oximeter readings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mralaska

Re: oximeter readings

Post by mralaska » Sun May 03, 2015 6:02 am

I have empirical evidence that normal for women is higher than normal for men but I have found no respected source that would corroborate such findings.

When my readings initially showed 95 I was concerned so I went to the bar and tried it on. Soon enough the other men in the bar were giving it a try and they were all 95 also (even the guy with the 60 pulse rate) so I decided my machine was calibrated wrong and figured to add 5 in my head to help me sleep better.

Then the women started asking to try it out. At first my empirical evidence suggested they were all dead because their tiny fingers could not get a reading, but once they discovered it would read their thumb they all had readings of 98-99. Bear in mind this was a remote bar in NH so the available pool of women hanging around with old guys who talk about such exciting subjects was not as large as one might find in a more urban area.

Mine is currently centered around 95 ranging mostly from 90-99 which I have read puts me in normal range half the time and low-normal range the other half.

Do not believe a word I say until Pugsy or PaleRider has had a chance to review!

Cheers,
Paul