" hose from the Trilogy to the water tank, then my REGULAR, 6' hose from the water tank to the mask. What would the setup be on that??

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun May 03, 2015 8:37 am

Madalot wrote:Can I use a heated hose with the Trilogy?? I have a short, 24" hose from the Trilogy to the water tank, then my REGULAR, 6' hose from the water tank to the mask. What would the setup be on that??
I don't know why you couldn't. The stand alone heated hose would just replace your 6 ft hose in your existing set up and the only potential drawback would be the little bit of power source cord and need for another plug in to be used for the power brick down where the hose comes out of the water tank.

I have personal experience with the Hybernite 2300...and it worked great that winter I got it. This was before I got a heated hose machine and the best money I have ever spent for something like that. You know me...winter and my maximum humidity preference and the icebox of a bedroom...rain out city. The hybernite totally fixed that annoyance.
Let me see if I can find one somewhere for you to try.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sun May 03, 2015 8:44 am

I'm still trying to figure it all out. I lived without it for so long I'm not sure what to set it at yet.
Morbius, are you bored?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun May 03, 2015 8:45 am

The Resmed Auto seems fine for me, anytime.
I adjust the hose temperature a couple of times a year.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun May 03, 2015 8:48 am

Pugsy wrote:
Madalot wrote:Can I use a heated hose with the Trilogy?? I have a short, 24" hose from the Trilogy to the water tank, then my REGULAR, 6' hose from the water tank to the mask. What would the setup be on that??
I don't know why you couldn't. The stand alone heated hose would just replace your 6 ft hose in your existing set up and the only potential drawback would be the little bit of power source cord and need for another plug in to be used for the power brick down where the hose comes out of the water tank.

I have personal experience with the Hybernite 2300...and it worked great that winter I got it. This was before I got a heated hose machine and the best money I have ever spent for something like that. You know me...winter and my maximum humidity preference and the icebox of a bedroom...rain out city. The hybernite totally fixed that annoyance.
Let me see if I can find one somewhere for you to try.
You're so sweet, Pugsy. Is it something I can just buy myself? I hate for you to go to the trouble....