First night with CPAP - Full face mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tedburnsIII

Re: First night with CPAP - Full face mask

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat May 02, 2015 1:32 pm

FranckDG wrote:It's this one: http://www.amazon.com/SlumberBump-Snore ... ump+pillow

Be aware that they have different sizes!
Ok, thanks.
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat May 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Hmmm... experience of advice...

Pugsy

tedburnsIII

Someone with almost 30k more posts and on the forum 7 years compared with someone with less than 200 posts who has been here 2 months and is a new CPAP user himself and posts controversial material, polls etc.
tedburnsIII wrote:You won't be hearing much if anything from me in the future. I have better things to do with my time.
Apparently he is bored.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat May 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Krelvin wrote:Hmmm... experience of advice...

Pugsy

tedburnsIII

Someone with almost 30k more posts and on the forum 7 years compared with someone with less than 200 posts who has been here 2 months and is a new CPAP user himself and posts controversial material, polls etc.
tedburnsIII wrote:You won't be hearing much if anything from me in the future. I have better things to do with my time.
Apparently he is bored.

So, apparently I have to get 30k posts to have anything to say, you creep! Where does that leave you, Krelvin?

Die already, would you please?

You will find for yourself, Franck, there are certain veterans on here who are simply nasty and rude and may suffer from personality disorders. Sorry to have to mention it to you but here is an example.

He does not cite one thing that I stated as being improper or incorrect. These are personal attacks. Watch out for these creeps, Franck!

You have no idea, Franck! Read a thread entitled 'Should this be a 'Sticky' and you will get a clear picture. Perhaps it may explain what may seem to be my over-reaction to
his puerile remarks. Oh, yeah, yet another- "Kindly respond to this Anonymous Poll' thread. Creeps.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Sat May 02, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:Die already, would you please?

You will find for yourself, Franck, there are certain veterans on here who are simply nasty and rude and may suffer from personality disorders. Sorry to have to mention it to you but here is an example.

He does not cite one thing that I stated as being improper or incorrect. These are personal attacks. Watch out for these creeps, Franck!

You have no idea, Franck! Read a thread entitled 'should this be a 'Sticky' and you will get a clear picture.
I'm sure that Franck will come to his conclusion as to who knows things around here, and who has a hugely overinflated opinion of the worth of their posts, and well as having a hugely nasty attitude towards anybody that doesn't agree with them.

yes, reading through that thread shows how ted turns on everybody, even pugsy... who is unquestionably one of the nicest, and most knowledgeable people here.

here's the thread in question, so you don't have to go searching for it. viewtopic/t105334/Should-this-become-a-Sticky.html also note, as quoted above, ted has promised to go away and quit harassing us... something he's made into a lie.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat May 02, 2015 2:39 pm

palerider wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:Die already, would you please?

You have no idea, Franck! Read a thread entitled 'should this be a 'Sticky' and you will get a clear picture.
I'm sure that Franck will come to his conclusion as to who knows things around here, and who has a hugely overinflated opinion of the worth of their posts, and well as having a hugely nasty attitude towards anybody that doesn't agree with them.

yes, reading through that thread shows how ted turns on everybody, even pugsy... who is unquestionably one of the nicest, and most knowledgeable people here.

here's the thread in question, so you don't have to go searching for it. viewtopic/t105334/Should-this-become-a-Sticky.html also note, as quoted above, ted has promised to go away and quit harassing us... something he's made into a lie.
Watch out for this 'palerider'. He is one of the worst. Believe me. Stick around and look at his posts. He is always attacking someone personally. And I never seem to attack first. It's always certain and predictable veterans that are nasty, crude and despicable, especially if you have an opinion or post something that you believe might be of value, etc.

Franck, notice when the attacks occurred in this very thread right here. That is the pattern. I never said anything foul or negative to you about any of these creeps. Look who started things here. That is the pattern, the modus operandi for these misfits. They have nothing better to do.

And stop trying to create a 'wedge' between me and Pugsy, Mr. 'palerider'... Another of your distorted, delusional fantasies. I have no problem with Pugsy-stop trying to create one you moron!

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sat May 02, 2015 3:03 pm

My Dad had a very good saying for people like ted....... "Experts are those that have lots of first hand practical knowledge.. but... those that have little knowledge can still "think" that they are experts and are NOT.. Or to put it better "small brain, big ego"
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat May 02, 2015 3:07 pm

nanwilson wrote:My Dad had a very good saying for people like ted....... "Experts are those that have lots of first hand practical knowledge.. but... those that have little knowledge can still "think" that they are experts and are NOT.. Or to put it better "small brain, big ego"
Cheers
Nan
I've never held myself out to be an expert, what are you talking about, despicable troll?

Are you an expert because you have 2900 posts? Does that make you an expert?

Why don't some of you just shut your big mouths? You are ruining the thread. This is an embarassment and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I see y'all as nasty troll creatures as 'The Walking Dead', bit of a nuisance.

Sorry, Franck, but they seem to be this way to other newbies, especially. Watch out for them.

And, Franck, there is a REASON that I did not give you a warm welcome to this forum. It has been an unpleasant experience in this unmoderated forum. Wish there were moderators here.

Get what you need, though, you will learn a lot. It's just a bit much dealing with some of the nasty people on here, and there are quite a few.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Sat May 02, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 3:35 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:Watch out for this 'palerider'. He is one of the worst. Believe me. Stick around and look at his posts. He is always attacking someone personally. And I never seem to attack first. It's always certain and predictable veterans that are nasty, crude and despicable, especially if you have an opinion or post something that you believe might be of value, etc.

Franck, notice when the attacks occurred in this very thread right here. That is the pattern. I never said anything foul or negative to you about any of these creeps. Look who started things here. That is the pattern, the modus operandi for these misfits. They have nothing better to do.

And stop trying to create a 'wedge' between me and Pugsy, Mr. 'palerider'... Another of your distorted, delusional fantasies. I have no problem with Pugsy-stop trying to create one you moron!
I do tend to point out when people do apparently stupid things, many people say "oh, that was stupid, I've learned something and improved myself" Ted, on the other hand, when people point out something stupid he did, he tells them to "Die already, would you please?" and, many here have pointed out stupid things he's said... and universally, the reaction is venomous, never a "well, you might be right, I'm new, I should learn"

first he said, of pugsy "does not have the courage to come to my defense" and then after pugsy pointed out that she thought the study he referred to was 'crap', he said
TedBurnsIII wrote:Fine, I do not believe that it is crap. And when I contact U of MD medical center perhaps they will retract it if it is no longer considered accurate, or perhaps they may comment here in this thread, and sick their lawyers on y'all for besmirching the reputations of its authors.
surely, a REASONABLE response, eh?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 3:36 pm

nanwilson wrote:My Dad had a very good saying for people like ted....... "Experts are those that have lots of first hand practical knowledge.. but... those that have little knowledge can still "think" that they are experts and are NOT.. Or to put it better "small brain, big ego"
Cheers
Nan
you've once again shown your wisdom and perceptiveness, Nan.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat May 02, 2015 3:41 pm

palerider wrote:
You can share your wisdom and 'perceptiveness' in the 'sanitarium' where y'all belong.

Get out the popcorn...but SORRY, I won't be staying for the second inning. I've done my part here.

Good day!

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat May 02, 2015 3:54 pm

palerider wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:Watch out for this 'palerider'. He is one of the worst. Believe me. Stick around and look at his posts. He is always attacking someone personally. And I never seem to attack first. It's always certain and predictable veterans that are nasty, crude and despicable, especially if you have an opinion or post something that you believe might be of value, etc.

I do tend to point out when people do apparently stupid things, many people say "oh, that was stupid, I've learned something and improved myself" Ted, on the other hand, when people point out something stupid he did, he tells them to "Die already, would you please?" and, many here have pointed out stupid things he's said... and universally, the reaction is venomous, never a "well, you might be right, I'm new, I should learn"

first he said, of pugsy "does not have the courage to come to my defense" and then after pugsy pointed out that she thought the study he referred to was 'crap', he said
TedBurnsIII wrote:Fine, I do not believe that it is crap. And when I contact U of MD medical center perhaps they will retract it if it is no longer considered accurate, or perhaps they may comment here in this thread, and sick their lawyers on y'all for besmirching the reputations of its authors.
surely, a REASONABLE response, eh?
You are the 'egoist' palerider. That is plain to see. And you also mischaracterize the facts and try to act as a wedge, and get people upset.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat May 02, 2015 4:12 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:You can share your wisdom and 'perceptiveness' in the 'sanitarium' where y'all belong.
Ted Burns you are ridiculous.

I am a newbie, starting late November.
I read the forum threads frequently and I know that Palerider, Krelvin, and Pugsy are three of many great experts on this forum who generously volunteer their time and I do read everything they have to say because I do want to learn.

Ted, for some reason you seem to be trying to drive a wedge between people and your posts are far too negative to read.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 4:33 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:
palerider wrote:
You can share your wisdom and 'perceptiveness' in the 'sanitarium' where y'all belong.

Get out the popcorn...but SORRY, I won't be staying for the second inning. I've done my part here.

Good day!
promises, promises, promises....

and then he goes on to post more nasty things.

Last edited by palerider on Sat May 02, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat May 02, 2015 4:36 pm

All these posts are off-topic. I swear that you would rather mess up a thread with a newbie than try to give him helpful advice.

NONE of you in this area, including Pugsy, would qualify as an expert in a court of law. Just remember that.

And I have thanked her and many others here for their input and guidance. But we are on an equal footing unless some of you are licensed to
practice in the respective areas. I'd listen more to such a person than some individual who has as the only scientific evidence their own experience posting on a forum.
That is only anecdotal but it is indeed revelatory and helpful, but not expert, not from any of you.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Sat May 02, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt00926

Post by Matt00926 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:36 pm

I feel your pain OP. I am prescribed a fixed pressure of 19/4 because of excessive nocturnal hypoventilation. My sleep quality has been awful all week. I accidentally passed out last night without putting my mask on and I slept for 11 straight hours.
Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus FFM