Should this become a 'Sticky'?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tatooed Lady

Re: No good deed goes unpunished

Post by Tatooed Lady » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:34 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:Adding 'BS' to foe list, you 'creep'. You and the other losers on here.

I am out of this thread- my own. Pathetic.

Have a nice day.
Well, yeah...this thread IS pathetic...but BS isn't a creep, and for someone who has been a member for a whopping TWO MONTHS, you sure seem like a flying asshat. Of course, that is just IMHO.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

Morbius

Re: Should this become a 'Sticky'?

Post by Morbius » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:34 pm

And if you want a "notable link" (I hate the word "sticky")(at least in this context)(actually in the other context too), the hot topic now is STOPBANG:

http://www.stopbang.ca/

BlackSpinner

Re: No good deed goes unpunished

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:Adding 'BS' to foe list, you 'creep'. You and the other losers on here.

I am out of this thread- my own. Pathetic.

Have a nice day.
At this rate you will be talking to yourself alone on the forum. Did you ask your mama if you are allowed on the internet alone?

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

tedburnsIII

You are darn right that I am asking your aid in defense

Post by tedburnsIII » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Pugsy wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:It was recommended that I do so by someone very special here who apparently does not have the courage to come to my defense. That is sad. And some of you here are really pathetic creatures.
So I need to come to your defenses huh? Looks like you are quite able to duke it out yourself.

You came to me because you thought I could make it a sticky....I told you that I myself didn't think that what it said encompassed the right population and sort of ignored women and just perpetuated the old fat/middle aged/male stereotype. I didn't think it was all that good of a paper myself but hey, that's my opinion....and besides I have no powers to make anything a sticky. My forum powers are just like everyone else's powers and I don't want any special powers.

So I suggested that you offer it up to the forum and see what they thought about making it a sticky and you got your answer. Probably more bluntly than mine was but that's the way it is here.

What I told you was if enough forum members thought it was worthy of being a sticky then sometimes the forum administrators will do that if enough people want it. That's what I said. I never said I would endorse it being a sticky.
I didn't think it was worth of sticky material but it's not my place to make that decision...figured let the masses vote and they did.

You know what happens when forums have a lot of stickies...no one reads any of them.

You thought it was a good study/paper...the rest of us didn't. Move on and get over it.
I contacted you due to your prevalence here about the PROCEDURE to go about presenting it, whether here in a thread, or directly to a Moderator, etc.

I never expected you to endorse or not. You did answer my inquiry and I did appreciate that response.

Did you ever actually read it? hhhmmmm....

Last edited by tedburnsIII on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

Krelvin

sticky for beating a dead horse.

Post by Krelvin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Need a sticky thread for Beat a Dead horse thread.

Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:48 pm

"Prevalence"? I think you meant 'knowledge'. Just saying...

tedburnsIII

Re: sticky for beating a dead horse.

Post by tedburnsIII » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Krelvin wrote:Need a sticky thread for Beat a Dead horse thread.

That is what people say when they don't have a leg to stand on nor any cogent argument.

You are foe, too, 'Krelvin'.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Then why this comment?
tedburnsIII wrote: does not have the courage to come to my defense.
I wasn't aware that I needed to say anything in this thread and wouldn't have until you made the above remark and I knew it was targeted at me. I didn't see the need to say anything here until the above comment was made. Kinda chicken poop to me.

If we are going to post messages..let's make sure everyone sees them all so they know the whole story.
this was your first
by tedburnsIII
Dear Pugsy:

Thanks so much for your wonderful contributions here. I really enjoy your posts and find them very informative.

Here is a url for a study that I think is so well-written that you might want to consider a sticky of it, if able to do so.

Otherwise, someone should post a link to it, which I have refrained from doing, until first contacting you.
and this was my first response
by Pugsy
Thanks, I will look at the paper a little later when I have more time.
From a quick glance it is very similar to many other papers that I have read in the past except I see they don't list women specifically which sort of irks me and continues the stereotype that it isn't something that very women deal with...or that skinny women deal with ...and that's so untrue. I was a skinny little thing when I first was diagnosed...no one thought I could ever have it...no small airway...no smoking...skinny assed thing...none of the typical stuff except snores that would rattle the windows. But mine is in the "severe" category.

I don't have the ability to do forum stickies like you see in the announcement section and up in the Wiki light bulb thing there is something similar already in there somewhere.

Despite my presence on the forum I have no special abilities beyond what everyone else has.
It takes administrator privileges to do the stickies and I don't have them and quite honestly...don't want them or the responsibility. I get into enough trouble as it is.
and your response to that
by tedburnsIII
I think it does mention women. In any event, thanks for getting back to me.

If you can pass it on to an Administrator or Moderator who has the power to make it a sticky, or give me the user name of such person, I will pass it on myself.
at which I then suggested posting it on the forum for member input that you posted above.

I guess I should have told you it was a crap study and out of date and all that but it's not my decision to make.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Yeah, well, thanks for the 'heads up' about the cretins on here. You should have told me about that- equally important.

Fine, I do not believe that it is crap. And when I contact U of MD medical center perhaps they will retract it if it is no longer considered accurate, or perhaps they may comment here in this thread, and sic their lawyers on y'all for besmirching the reputations of its authors.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Julie wrote:"Prevalence"? I think you meant 'knowledge'. Just saying...
maybe he misinterpreted this:
prev·a·lence
ˈprev(ə)ləns/
noun: prevalence; plural noun: prevalences

the fact or condition of being prevalent; commonness.
"the prevalence of obesity in adults"
maybe he's calling pugsy 'common'... or maybe he's calling her fat.

or, maybe he meant "pervasiveness"
: existing in or spreading through every part of something <a pervasive odor> — per·va·sive·ly adverb. — per·va·sive·ness noun. See pervasive defined for English-language learners.
so, maybe he thinks pugsy needs a bath?

either way, it's not very polite.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:13 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:Fine, I do not believe that it is crap. And when I contact U of MD medical center perhaps they will retract it if it is no longer considered accurate, or perhaps they may comment here in this thread, and sick their lawyers on y'all for besmirching the reputations of its authors.
and this, folks, tells you everything you could possibly want to know about our very own major frank burns, aka, ferret face.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Elle

Post by Elle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Ted, You have just made yourself several steps lower than a troll by posting private messages. You are a cry baby and don't deserver to have been anywhere near someone like Pugsy. I was starting to think you had some psychological problems but now see that you are just a really repugnant person.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Or...presence?

I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:30 pm

tedburnsIII wrote:Yeah, well, thanks for the 'heads up' about the cretins on here. You should have told me about that- equally important.

Fine, I do not believe that it is crap. And when I contact U of MD medical center perhaps they will retract it if it is no longer considered accurate, or perhaps they may comment here in this thread, and sick their lawyers on y'all for besmirching the reputations of its authors.
Wow. Just because YOU want to think of your magical find as gospel, doesn't mean it's worth using as toilet paper. Besmirch THIS *gestures* you, sir or Madame, are an asshat.

I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Tatooed Lady wrote:
Or...presence?
well, omnipresent might be more appropriate...