Behavior in this Forum

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tatooed Lady

Re: Behavior in this Forum

Post by Tatooed Lady » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:29 am

I find it amusing that most of the people who scream about "bullies" here have proven themselves quite adequate at bullying, themselves. And you will find groups of likeminded thinkers wherever you go, burns. You can call it a clique and stomp your foot because you weren't asked to play in that sandbox, if it makes you feel better. We aren't sheep or lemmings, mostly. There will be sparring, disagreements, etc. There is no moderating because we should be able to find a middleground, assuming we weren't coddled with the whole "No 1st place ribbon, because EVERYONE is a winner!!" thing. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. Suck it up and move on.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

Susie Kay

Post by Susie Kay » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:17 am

Tatooed Lady wrote:I find it amusing that most of the people who scream about "bullies" here have proven themselves quite adequate at bullying, themselves.
Tatooed Lady, I am glad you said that. This thread was so puzzling because I had noticed the same thing.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:33 am

Threads like this get 185 comments.

Important ("relevant") stuff (like the appearance of the new Amara View mask) get 13.

The Mob rules...

Susie Kay

Post by Susie Kay » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:13 am

Morbius wrote:Important ("relevant") stuff (like the appearance of the new Amara View mask)
Thank you! I am looking at the video now!

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:14 am

And always remember - the con artist is the nicest, sweetest, most polite person who really, REALLY understands you, whom you will ever meet. They will walk off with all you value but they were nice and polite while they did it.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:50 am

Some threads are almost humorous. Some people seem to be unable to let the last word be someone else's and end up sabotaging their own threads with a bunch of non-topic related stuff.

There is a perfect example of this going on right now. Don't need to mention which topics are effected as they are very obvious.

This is why in some cases a forum is a poor medium for details about a subject since the thread many times gets hijacked by others talking about nothing actually related to the thread topic at all. This is true even for highly technical forums with moderation.

This makes using the forum for reference hard for someone just joining in. They have to read through tons of stuff including incorrect data along with the good data.

One of the reasons why I created the resource pages, since you can keep updated information on the web without distractions of mindless content that goes on endlessly and update it when new information comes along.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:06 am

Morbius wrote:Threads like this get 185 comments.

Important ("relevant") stuff (like the appearance of the new Amara View mask) get 13.

The Mob rules...
that's because it's simple, and direct, and doesn't lend itself to discussion. do you really want 185 comments of 'oh, look, a new mask' tagged onto the end of it? that would detract from the clarity and usefulness of the thread, don't you think?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:18 am

after the 1st few good comments about a new mask, it will be inundated with "the one I have used for XX years works much better & I rarely clean it"

palerider wrote:
Morbius wrote:Threads like this get 185 comments.

The Mob rules...
that's because it's simple, and direct, and doesn't lend itself to discussion. do you really want 185 comments of 'oh, look, a new mask' tagged onto the end of it? that would detract from the clarity and usefulness of the thread, don't you think?

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Noctuary

Post by Noctuary » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:08 pm

One does have to be circumspect when posting here.

Mask: Flexifit 407

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:45 pm

palerider wrote:...do you really want 185 comments of 'oh, look, a new mask' tagged onto the end of it? that would detract from the clarity and usefulness of the thread, don't you think?
But the point is not necessarily that a new mask needs 191 comments.

It is that one really doesn't need to hear "Boy! The behavior is really bad here!" more than...

...once.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:59 pm

Morbius wrote:
palerider wrote:...do you really want 185 comments of 'oh, look, a new mask' tagged onto the end of it? that would detract from the clarity and usefulness of the thread, don't you think?
But the point is not necessarily that a new mask needs 191 comments.

It is that one really doesn't need to hear "Boy! The behavior is really bad here!" more than...

...once.
some folks LOOOOVE a dead horse.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Papit

Post by Papit » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 am

Morbius wrote:
Papit wrote:Hi Morbius. I tried to send this by pm but pm-ing to you seems to be disabled so I’ll post it here.

I’ve heard some great comments about you privately. And it's clear that you make really good contributions online. This thread about “foes” though, while funny and amusing in some ways, can also be upsetting and divisive. It very likely also leaves a bad impression with newbies and might drive some away.

So I don't mind being the first to ask you to consider perhaps, right now, adding a final comment about deleting the whole thread, maybe waiting 24 hours for responses, and then canning it.

Make sense at this point?
Sure.

A big change from before:
Papit wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote:There should be another box... this list is NOT HELPFUL.
True! But I'm hurt anyway! I want to be on it! (I think.)
BTW I do love the "Morbius you're fantastic but" approach. First time I ever heard that.

It seems you agreed above, Mobius, to get with Carolyn and ask her to remove your "Foes" thread. It's time. So how about it? And, yes, you have a point. I'm not proud of wanting 'to belong' and be in it.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:25 am

Papit wrote:It seems you agreed above, Mobius, to get with Carolyn and ask her to remove your "Foes" thread.
No, I agreed that your comment made sense-- the poll was
Papit wrote: funny and amusing
until you got on it.

NBD-- you want off, you're off.

Susie Kay

Post by Susie Kay » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:31 am

What I observed so far is Papit causes a lot of trouble and has never made any good contribution to the forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:39 am

OK he's back in the poll. I'll take out CF cause the only reason I put her in there was she's a good sport (and a control-- EVERYBODY likes CF, but the rationale is not as obvious if say I put in Dori. Anyway, if I subtract CF's score from everybody else, I now get a score that would tend to remove those people who picked everybody just for laughs).