KINDLY RESPOND TO THIS ANONYMOUS POLL

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Is your CURRENT BMI 25 or above?

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 4:36 pm

NO, my BMI is less than 18.5 and I am in the UNDERWEIGHT category.
21%
NO, my BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range and I am in the NORMAL WEIGHT category.
25%
YES, my BMI is in the 25.0 to 29.9 range and I am in the OVERWEIGHT category.
25%
YES, my BMI is in the 30.0 and above range and I am in the OBESE category.
30%

Total votes: 57

Morbius

Re: KINDLY RESPOND TO THIS ANONYMOUS POLL

Post by Morbius » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:20 pm

The forum has turned into a Planters can...

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Check my numbers on the NSA, they track all my vital numbers. Polls are in general stupid wastes of time, as is yours. What's next you want our neck size, be sure to specify before or after the noose tightens. jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Papit

Post by Papit » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:29 pm

candlegirl76 wrote:Interesting thing - I used to be in the obese category 2 years ago but my OSA seems to have gotten worse when I got down into the average category and I am currently in the overweight slot and working on getting back down into the average range! I have two very fit brothers with OSA and 3 overweight/obese brothers with it, too. So OSA really doesn't care what weight you are!
Actually, candlegirl, overweight is considered to be a serious contributing factor to the problem of sleep apnea in very overweight people. I was at a lecture given recently by a sleep doc who mentioned that there was no real cure for apnea, except for one. In the case of very overweight patients, she said that significant reduction of weight is a potential cure if the obesity was the primary or sole cause. In your situation there may be additional contributing causes. Heredity, for one, seems to be involved. In any case, best of luck in getting your weight back down. It's worth the effort.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 pm

What about those of us who were not overweight when the sleep apnea started? We now know that sleep apnea can cause weight gain, so cause and effect is not always easy to determine. There are skinny people with sleep apnea, athletes with sleep apnea, babies with sleep apnea.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:26 pm

LSAT wrote:As of now...226 people viewed this Poll and only 10 responded...No one cares
Perhaps by not voting some people are only harming the credibility of the poll in order to align it with their own self-fulfilling prophecy.

Or perhaps they don't want to deal with the weight issues that it raises. I don't know. I am not a mind reader.

Please note that I've come back here to view the poll on numerous occasions and those numerous visits may have counted in the 226 VIEWS.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Morbius wrote:The forum has turned into a Planters can...

The 'nuts' are those who choose not to vote, they are spoilers. Have you cast your vote, Moribus?

What makes you so afraid to vote?

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Goofproof wrote:Check my numbers on the NSA, they track all my vital numbers. Polls are in general stupid wastes of time, as is yours. What's next you want our neck size, be sure to specify before or after the noose tightens. jim
I'd be happy to measure your neck before they tighten the noose around it but you seem to be doing a pretty good job with the latter yourself!
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:55 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:
Goofproof wrote:Check my numbers on the NSA, they track all my vital numbers. Polls are in general stupid wastes of time, as is yours. What's next you want our neck size, be sure to specify before or after the noose tightens. jim
I'd be happy to measure your neck before they tighten the noose around it but you seem to be doing a pretty good job of the latter yourself!
hey, ted, I gotta thank you...

your actions around here make ME look like a SAINT!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

dream4sleep

Post by dream4sleep » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:01 pm

[quote="tedburnsIII"The 'nuts' are those who choose not to vote, they are spoilers. Have you cast your vote, Moribus?

What makes you so afraid to vote?[/quote]

tedburns... if you expect to get serious replies then may I suggest you not ask such provocative questions.

The people who choose not to vote are not nuts, nor are you. However, by calling them nuts, that makes you a nut as well.

Respectfully, D4S

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Ok, I am as 'nutty' as the rest of youse! tehe he

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:20 am

tedburnsIII wrote:The 'nuts' are those who choose not to vote, they are spoilers. Have you cast your vote, Moribus?

What makes you so afraid to vote?
I did not (and will not) vote, and your comments that non-voters are spoilers and I have a "fear" of voting is sophomoric psychology at best.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:27 am

Morbius wrote:I did not (and will not) vote...
However, assuming that you had some sort of purpose to this, I chose to (scientifically) exclude myself, as I do not use xPAP and do not have sleep apnea, influenced largely (although not completely) by being in the 99.99 percentile of aerobic fitness (age-corrected).

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:34 am

And while my BMI is in the "normal" range, I find it far more helpful to monitor % Body Fat.

WildMtnHoney

Post by WildMtnHoney » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:56 am

Before I even consider kindly (or not) responding to a poll that I've been yelled at about, I'd like to know what the poll is polling regarding. What is the point? Are you polling who is overweight on a board of people who continue to chat about CPAP for years, or just this week? Why? Also, you do realize correlation can never be determined to equal causation, without appropriate scientific experimentation, right ?

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:06 am

WildMtnHoney wrote:Before I even consider kindly (or not) responding to a poll that I've been yelled at about, I'd like to know what the poll is polling regarding. What is the point? Are you polling who is overweight on a board of people who continue to chat about CPAP for years, or just this week? Why? Also, you do realize correlation can never be determined to equal causation, without appropriate scientific experimentation, right ?
Go pop into chat a read some of the stuff he's saying. You'll understand the motivation behind this poll....