If you ask for advice, PAY ATTENTION!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Enchanter

Re: If you ask for advice, PAY ATTENTION!!!

Post by Enchanter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 pm

robysue wrote:
In both yoga and mindfulness, you are not supposed to have expectations. You are simply suppose to accept what is without judging it. I wrote about that in the long post about yoga relaxation on the other thread. But it's hard to let go of expectations and judging. As JanKnitz says, being able to just observe in awareness and acceptance is VERY HARD to do. And you're not trying hard enough to just let go of the expectations and judging. It takes some effort to teach yourself how to do this. And ironically, when you are trying to learn how to observe in awareness and acceptance, one of the things you have to consciously just accept (without jugdement) is that at you might not be doing a great job at "observe in awareness and acceptance."

Since you wind up having expectations that cause you to feel worse when you are trying to do stretching, yoga, meditation, etc., perhaps you should take up something my mother taught me and my brothers: Contemplating one's belly button. Meaning the joy of sitting around and doing and thinking nothing.

But here is the fact. That something is CAUSING me to experience what I do. And there has to be a reason why others don't and I do. There must be a cause. See it's easy to talk about yoga and just being in the here and there, but in real life, there is always an expectation of some sort. You don't just do something for the sake of it.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

robysue

Post by robysue » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:43 pm

Enchanter wrote: But here is the fact. That something is CAUSING me to experience what I do. And there has to be a reason why others don't and I do. There must be a cause.
The CAUSE of what you are doing appears to anxiety. Seriously: You are one of the most anxious, nervous, and fearful people I've seen posting here in a very long time. You have TALKED yourself into believing fanciful things about your sleep test without even seeing the results. You refuse to listen to people who have more knowledge and experience that you do about OSA, sleep tests, and insomnia. And you refuse to entertain the idea that you might, just might, be wrong about anything.
See it's easy to talk about yoga and just being in the here and there, but in real life, there is always an expectation of some sort. You don't just do something for the sake of it.
Enchanter,

I am glad that I am NOT you. I would hate to live my life never being able to enjoy the simple pleasure of contemplating my belly button.

And contrary to what you may think, I do NOT have an expectation of some sort for absolutely everything in my life. And there are indeed things I do "just for the sake of doing them" without any expectations. Tramping through the snow is one of those things that I do "just for the sake of doing it." Playing fetch with my cat when he brings me a ball is one of those things that I do "just for the sake of doing it." Yoga and meditation are two more things that I do "just for the sake of doing them." And trying to help people here at cpaptalk.com is one of those things that I do "just for the sake of doing it."

In short, you seem to believe that life is a zero-sum game: Everything is a competition---including the damn sleep test. And either you win or the other guy wins. And somebody always loses and you are convinced that the whole health care system is out to screw you over. You are personally insulted when a doc can't "fix" your problem, preferably right away and with no pain, discomfort, or help from you.

I don't believe life is a zero-sum game. I don't believe everything is a competition. And I believe that most people do their best most of the time. And that includes health care workers, including the techs who run sleep tests and the docs who diagnose and treat us. And I believe that most of the time, win-win solutions to problems can be found.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:16 pm

+999999999999...

The answer is in your doctor's office in the form of the sleep study report. Make an appointment. Be relieved. Know the answer.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:25 pm

yaconsult wrote:+999999999999...

The answer is in your doctor's office in the form of the sleep study report. Make an appointment. Be relieved. Know the answer.

But how do you know true, deep sleep won't show if you have OSA moreso than whatever I experienced, which was not sleep?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:13 am

Enchanter wrote:
yaconsult wrote:+999999999999...

But how do you know true, deep sleep won't show if you have OSA moreso than whatever I experienced, which was not sleep?
Ask that of your doctor. He now has data to confirm what he will tell you - hard data from sensors connected to your body and measuring your brain waves.

Your doctor has the answer because he has the test results. We do not have the test results and can not have the answer.

Make an appointment. Be relieved. Know the answer.

What are you afraid of? Why would you not want to talk to the doctor as soon as possible? Are you afraid of the answer? Maybe he will confirm your beliefs that you did not sleep for a single second! If so, he will tell you what needs to be done next.

Make an appointment. Be relieved. Know the answer.