I failed the Sleep Study

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Krelvin

Re: I failed the Sleep Study

Post by Krelvin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:53 am

Every piece of advise has been met with complete skepticism and denial. Insistence that something else must be happening and disregard for that advise. Was told NOT to use more melatonin, but did anyway. More is NOT better.

67 posts from a user who is not even using CPAP yet....

Even when/if this person gets a CPAP, it will be another set of never ending drama.
Last edited by Krelvin on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:54 am

Enchanter wrote: Then they could be right. But I'll tell you I felt as awake as I feel at any point in the day. There may have been some yawns, but I feel as if I remember EVERY moment and was never truly asleep. I remember all the tossing and turning. I remember struggling to fall asleep. I believe that other people do fall asleep and think they woke up. What I'm saying is this.. I was really alert the whole time. I don't think that I was even close to being asleep. How can this be? I think that it might come down to semantics. Being technically asleep might be something different than what I think sleep is. I was just technically asleep based on the numbers or patterns. My brain reached a certain status that showed up on the computer, but I was still there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Like I don't believe I was awake. I know I was. I'm not saying the tests were wrong. I think it just comes down to semantics and what the definition of sleep really is.
buddy, that horse is dead, what will it take to get you to move on and quit beating it?

you were asleep, you think you were awake, you're wrong about that. accept it, and move on.

you've done virtually *nothing* but argue with everything that has been told to you that wasn't what you already thought.

why are you asking questions if all you're going to do is argue about the answers you get?

see this thread: viewtopic/t105342/If-you-ask-for-advice ... NTION.html it IS about you.

as to all your blabbering about semantics, why can't you just accept that YOU DO NOT REMEMBER?

Last edited by palerider on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:55 am

Krelvin wrote:Every piece of advise has been met with complete skepticism and denial. Insistence that something else must be happening and disregard for that advise. Was told NOT to use more melatonin, but did anyway. More is NOT better.

Even when/if this person gets a CPAP, it will be another set of never ending drama.
+1

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:55 am

And there were people who said "Gee, that Morbius! Why does he do that!?"

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 am

robysue wrote: You spent the last week telling us how the OSA was "sucking the oxygen" out of your brain at night. Now that you've got hard data that says you are experiencing some serious O2 destats during your sleep, you want to ignore the data and say ""I was awake the whole time so it doesn't count". And that doesn't make any rational sense to me.
Yes that's true but at the same time didn't you say that I couldn't possibly know? Now it says I'm sleeping and I strongly strongly believe I remember the whole night beginning to end. And I trust myself, thought admit anything is possible.

But what if I'm losing just a little oxygen and it's not from OSA? It seemed like he was going to tell me what was going on but when it was time to go and I talked to him, he was being very secretive and acted like he knew nothing and wanted to talk about nothing. He just told me they'll give me a call. Like you said, that's his job.

He didn't say I have OSA, he said that the test was so bad, that he can't determine anything. Though he did say he'd put me on a CPAP mask if he finds I have OSA. But I asked him why he was putting the mask on me. I was confused, since I thought I hadn't slept. He said that the CPAP can help me sleep. So I don't know if we were doing the first study or the 2nd study during that time. The whole thing is confusing.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:05 pm

palerider wrote:
Enchanter wrote: Then they could be right. But I'll tell you I felt as awake as I feel at any point in the day. There may have been some yawns, but I feel as if I remember EVERY moment and was never truly asleep. I remember all the tossing and turning. I remember struggling to fall asleep. I believe that other people do fall asleep and think they woke up. What I'm saying is this.. I was really alert the whole time. I don't think that I was even close to being asleep. How can this be? I think that it might come down to semantics. Being technically asleep might be something different than what I think sleep is. I was just technically asleep based on the numbers or patterns. My brain reached a certain status that showed up on the computer, but I was still there. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Like I don't believe I was awake. I know I was. I'm not saying the tests were wrong. I think it just comes down to semantics and what the definition of sleep really is.
buddy, that horse is dead, what will it take you to move on and quit beating it?

you were asleep, you think you were awake, you're wrong about that. accept it, and move on.

you've done virtually *nothing* but argue with everything that has been told to you that wasn't what you already thought.

why are you asking questions if all you're going to do is argue about the answers you get?

see this thread: viewtopic/t105342/If-you-ask-for-advice ... NTION.html it IS about you.

as to all your blabbering about semantics, why can't you just accept that YOU DO NOT REMEMBER?

Well if the doctor confirms it, then I'll just have to go with it. You could be right. I could be wrong. But all I'm saying is the tech seemed a little bit shaky to ME. Because once my time was up and I wanted to confirm with him about the oxygen he played it off like he didn't know what was going on. He just said that the test was inconclusive and needs to be redone.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:09 pm

The tech cannot tell you ANYTHING, or they will get FIRED.
Results can only be reported by the doctor or his staff, --under his direction.
It's one of the rules.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:13 pm

+ 1,ooo

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:16 pm

Krelvin wrote:Every piece of advise has been met with complete skepticism and denial. Insistence that something else must be happening and disregard for that advise. Was told NOT to use more melatonin, but did anyway. More is NOT better.

Well that's not very encouraging. Like I'm trying to sabotage myself... Why are you against me?
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 pm

I'm not paranoid. People are out to get me.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Are you f-g serious? Now I really think you must be a troll! Read back through all your threads... READ what everyone has said... and stop whining for gd's sake, we're just sick of it!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Enchanter wrote: But all I'm saying is the tech seemed a little bit shaky to ME. Because once my time was up and I wanted to confirm with him about the oxygen he played it off like he didn't know what was going on. He just said that the test was inconclusive and needs to be redone.
because nutjobs *sue* for things like the tech telling you something, along with the fact, as you've been told *REPEATELY* he's a tech, not a doctor, and legally can't tell you anything.

I had an ultrasound because an incompetent doctor thought I had a blood clot in my leg. the tech and I were laughing it up the whole time, as she was doing her job, but she refused to tell me anything, even though she does it all day long and she KNEW without a doubt what the readings indicated... but she *WAS NOT ALLOWED* to tell me the results.

GET OVER IT!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Enchanter wrote:

Well that's not very encouraging. Like I'm trying to sabotage myself... Why are you against me?
because you're starting to annoy the crap out of everybody.

all Krelvin did was point out *facts*.

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Enchanter wrote:

Echanter, no one is against you. The issue is you have been told repeatedly that if the EEG reports you as having slept, then you did even if you think you didn't. I can understand you being skeptical initially but when everyone keeps saying the same thing, it is pretty obvious that perhaps you need to change your thinking.

I don't think you are troll by the way but you seem to have alot of trouble with inflexible rigid thinking that can get you into trouble big time. Something to be aware of.

By the way, I am not why you are even arguing about this since you were so concerned about not sleeping without a sleep aid. If someone had told me I slept when I was worried I hadn't, I would be very happy. And because you slept even though it obviously wasn't ideal, you have more options for the next go around than you think you do.

49er

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:32 pm

palerider wrote:
Enchanter wrote: But all I'm saying is the tech seemed a little bit shaky to ME. Because once my time was up and I wanted to confirm with him about the oxygen he played it off like he didn't know what was going on. He just said that the test was inconclusive and needs to be redone.
because nutjobs *sue* for things like the tech telling you something, along with the fact, as you've been told *REPEATELY* he's a tech, not a doctor, and legally can't tell you anything.

I had an ultrasound because an incompetent doctor thought I had a blood clot in my leg. the tech and I were laughing it up the whole time, as she was doing her job, but she refused to tell me anything, even though she does it all day long and she KNEW without a doubt what the readings indicated... but she *WAS NOT ALLOWED* to tell me the results.

GET OVER IT!

Ok fine, I didn't know. Now I do. Like I said I'm sorry. I didn't sleep for 36 hours and I'm not feeling well. I'm so sorry.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier