my husbands diagnosis of OSA

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tedburnsIII

Re: my husbands diagnosis of OSA

Post by tedburnsIII » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am

yaconsult wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:I have yet to hear a single comment from the husband. I don't care if he works or not.
And I have yet to hear a single comment from him about how he has felt since doing the therapy. Good, bad, the same, worse, better?

One can lead a horse to water but not make him drink. It seems that she is doing all the work and that is NOT GOOD, IMO.

Unfortunately, he may be DOOMED TO FAIL if he personally does not take a more active role in his own therapy.
Now see - how does that help?! Several of us have gently suggested the same thing. But here you come with the negativity and talk of failure.

You, Sir, are sadly lacking in people skills!
I am just trying to stop all the coddling and oh,dear, we feel for you c*ap. The truth may hurt but sometimes being a bit more blunt gets results.

I would not have made such comment if the husband were active here. But he isn't, is he? Why not?

I thought this forum was for helping people who want to be helped. There's something missing in this whole case scenario.
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

Holli

Post by Holli » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 am

Well apparently, with 4 kids under the age of 3 my post reply did not save to the site so if there is a duplicate feel free to read either or.

Ted....

This is for you, bud.

I am DONE with being nice here. AS IF I owe you ANY kind of explanation!!!! But for the sake of all here, to answer your incessan t badgering and questions why is not the husband here answering and that maybe you would change your tune if he was??? He works outside our home for a living, in a very technical field (computers) which for you IT people can know how involved and crazy and demanding and the long hours often required. And I work INSIDE the home. So therefore, as a married couple, is it not part of being married that when one needs help the other jumps in any way he or she can???? My husband does not have the time to be posting here all the time, and he is not active in any forums at all. Another thing, we have young children, and he has a ton of work that often finds him working inside and outside the office. But I am the one who has time so what DIFFERENCE does it make who posts?!!! Of course I encourage him every single day how wonderful this group is and that he would really benefit from being active instead of me posting for him - but if he doesn't have the time to do it, what is such a horrible crime that I do it for him???????????And another thing...with your constant bickering and going back and forth - how about you stop your arguing on my thread and START YOUR OWN. Is that not what threads are for???? To keep like-subjects-together???? And quit taking over mine??? Is respect a difficult concept to you?! I have been more than tolerant of your high school drama but I am tired of it. And enough is enough. Here everyone ELSE is, likely having sores of their fingers and putting tylenol out of business AND taking away from their own family and personal time to sit there and write out things for this "noob or newbie" wife...and I'm having issues making heads or tails of where the useful info starts and where your own badgering ends?! Did not your mama or papa raise you to keep quiet if you don't have anything nice to say??? Geez!!! I'll be 40 tomorrow - and I feel like I'm friggin 14 years old in grade school again. For the love of pete stop it! Be helpful or be quiet!

Getting off soapbox.

And now for the rest of you, dear ones who I just can't say how grateful I am... just so you know, with our little ones James and I have not been able to have any uninterrupted time together to go over your posts as a couple. We were up til 2am last night talking about this very thing, and he agreed that we'd put them to bed earlier tonight so that he and I can sit next to his apap machine and go through this entire thread, answering all questions, trying all suggestions, looking at all links etc etc. As for how he slept last night, he did tie the cabbage patch doll to his back lol to prevent him from going on his back. And he did adjust his settings up by .5, and I am chomping at the bit to hear how he slept last night after that change. He had to go the doctor for a blood test just to see if there are any other conditions going on other than the apnea this morning so unfortunately we did not have a chance to talk like we usually do. I am counting the moments til he gets home around 530 or 6 and he can tell me. I promise to put that too. And he also activated the mask alarm that y'all mentioned last night too. He kept the mask on all night. He has said since starting the machine that he doesn't feel more rested per se but that he does feel like he got good sleep - maybe that makes more sense to you than me because I haven't worn an apap to sleep? That's the only update he has given me. James has also read those manuals you gave - the user and the clinician. And he mentioned something about the sd card to me just now on the phone but unfortunately got another call at work so we had to hang up. So again...tonight is the night to address every single question in this thread by well intended contributors. And I will type them up and answer them. As well as update my signature as promised, with all his equipment and information. All i ask is a little patience. I take care of 4 kids under the age of 3 full time and so posting, and all, is really tough to do. I barely have enough time to breathe as it is. But I promise that I will answer, address, everything after my husband and I go through this thread together tonight when we are kid free.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:49 am

Holli, you GO, girl! Wonderful response. The explanation was not necessary, but I understand why you did it.

I work in IT too, so I know exactly what you mean. I know the pressures of the job and understand what a huge help it is for James to have a wonderful partner like you to help out with the non-work stuff.

Take all the time you need and let us know if we can help. That's what most of us like to do. And, clearly, you already know how to handle the rest.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:01 pm

yaconsult wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:I have yet to hear a single comment from the husband. I don't care if he works or not.
Now see - how does that help?! Several of us have gently suggested the same thing. But here you come with the negativity and talk of failure.

that's a nice way of saying "totally devoid"... you forgot to mention his attention whoring, though

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Holli wrote:Well apparently, with 4 kids under the age of 3 my post reply did not save to the site so if there is a duplicate feel free to read either or.

Ted....

This is for you, bud.
Holli, would you accept a hug?

you've got enough other crap on your plate without some jumped up jerkwad with delusions of adequacy getting all up in your face...

*HUGS*!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Papit

Post by Papit » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Oh, yeah! I'm lovin' this! Who knew this could be such an entertaining site. Yeoww !! Love ya all and the sounding off. Btw, Ted ain't so bad. I like him. Everybody's been piling up on him so now he's getting loose and direct. That's ok. He's not the bashful type and he is learning. Keep doin' what you're doin', Holli. Great progress with your husband. With you there, he's bound to do well.

Edit: As I've said before, enough with the personal attack language, and certainly the earlier profanity. We don't need that here. THAT has to go, palerider!

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Holli, I spent some time searching and found a Patient and Clinician quick reference guide to settings. You will need to see if it applies to the model of Resmart that you have, probably by trying it. At the very bottom, it describes how you can bring up the summary data for the previous night. It seems to explain things pretty well. As always, I would ask advice of experienced forum members before changing settings. Changes often do not have an immediate effect.

Here it is: http://www.continuedcare.com/wp-content ... -Sheet.pdf

I hope that James continues to see an improvement in his sleep.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Wish you well, Holli, and 'you're welcome' to your non-existent 'thank you' for my prior posts re data.

Good 'luck' to you and your husband! I am out of this thread!!!

Last edited by tedburnsIII on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Sometime Holli when you don't have so much on your plate, we will tell you about Dori and Mike.
Mike was the cpap user and Dori is the wife. Mike never ever visited this forum...it was always Dori and I can't imagine anyone being so rude to her. It really doesn't matter who needs the help or why....most of us just give it the best way we can.

Sadly Dori doesn't visit us as much lately (we lost Mike last February) but she is still considered a good friend and an asset to this community and she helped countless people herself even though she never used cpap. She learned so she could help Mike and then it overflowed to others.

I know this is all quite overwhelming at the moment but it will get easier for both you and your husband with time and experience and education. It's about progression more than perfection and even the seasoned cpap veteran's sometimes hit a few bumps in the road. We deal with it and move on. You will get there also. Your husband will get there also. It will take a bit of time and education to learn how to deal with the bumps but you and he will get there.

Keep up the good work and give the kiddies a hug...I can't imagine taking care of 4 kids alone...much less under the age of 3.

We don't see many forum members using the machine you are using so we can't offer as specific of advice as we would like to in order to help you get the data to verify how optimal the therapy actually is so that's why we keep throwing out the ideas...it's all we can dig up to offer. Once you can give us a little bit of data results we will have a better idea what is going on in terms of the therapy itself. Don't be disheartened...it took me over 2 weeks to get any sort of handle on things and sleep more than 4 hours with the mask and machine and I had all the background and advantages available at the time and it was still a bit of a challenge to get it sorted out....with no kids at all to be a distraction.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Pugsy wrote:Sometime Holli when you don't have so much on your plate, we will tell you about Dori and Mike.
Mike was the cpap user and Dori is the wife. Mike never ever visited this forum...it was always Dori and I can't imagine anyone being so rude to her. It really doesn't matter who needs the help or why....most of us just give it the best way we can.

Sadly Dori doesn't visit us as much lately (we lost Mike last February) but she is still considered a good friend and an asset to this community and she helped countless people herself even though she never used cpap. She learned so she could help Mike and then it overflowed to others.
That was the perfect thing to say, Pugsy. Just perfect. I hope Dori is healing and doing well. I miss her.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Papit wrote:Btw, Ted ain't so bad. I like him.
and, there we have it, another black mark against ted.

edit:
Papit wrote:THAT has to go, palerider!
who DIED and left you in charge???

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:26 pm

ooooh ooooh toody-toody! Get out the popcorn, folks! Oh, sorry, I am supposed to be out of here. Papit should win this fight. He's got less 'issues'.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elle

Post by Elle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:31 pm

palerider wrote:
yaconsult wrote:

that's a nice way of saying "totally devoid"... you forgot to mention his attention whoring, though

Pot meet kettle
Last edited by Elle on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Ummm, who got pulse-ox monitor confused with sleep monitor?

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Please, folks - this thread is to support and help Holli and James. Snipes at other posters are really out of place here. Thank you!