I am done with C-Pap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yaconsult

Re: I am done with C-Pap

Post by yaconsult » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 am

Thank you for the update, OceanGoingGal. You put a smile on my face this morning. Sometimes the bull involved in dealing with bureaucracy can push us over the edge. I think we've all been there and I'm glad we were able to be here for you.

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:12 am

Can take a photo of the hours your machine was used? If they are paying for the machine still then they know when it was "rented" and can figure out if you average what ever their compliance is. I battled with my DME and BCBS, not only did I win the battle so did the DME as they earned an additional 70% profit minus my co-pay they wrote off.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:21 am

OceanGoingGal wrote:Good Morning! Pouring here and very gray skies but I feel much better today. I took your advice and called my insurance this morning. Expecting a fight and having to defend myself I was filled with doubt. To my surprise the woman I talked to was very pleasant and assured me that I would get my supplies and be sure to assign me a to new DME. She mentioned another client having problems too. The attitude of the woman a I talked to yesterday was poor and I was stunned at their willingness to imply over and over that I was lying about having sent in the data cards. Thank you to all of you for the calm advice you gave me. I appreciate all of you. Thanks again.

Laura
Hi Laura! I am SO relieved to hear this! I'm SO glad you called your insurance and hopefully have this straightened out. You've been a c'papper for a long time and I would absolutely hate to see one IDIOT ruin it for you (and I would fight it to the end doing whatever I could to help you).

Thanks for updating us! Now I won't worry about you. But still keep us posted and let us know when you get your supplies, k?

Great to see you!!

OceanGoingGal

Post by OceanGoingGal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 am

Last night when I called back to the DME to tell them I was not turning in the C-Pap I think they knew they were in trouble. They agreed but it was snotty. I think they realized the first call was recorded and they could be in big trouble if I complained. By them saying over and over that I did not send in the card they were insinuating that I was lying. The insurance company is going to call me back later today when they have a new DME for me. If they misplaced 2 cards of my data I wonder how many others they misplaced.

Laura

Ask Me About Girl Talk Cafe!

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:31 pm

That's great ! Good luck !

jjhall

Post by jjhall » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:36 pm

It is so nice to hear you made some progress. Please keep us posted as you learn more.

OceanGoingGal

Post by OceanGoingGal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks everyone for the support and the advice. I am hoping to hear from the insurance company soon. I won't be straying far from this forum again. I may not be here daily but I will check in. You all know so much more about c-pap than I ever will. Everyone here is always so willing to help. Thanks guys there really is "love in the forum"

Laura

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Great news, Laura! Good luck finding the right DME (I say that with only the slightest trace of sarcasm...)

<Marine>>Mom

Post by <Marine>>Mom » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:05 am

Let me encourage you to contact your insurance company before you return your equipment. Your insurance company not your DME is in charge of compliance. If you have insurance coverage you need to get on the phone with them. You can appeal any denial. That is your right under any insurance plan. Plus your DME can be fired and replaced. A DME is a third party supplier. If your mask leaks it is because it was not fitted properly. That is the job of your respiratory therapist who fitted your mask. Please call your insurance company right away and describe your situation. I am about to fire my DME for different reasons. Remember they work for you not the other way around. Take your money and your business elsewhere. if you have to. But please call your insurance company before you do anything.

Gish
Never underestimate the woman who fearlessly raised a Marine.

Gish
Marines. If you don't understand them I can't explain it.

OceanGoingGal

Post by OceanGoingGal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Hello Again! I just got off the phone with my Doctor. I told her the whole sordid story. I also put her in touch with Donna at Florida Blue. Donna has been with this from my first complaint. The doctor faxed over my prescription and the insurance company is handling it from there. I was very clear with Donna that I wanted a new DME and she assured me that would happen. There were several other patients that had made complaints. They also said my complaint was the worst they had heard. None of the others had been harassed for money. I am so glad I can finally see the light of day through all of this. Thanks again for the support.

Laura

OceanGoingGal

Post by OceanGoingGal » Sat May 02, 2015 5:22 am

Hello All, The result of my complaint to the insurance company. I had a phone call yesterday morning from the insurance company I got the name the name of my new DME. Shortly after that the DME called me and we set up an appointment for me to get a fitting for my much needed new equipment. I had been with the old DME since last September but had not been sent any new supplies that I ordered. I went in and settled on headgear that had a lot more support than the set I was using and has a chin strap attached too. Not like the old chin strap that slips off all the time this chin strap is attached to the headgear. The only problem was the doctor had written the script with a full face mask. I do not know where she got that idea as I had not used that before. I had to get the correction but they took care of it with a phone call and fax. I used the new headgear last night and slept 8.2 hours. At last a good nights sleep. I had not been getting much more than 4 on the old pillows since they were so worn. I had been using the only set I got since last September. The woman at the new DME said that new supplies that I need will be sent to me automatically when they are due. Pillows will be sent twice a month. I am a lot happier and rested this morning. Thank you all for listening to my rant and all the help.

Laura

purple

Post by purple » Sat May 02, 2015 5:56 am

Hi, Even if you get another DME. I suggest you might download data yourself, and email it to DME.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat May 02, 2015 6:01 am

OceanGoingGal wrote:Hello All, The result of my complaint to the insurance company. I had a phone call yesterday morning from the insurance company I got the name the name of my new DME. Shortly after that the DME called me and we set up an appointment for me to get a fitting for my much needed new equipment. I had been with the old DME since last September but had not been sent any new supplies that I ordered. I went in and settled on headgear that had a lot more support than the set I was using and has a chin strap attached too. Not like the old chin strap that slips off all the time this chin strap is attached to the headgear. The only problem was the doctor had written the script with a full face mask. I do not know where she got that idea as I had not used that before. I had to get the correction but they took care of it with a phone call and fax. I used the new headgear last night and slept 8.2 hours. At last a good nights sleep. I had not been getting much more than 4 on the old pillows since they were so worn. I had been using the only set I got since last September. The woman at the new DME said that new supplies that I need will be sent to me automatically when they are due. Pillows will be sent twice a month. I am a lot happier and rested this morning. Thank you all for listening to my rant and all the help.

Laura

I don't believe that Medicare allows a DME to ship supplies automatically...you need to call when you need something.

OceanGoingGal

Post by OceanGoingGal » Sat May 02, 2015 8:15 am

Hi, I do think as long as I am in compliance she can mail them to me. I know that she told me the pillows would be sent twice a month. I will hae a problem if not. I do not own a car.

Laura

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Sat May 02, 2015 8:04 pm

jjhall wrote:Don't give up. Look for another provider or buy your supplies from our hosts. An AHI of 80 is not safe for your health, or those around you while driving, etc. Fire your DME, find a new one, file a complaint with your insurance that you were in fact compliant but the DME failed to report it properly. Hopefully they'll give you another compliance period with a new DME.
Please DO file a complaint. Also consider filing a complaint with the state because they do not have your medical data secure. HIPPA reporting, you know.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)