Getting a Full Breath on CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OkyDoky

Re: Getting a Full Breath on CPAP

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:05 pm

This site is operated by a forum member Krevlin and it helps you understand how to download and work with Sleepyhead. https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

BobP

Post by BobP » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Thanks to all of you, you are making this newbie feel very welcome. So, I found the SleepyHead software. Wow, what a huge effort by those folks. My thanks to them. I have installed it, but having some trouble getting my card reader to read the SD card in my machine. Got a new card reader ordered. Once I get the data inputted and learn how to interpret it, I'll let you know what I find.

I rechecked, and my ERP only shows On and Off, even though the link to my machine description shows the levels 1, 2 and 3 you note. Do you think it is worth contacting my machine supplier on this?

We'll see how tonight goes.
Bob P

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:14 pm

BobP wrote:I rechecked, and my ERP only shows On and Off, even though the link to my machine description shows the levels 1, 2 and 3 you note. Do you think it is worth contacting my machine supplier on this
I believe that on the as10 machines, you have to go into the clinician menu to change the EPR levels, I may be mistaken on that point, in which case one of our fine members (tangled hose, perhaps. ) will correct me.

you can get the provider menu, if you feel like doing that, by going to this site:
http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

and request this manual: "ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite & CPAP (combined manual)" by mail, following the instructions on that page.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Here is the clinical menu for your machine. On page 10 it tells about EPR. https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:27 pm

Also just wanted to be sure that you were trying to import your data from your SD card using Sleepyhead and not trying to open with windows autoplay.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi Bob,

Yes, sleepyhead is amazing - better even than what the companies that make the machines have!

If you explain what you mean by not being able to read the card, we might be able to help. I presume you are plugging a mutli-size card reader into a usb port on your computer? Can you open the card and see the files? If so, what do you see? If not, what happens? Is there an error message?

Some of us get fancy and use a wireless sdcard so we can read the data over our local network and never have to remove the card from the machine - I am one of those nerds!

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:49 pm

BobP wrote:I am a newbie, just had my cpap machine for a week. I'm feeling soooo much better. More energy, don't feel hung over in the morning, less systemic soreness, etc. I am having one problem I am hoping to get some advice on. I sleep pretty well for 4-5 hours then wake up and have trouble getting a full, deep breath and it is keeping me awake. Let me try to describe this in a useful way. You know how when you take a really full, deep breath there is a sense of comfort you get? It feels like a muscle relaxes in your middle abdomen (diaphragm, maybe?) and your lungs totally fill up with air? I'm having a hard time with that. I have tried really forcing as much air out of my lungs as possible, then trying a deep breath. That helps sometimes. If I take my mask off (full nasal) and try to breath deeply a couple of times that helps sometimes too.

Any suggestions to help me get a deep breath reliably?

Thanks,

Bob
Bob when you say you feel hung over in the morning, was that every night or were you just drinking a lot?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:42 pm

Bob I suggest you ignore that last note... the poster has some problems we're trying to deal with and you'll only get sucked into a long, bizarre tangent you don't need.

BobP

Post by BobP » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:56 am

Hmmmm, don't see the last post I did yesterday.
First, thanks to all for making me feel so welcome. I was able to install the software (many thanks to those who have worked so hard on this; it's an amazing contribution!) I had trouble getting my card reader to recognize the SD card from my machine; will get a new reader today so I can import my data.

Did better last night with my deep breathing. One thing I noticed was I had not changed the mask setting from Pillow, which was what I started with, to Nose which I changed to. Don't know if that made the difference or the just that the breath gods smiled a bit on me last night.

However, I woke up after about 4 hours and couldn't go back to sleep. I paid more attention to what was happening and it became clear that as I started to fall back asleep I would stop breathing. I didn't feel any congestion or blockage, just stopped breathing which of course woke me up. This happened over and over until I gave and read for a while, then was able to go back to sleep. This sounds to me like central apnea, which my sleep testing said I had in addition to congestive. My numbers also did not look good: Events per hour = 21.9, AHI = 18.1, Total AI = 13.7, Central AI = 12.6. I think the last three are averages, not sure though.

The guy I got the machine from said Events per hour and Central AI should be below 5. I'm thinking I'll call him to see what the next steps are. Also, if I can get my SD card read, I can see what the data look like in the SleepyHead program.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Bob P

BobP

Post by BobP » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:59 am

My last two posts are not showing up. Not sure what I am doing wrong. This is a test post.

BobP

Post by BobP » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:05 am

Ooops, didn't see the Next page at the bottom. Anoyher Newbie goof!
Bob P

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:06 am

What happens when you plug the sdcard into the computer or reader? Do you see any files or folders? Are there any popups or error messages?

SleepyHead knows how to read the data for the machines it supports. So after you open SleepyHead, select your profile. This takes you to the main screen. Then you click on the picture of the sdcard and it will search all the drives on your computer looking for a drive that it recognizes as a cpap sdcard. Does that work for you? If not, what happens?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:07 am

BobP wrote:My last two posts are not showing up. Not sure what I am doing wrong. This is a test post.
are you perhaps hitting 'preview' instead of 'submit' and then closing the window?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

BobP

Post by BobP » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:22 am

Ok, now that I have seen the newer posts on the page I didn't see before, let me again say thanks for all the help and try to answer your questions. I was able to download the clinical manual, thanks OkyDoky for the link. I'm assuming this is the same resource as Palerider mentions, right?

As for my SD card, I took it out of the machine, plugged my universal card reader into a USB port. I was able to see the new "drives" that were on the card reader. When I put the SD card in, I got the message that I needed to format the card before using it. I also checked that the little tab was in the Unlocked position.

The wireless SD card that Yaconsult mentioned sounds like the way to go. Can you give me a link for the one you use?

Thanks again,

Bob
Bob P

BobP

Post by BobP » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:29 am

Just noticed I did not answer Yaconsult's question. When I click on the SD icon in SleepyHead it gives me the Insert Card dialog box and appears to search, giving me a percentage, presumably of the search done. Then it goes to the Find Directory dialog box. I click on the drive I think is the correct one and hit the command (forgot the name). It cooks for a bit then nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob P